test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

House Thuar'Fea Recruiting - Drow Elves Only - 18+ Mature Guild

trelaneofgtothostrelaneofgtothos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
Greetings. If you are interested in joining, you can check out our website at www.housethaurfea.guildportal.com. Please be advised, we are a mature guild and will only be accepting Drow characters and players of 18+ years.

It is unfortuntate that most will be unable to roll a Drow until 60 days after launch. After much deliberation, we are still going forward with maintaining the racial integrity of the Guild.

We just got the website up and running and will be adding additional functionality as we go forward. This will not be a hardcore enterprise, but we are looking for a select group of quality players. If you are interested in helping us build something special, check us out. If not, we wish you well in what looks to be an amazing game.

Please visit www.housethaurfea.guildportal.com and check out the Guild Info and Hierarchy.
Post edited by trelaneofgtothos on

Comments

• sjirosjiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Is there currently a preferred time-zone for applicants? I checked your site but couldn't find any information on it.
    I like the idea, but can't justify applying if I'm the only member on during my hours.

Thanks!
  • trelaneofgtothostrelaneofgtothos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Our base will be Eastern Standard, but folks keep different hours. I think you will see a good cross section of activity.
  • beastofhartfordbeastofhartford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Love the all drow guild!
  • beastofhartfordbeastofhartford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Welcome to House Thaur'Fea (Thawr-Fey-Uh). The House of Abominable Spirits. Guild info as follows...

First and foremost, we are a Drow only guild. No exceptions.
    We are an adult guild (18+) and will conduct ourselves with tact and respect for all of our fellow players. And then we may or may not slay them.
    We welcome players of all skill sets. This is about having fun and helping each other out.
    We ask you to be creative in the choice of your characters name or use a drow name generator that you can find online. Names like Goober or Harry Potter are not acceptable.
    We are a light role playing guild, encouraging those that wish to do so but this is not mandatory.
    We will be fully active in Foundry, PVP, PVE and Endgame activities.
    This is not going to be a rigid, hardcore guild. We are just looking to have fun and rain destruction on any who oppose us. If you are looking for the hardcore stuff we wish you success in other guilds.
    The focus for guild recruitment will be quality over quantity.
    Last but not least, we would like to represent the largest single concentration of Drow Elves on our respective server while having fun doing it. Invoking fear and awe in our enemies will be an added bonus.

If you are interested in joining, please login and fill out an application. We look forward to you joining us and forging a new future for the Drow in Neverwinter. http://housethaurfea.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=470632&TabID=4060217
  • trelaneofgtothostrelaneofgtothos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We will be recruiting over the March 8-10 Beta Weekend. Send a tell to Daedagor or Finist for more info. See you in game.
  • drowessdrowess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Who is your guild going to be aligned with?

I plan on having some characters follow Lolth and others Eilistraee. So I'll be joining two different drow guilds or one unaligned drow guild (if that is possible).
  • dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm guessing because we are exiled and because how much of a villain Lolth always is that that eventually killing her will be a raid. ZZ has built up our Lore to allow us to kill the Queen of Spiders. ZZ is aligned all chaotic and true neutral as the followers of Zinzerena are. If there were an attack on the under dark in the game, mainly the ability to kill Lolth I would pick Lolths daughter Eilistraee. You would not have to kill her in game most likely because she is good. Our guild would ally ourselves with her followers as well. Just my opinion about who to pick out of the two. Cryptic made a point to have the setting be when Lolth was alone as the only god in the Demonweb pits, to me that just screams high level raid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • drowessdrowess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm guessing because we are exiled and because how much of a villain Lolth always is that that eventually killing her will be a raid. ZZ has built up our Lore to allow us to kill the Queen of Spiders. ZZ is aligned all chaotic and true neutral as the followers of Zinzerena are. If there were an attack on the under dark in the game, mainly the ability to kill Lolth I would pick Lolths daughter Eilistraee. You would not have to kill her in game most likely because she is good. Our guild would ally ourselves with her followers as well. Just my opinion about who to pick out of the two. Cryptic made a point to have the setting be when Lolth was alone as the only god in the Demonweb pits, to me that just screams high level raid.

