test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In Game Patching

atheticathetic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all.I've just started to play neverwinter and I have one big problem:
Everything is ok until I've to patch in game when I've joined a new area.My dl speed is usually at 150kb/s but in game it reduces to 10kb/s and I get disconnected from server.(or that red error comes up which says:"no response from server")
So I was wondering is there anyway to download and patch all these stuff before I start playing game?(e.g when I entered the tavern I got this problem so is there anyway that I patch all files before starting game so after entering areas like tavern won't be making troubles anymore?)

Thanks in advance
Post edited by athetic on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    You can disable that in the launcher. Should be in the options before you log in. Let me know if you have any difficulty and I will post a detailed explanation.
  • atheticathetic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can disable that in the launcher. Should be in the options before you log in. Let me know if you have any difficulty and I will post a detailed explanation.

You mean Disable On-Demand Patching right?
    Thanks I just did that.Right now I can play but until afternoon I'll test it to see if it has worked.

Sorry but I've two more questions:
    In option page,there's something named Proxy hich can be set to US or EU or none.What's that?(My country is in eu so I was wondering if that will reduce my ping?)

second one is that when you're in a raid boss drops some items that you can need,greed or pass.How to know if that item is good for me?(I mean except pressing alt and reading its details.In a video I saw that for every item everyone selected need or greed in a almost no time.How did they know if the item was good for them in such a fast time?)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Yes. On-Demand Patching being disabled was what I was referencing.

Sorry I have no idea what the proxy bit is :(

If it's not red, it's for your class. I think they also added a "this is not for your class" text under the UI as well :)
    edited March 2013
    Yes. On-Demand Patching being disabled was what I was referencing.

Sorry I have no idea what the proxy bit is :(

If it's not red, it's for your class. I think they also added a "this is not for your class" text under the UI as well :)

But there is a chance that for example an item drops(for example a belt) but your own belt is better than that one.so if you need,it'll be kind of unfair to other people with the same class as you in your party.

Thanks you helped me so much.I just have to download 2gb for this on-demand patching but after that I will be relieved.
    edited March 2013
    Sadly there's really no way around this...but you can always be nice and offer up the weaker items after you get it if you like :)
    Or you could do what my brother seems to do and just pretend there's no option other than Shift-1 and take everything you can get -.-
    Yeah don't play with him...

And yeah. I know a few people who have issues with on demand patching. Personally I have a great connection so I couldn't care either way but absolutely it can and has impeded others. Glad to help!
    edited March 2013
    Sadly there's really no way around this...but you can always be nice and offer up the weaker items after you get it if you like :)
    Or you could do what my brother seems to do and just pretend there's no option other than Shift-1 and take everything you can get -.-
    Yeah don't play with him...

And yeah. I know a few people who have issues with on demand patching. Personally I have a great connection so I couldn't care either way but absolutely it can and has impeded others. Glad to help!

That's no problem I can handle that 2gb thing.
    Your brother is kinda scarry :D

You said that we can offer to trade it:can we do that?I mean when you get an item from the loot system can you trade it with other people?won't that become an untradeble item?(binds when picked up as we called them in WoW)
    edited March 2013
    Hover the Reticule over another person and Press F. It'll bring up a whole slew of options like adding as friends, adding to ignore, adding to party...and of course "Trade." :)

When in doubt, try the F Key haha. It's the big 'not in combat' universal control. It does more things than a Swiss Army Knife.
    edited March 2013
    No I know that.I meant can we trade those items?In wow there were many items which couldn't be traded because of being soul bound.