test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Am I supposed to just take a Guess at Paragon paths or what?

thecopainthecopain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
So... I haven't reached 30 yet in game.. but it really doesn't seem like we get info on the skills until we lock in to whatever Paragon we go with... which means I can't look up the skills ahead of time. They also don't seem to be on any Wiki.

So... basically if I pick the wrong one then I have to remake my character or what? Even if this info comes out on a Wiki it's kinda ridiculous to not have it in game..
Post edited by thecopain on

Comments

• Options
    ravenrabbitravenrabbit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Well, you'll have to remake your character anyway :) It won't survive launch ;)
  • Options
    thecopainthecopain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, you'll have to remake your character anyway :) It won't survive launch ;)
    I'm leveling Rogue for the beta, but I always tank in games, so this basically means I have to make three Guardians in order to know if I'm the right one or not.

Good game design. Totally.
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    That would be good game design... if there wasn't only ONE paragon path you can take atm. But since there is I wouldn't worry about it, since you don't have a choice.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited March 2013
    Information pertinent to high level skills that are subject to change aren't available in a comprehensive database by the 3rd ever closed beta weekend?

Color me surprised.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Information pertinent to high level skills that are subject to change aren't available in a comprehensive database by the 3rd ever closed beta weekend?

Color me surprised.
    I don't think you understand very well. My point is I shouldn't have to go to a wiki in order to get this kind of info. This should be info in the game as it's very much a class defining choice.
  • Options
    bismar7bismar7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013

Color me surprised.
    It would be nice if they decided to tell us any information about any of their plans... but since, for some reason, they think that it will help this game to be a success; they are keeping all the systems and plans under lock and key.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    thecopain wrote: »
    I don't think you understand very well. My point is I shouldn't have to go to a wiki in order to get this kind of info. This should be info in the game as it's very much a class defining choice.

load class into game.
    Hit P on keyboard
    Hit paragon paths in lower right
    (only works on a character lower than 30)
    26.jpg
  • Options
    ragnarok1011ragnarok1011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    bismar7 wrote: »
    It would be nice if they decided to tell us any information about any of their plans... but since, for some reason, they think that it will help this game to be a success; they are keeping all the systems and plans under lock and key.

Or they are just making the game as they go along with no real planning... kinda feels like that at times. They threw the 4e rulebook out the window so maybe they are inventing their own paragon classes as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That shows passives. I want to know what the actives are. You know, those things that take up half your skill tree saying "YOU'LL GET THIS WHEN YOU PICK A PARAGON CLASS AT LEVEL 30"

EDIT: was meant for Bismar.
  • Options
    abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Paragon actives are viewed in the Powers tab, click the "View Paths" button on the bottom left and you can preview them.
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    abaddonxk wrote: »
    Paragon actives are viewed in the Powers tab, click the "View Paths" button on the bottom left and you can preview them.

Exactly, but this is broken. You can only view the powers/abilities once per game launch. They still work fine, but viewing is broken. If you view it once, and try to go back it shows up with no powers. Its a known bug, but they haven't fixed it yet. Also not to important with only one paragon path per class right now anyway.
  • Options
    beardyalebellybeardyalebelly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited March 2013
    Paragon Feats IS NOT THE SAME as Paragon Path. There is only one paragon path in the game right now for each class, so that makes your choice easy.

The paragon feats you can see, just click on it.
    BEARDY
    -= Dark Star Syndicate - Heavy RP, Dark Themes =-
    Website Recruitment
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    Go to the P show Paragon Path and look at the skill list I am looking at GWF Swordmaster path ATM and I got At Will Encounter Daily and 3 Passives all listed.

Note it seems to be buggy though as some times the power listings bit vanishes.
  • Options
    squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Color me surprised.

Or they could actually bother documenting as they go along, rather than scrambling after the fact and doing it inaccurately and/or never.
    SQUIRREL!
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You will be able to purchase respec tokens so you can respec your character if you like. I am sure they will be somewhat expensive, and will probably cost astral diamonds or zen (depending on which you prefer to spend). You won't have to create a different character to try all three paths, though I imagine there will be a cost to it.
  • Options
    danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Exactly, but this is broken. You can only view the powers/abilities once per game launch. They still work fine, but viewing is broken. If you view it once, and try to go back it shows up with no powers. Its a known bug, but they haven't fixed it yet. Also not to important with only one paragon path per class right now anyway.

They bug it and stop *****ing. It's beta.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    That shows passives. I want to know what the actives are. You know, those things that take up half your skill tree saying "YOU'LL GET THIS WHEN YOU PICK A PARAGON CLASS AT LEVEL 30"

EDIT: was meant for Bismar.
    It shows you.
    26.jpg
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    FEATS don't change based on your PP choice. The feats are constant whichever path you take.
  • Options
    kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This thread is dumb.

OP is just complaining that he couldn't find everything to plan out his build for launch right away and yelling at everyone.

This is Closed Beta, not a pre-release demo.
  • Options
    freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    kromzor wrote: »
    This thread is dumb.

OP is just complaining that he couldn't find everything to plan out his build for launch right away and yelling at everyone.

This is Closed Beta, not a pre-release demo.

Lol, yea right. Apparently, you are completely new to mmos... This last stage of "beta" is a promotion more then anything else, the real "closed beta" has been over for long. There won't be any substantial changes anymore, beyond maybe some slight fixes here and there. Maybe this particular bug will even get fixed, but saying this "beta" is anything but a marketing ploy is just outright wrong.
  • Options
    dweomerknightdweomerknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    freemind25 wrote: »
    Lol, yea right. Apparently, you are completely new to mmos... This last stage of "beta" is a promotion more then anything else, the real "closed beta" has been over for long. There won't be any substantial changes anymore, beyond maybe some slight fixes here and there. Maybe this particular bug will even get fixed, but saying this "beta" is anything but a marketing ploy is just outright wrong.

Apparently, you're the one new to MMO's if you think this state of affairs is bad compared to other MMO's. I've seen companies add completely new features less than two weeks before street date. Once, I feel through a "hole" in the world three days before launch and had to kill myself to respawn (logging out did nothing).

Honestly, there's a gajillion MMO's out there nowadays; it's not like you're forced to play this one to get your fantasy fix. If this one isn't doing it for you then go try Guild Wars 2 or any one of dozens of other free fantasy MMO's.

If you're really experienced with MMO's, then you know that both your complaint and attitude (at this point) are going to do nothing except make the devs ignore the thread and other posters look at you like a troll. Apart from complaining for the sake of complaining, what do you really expect to accomplish by this?
  • Options
    kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Some content is not available.
    Call it a bug.

OK....

You're wrong to think they wont make any more big changes. Warhammer Online made dozens of substantial changes to the game and character classes (mostly for the worse) in the final weeks before launch. And they aren't the only developers to do so. Neverwinter doesn't even have a release date.
  • Options
    koriel8koriel8 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013

In every beta, classes are typically the last thing to get worked on and major overhauls can happen right up to launch.

DAOC did a total overhaul of wizards and split them into two classes, Wizard and Theurgist, a couple of weeks before launch. WoW completely revised the paladin right before launch, and overhauled the Death Knight's rune mechanic just before the Outland expansion launched. Age of Conan did a major overhaul to healers, deleting and merging classes during beta. And Cryptic, who makes this game, completely rebalanced the effectiveness of every power in the game in Champions Online, one day before launch.