test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Instant disconnects! DEV HELP PLZ!

pigbeadpigbead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
So I played earlier for around an hour uninterrupted, got two characters to level 4. Then me and my friend get to the Hall of Justice Vaults and I disconnect from NW and Ventrilo (wireless connection dropped). I log back in and instantly see "server is not responding" with the timer ticking.. And then wireless drops again. I logged into other games for comparison and had no connection issues (LoL & WoW). This has happened 10+ times in the last hour. I have reset my modem/router, reinstalled twice, moved folder from Program Files 86 to Program files. I'm baffled. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by pigbead on

Comments

• pigbeadpigbead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Update. Just cleared Hall of Justice Vaults by myself and then ran around town a bit by myself. Then I invited the same friend back to group and DC'd once again when he accepted.
  • buhtlaabuhtlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pigbead wrote: »
    So I played earlier for around an hour uninterrupted, got two characters to level 4. Then me and my friend get to the Hall of Justice Vaults and I disconnect from NW and Ventrilo (wireless connection dropped). I log back in and instantly see "server is not responding" with the timer ticking.. And then wireless drops again. I logged into other games for comparison and had no connection issues (LoL & WoW). This has happened 10+ times in the last hour. I have reset my modem/router, reinstalled twice, moved folder from Program Files 86 to Program files. I'm baffled. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Was in a party yesterday and was getting disconnected while changing the instance. Didn't happen every time though.
  • pigbeadpigbead Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Did it only disconnect from NW or did your internet connection drop for a few?
  • oddvarroddvarr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So the game is disconnecting the internet completely? Try disabling the game's voice chat. The game disconnects my internet too if I don't.
    edited March 2013
    oddvarr wrote: »
    So the game is disconnecting the internet completely? Try disabling the game's voice chat. The game disconnects my internet too if I don't.

Yes, internet is gone for 1-2 minutes as soon as I join a group (and rarely when not grouped). Thanks, I will try this tonight and see if it resolves the issue.