test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greetings to you all

govanatorukgovanatoruk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hail and well met!

Well it suddenly occurred to me as I was going through all these introduction threads that I hadn't done a proper one myself. I am an avid MMO enthusiast who started on my journey through tabletop games like the original Dungeons & Dragons in the late 1980s and The World of Darkness games in the 1990s. With the advent of MUDs, and chat-room RP such as AoLs infamous “Red Dragon Inn” and their early attempts at a Neverwinter Nights online game, I started making my forays into the digital world. Previously any gaming I had done on consoles or computers had been of the traditional fare that was available at the time. When I am not gaming, I am a Canadian-American husband & father living in the UK. So therefore three of the five languages I attempt to speak are English (and I even fail at those some of the time) an I hate myself (j/k).

When I had my first taste of Ultima Online, I was instantly hooked, as much by the possibilities, as by the creativity it took to bring such a game to life. It was shortly thereafter that my MMO career, if you like, truly started. The first game I tested was Everquest and hot on its heels was Asheron’s Call. Between the two, I preferred the latter. It’s unique approach to MMO environment mechanics, and the level with which Turbine interacted with their customers made me want to be as involved as possible in this great game. I helped pioneer their volunteer GM program and quickly rose through the ranks to hold a top position before ultimately leaving after two years. Additionally I have tested (as well as played) most AAA MMOs on the market today, some of which include Asheron’s Call, Star Wars Galaxies, EVE Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, Vanguard, Lineage 2, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Age of Conan, Lord of the Rings Online, Fallen Earth, Star Trek Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Planetside 2, The Secret World, and of course Neverwinter which I am eagerly anticipating.

Through testing, I've had the honour of launching the Neverwinter Knights, which was meant to only be a testers guild, but has now taken on a life of its own and will now be founded when the game goes live. Thanks to the dedication, heart and spirit of the amazing people at its core, I already have the start of a family within this game before it even truly gets started. I look forward to adventuring with many of you in the days, weeks months and hopefully years to come. This is our Neverwinter, let's make it the best it can be!

Regards,

Gov
Post edited by govanatoruk on

Comments

• paxallpaxall Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well Met :)
  • kwsapphirekwsapphire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Welcome! I think it's great that NW is bringing in such a great mix of people: avid MMO players, new gamers, people who have loved D&D for years, people who never heard of it. So cool!

City of Heroes was my first MMO; I started playing in May 2004. Before that I had been an avid "offline" gamer, with games like the Civilization series, the Baldur's Gate series (PC and PS2), and more. It all started in about 1989 when my parents moved us to a brand new neighborhood that had zero other residents (let alone kids). My SNES became my best friend, and I still have it, in mint condition. (And I'm wearing my "I <3 Yoshi" shirt today, how appropriate!)
    qtPt2I
  • d3per93d3per93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well met traveller
  • xbattleheartxxbattleheartx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited March 2013
    Welcome to NW, look forward to seeing ya in-game!
    Into the Heart of Battle I go - blade sharp and purpose clear...
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey oh....
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • govanatorukgovanatoruk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcome folks :)
  • balasta1balasta1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ... . .
  • dwellerofvault13dwellerofvault13 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Welcome Govanatoruk! Your spirit and enthusiasm for not only your family, the new guild, and MMORPGs is greatly appreciated. May this game be your home for quite a long time.
    2778.png
    War... War never changes.