Edit: Think I misunderstood the post, and realize that after reading your last post in your guild thread. So Never mind.

Anyway I will contact some drow guild leader(s) this weekend. It would be nice to test the waters.
  • dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am not trying to recruit or take anything away, this looks like it could be a great guild. Just commenting on my thoughts about Lolth in this game. It would be strange to RP your love of Lolth then have to go kill her to get good loot. DDO let's you kill her and you can play a Drow, I would not be surprised if you can do the same thing here. Although it would be cool to RP starting out as supporters of Lolth then discover you have to kill her to stop her corruption.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
    edited March 2013
    I would like to touch on several points. Obviously this game is geared to promote "Heroes", reinforced by the fact that we cannot, at least for the time being, select any evil aligned deities. Role playing evil characters in this type of environment will need to be tactfully navigated, along with how to structure an evilly aligned guild. If you check out www.housethaurfea.guildportal.com, you can read up on the guild and how we try to address this. Essentially we will accept Drow that fall between all points on the moral compass, but the ultimate disposition of the guild will be geared towards a Neutral Evil mindset. How players choose to RP in that environment will ultimately be up to them. Drow society is changing. Drow on the surface will need to adapt not only to survive, but to advance their own goals. A Drow priestess that one day finds herself on a mission to slay Lolth? Stranger things have happened.

<House Thaur'Fea> was put into motion before it was clarified that vanilla Drow will not be available to the public until launch +60. While this is a disapointment, we felt strongly that we wanted to continue to move forward and maintain the racial integrity of the guild. The beginnings of this guild go back to when we played the original AD&D module "Against the Giants" in 1984. We figure if we have waited that long we can wait a little longer.

Understanding that members are going to be invested in playing other characters at launch, we will be allying ourselves with a mercenary guild called <Freeriders Mercenary Company>. This will enable some players to roll non Drow mains or alts while still keeping the core community together. Anyway, if you have any questions feel free to check out the website and drop us a line on the forums.

Thanks
    edited March 2013
    I don't know when, but they do plan on adding evil deities. I just hope Lolth is among them. It is mentioned in this podcast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiT_nNVcGDQ I think it is after the 30 minute mark and before the 1 hour mark, but it has been a while since I listened. It is a little late to try your guild this weekend, but I do plan on having a follower of Lolth still, and she will need a home.

And sorry, I had missed the link on your guild page with the guild description. I thought the little short blurb was the description originally.
    edited March 2013
    The Freeriders Mercenary Company is the sister guild of House Thaur'Fea. House Thaur'Fea, an all Drow guild, was put into motion before it was clarified that vanilla Drow will not be available to the public until launch +60. While this is a disappointment, we felt strongly that we wanted to continue to move forward and maintain the racial integrity of the guild.

Understanding that members are going to be invested in playing other characters at launch, we will be allying ourselves with a mercenary guild called the Freeriders Mercenary Company. This will enable some players to roll non Drow mains or alts while still keeping the core community together.
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm planning to buy the Founders pack so I can start with a Drow right from the start. I'll bookmark your guild webpage, since I'm not quite sure yet on where should I put my character.

She's currently a Renegade, Unaligned. I highly doubt that she would be interested in serving a zealous house - however, if you take a more neutral approach (like a merchants house), I'd might consider it.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
    edited March 2013
    If I could find the link I would post it but they will have evil gods at launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
    edited March 2013
    Having the option to select evil deities is great news. Otherwise the game would have seemed a little hollow.

As far as House Thuar'Fea goes, we offer a safe haven to all Drow that have made their way to the surface. We will engage in trading, of both legal and illegal merchandise. We will offer mercenary support, without any crisis of conscience. We will supply weapons to any that can meet our price. If you are with us, you never have to worry about being against us.
  • o7deadlysinso7deadlysins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2013
    Are you alright with accepting alts? My main is going to be my elf cleric, but I plan to make a great weapon fighter drow.
    edited March 2013
    Alts are welcome. Login at www.housethaurfea.guildportal.com.