test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New information gleamed from the Press Event yesterday

zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Link is here: http://www.twitch.tv/lorehound/b/379821497 if anyone wants to watch the replay on twitch, Zeke was an information bomb in it.

Average leveling from 1-cap is approximately 60 hours.

Not being able to roll on Chest items while in a group is a bug.

You can level to cap through PvP but probably not as fast as through PvE.

There is no specific PvP stat (ala Expertise) but instead the gear is tuned to be more PvP orientated. (Take this as speculation but I would assume this means more health and less defensive stats but I could be wrong)

Control Wizard animation was changed.

Zones are not as rigidly defined by levels, but you will get an on-screen message saying your to low level for this zone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Character is what a man is in the dark
Post edited by zylaxx on

Comments

• Options
    sendriensendrien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fantastic info here, thanks!
    The world is not beautiful; therefore, it is.
  • Options
    ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ^ what he said. Good stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Very nice! Thanks :)

Lol, quite the healer. Almost never used Healing Word at all. Just uses Sunburst then keeps wondering why he ends up getting aggro from all the little adds :p

The girl should have been giving him some pointers. Sounds like she knows the class very well
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No specific pvp stat sounds cool I Think if true. :)
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Control Wizard animation was changed.
    YAY! No more broken-and-splinted fingers! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the kind words guys! We'll be working on getting more stuff out as the week progresses! :)
    nikadaemus wrote: »
    Very nice! Thanks

Lol, quite the healer. Almost never used Healing Word at all. Just uses Sunburst then keeps wondering why he ends up getting aggro from all the little adds :p

The girl should have been giving him some pointers. Sounds like she knows the class very well

Just a bit. I think at this point I've played around 8 clerics across the weekends. The timing on these weekends has been absolutely fabulous in terms of my schedule so I've been able to play lengthy marathons during them. :)

But I was trying hard not to die myself. We switched out this time - I normally play the healer and Itz the dps - and I was playing the great weapons fighter and sucking horribly at it. I gave him a few tips early on, then was having my hands full trying to figure out how to play a damage dealer while focusing mainly on talking to Zeke as that's why we were there.

Who was loads of fun. If you're reading this Zeke, thanks again for the absolute blast of time! Hopefully I'll get another chance to talk to you sometime!

I'll be popping up a little bit about the GWF at some point, hopefully later today. It has an absolutely different feel than the rogue does. The rogue feels like a precision scalpel with fine control to the GWF's assault cannon. You just sort of turn the GWF and fire and hope you've aimed correctly because the force of his attacks are just going to go forward and there's very little you can do about it.

But that spinny attack is totally awesome. :)
  • Options
    nikadaemusnikadaemus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    It certainly takes time to get used to. Difficult when you never leveled the character up and have all these new skills. Was fun to watch and informative. Zeke definitely seems like a good guy :)
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Ya I wanted to see more of you playing the GWF. Don't know why zeke didn't play a GWF. You guys gotta know that most of the people here want to see the GWF because it is new and none of us has played it yet.
  • Options
    krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Not zeke. I meant the guy doing the live feed. Zeke must have been the cryptic guy.
  • Options
    realellandessrealellandess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the kind words guys! We'll be working on getting more stuff out as the week progresses! :)
    ...But that spinny attack is totally awesome. :)

I'm assuming pherephatta that you were the GWF in the Lorehound stream? If so, you should get onto twitch.tv and look at Jasmine's (from Massively) stream of the same event. Her last pvp fight was against Zeke and the Lorehound team and shows it from the other perspective.

It's rather humorous that during your stream, you said something like you were 'in awe of their team strategy' then if you go and watch the same fight from Jasmine's perspective, the strategy was one of mass panic :)
    Computer: Black, pretty lights || Overclock: Photo of kids. || Memory: Not what it used to be. || Storage: Garage and shed. || Video: No, moved to DVD. || Windows: 100% glass.
    Never understood why people put specs in a signature...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, that GWF was me.

That sounds amusing - I'll have to look up that twitch, thanks for the heads up! I totally felt like we were being manhandled, it'll be interesting to watch the other side. :)

I wonder if there's shots of how often I jumped with my charge attacks - and completely missed. XD
  • Options
    theevildrftheevildrf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i cried a little when he left the lion seal on the ground after the pit fiend. multiple capped chars, pheraphatta is my new hero.
    The Evil Dr. F
    Beta Junkie
    grimrod614 wrote: »
    Never leave home without a cleric !
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    theevildrf wrote: »
    i cried a little when he left the lion seal on the ground after the pit fiend. multiple capped chars, pheraphatta is my new hero.
    Yup, I was screaming at my monitor.....USE F to pick up that double lion seal drop. LOL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Its just me but this looks better than Elder Scroll Online.
  • Options
    desmundesmun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited March 2013
    Looks much better!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    theevildrf wrote: »

:blush::

:)
  • Options
    dkfdevildkfdevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm assuming pherephatta that you were the GWF in the Lorehound stream? If so, you should get onto twitch.tv and look at Jasmine's (from Massively) stream of the same event. Her last pvp fight was against Zeke and the Lorehound team and shows it from the other perspective.

It's rather humorous that during your stream, you said something like you were 'in awe of their team strategy' then if you go and watch the same fight from Jasmine's perspective, the strategy was one of mass panic :)

Could you point out the link to Jasmine's stream ? of the same event
    PW Games currently playing: Neverwinter, Raiderz, Black Light Retribution
    PW Games played: Startrek Online, War of the Immortals, Forsaken World, Battle of the immortals
    PW Games i didnt try: TorchLight 2, JadeDynasty, Rusty Hearths, Ether Saga Odyssey, PW1
  • Options
    dkfdevildkfdevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nevermind already found it ;)

http://nl.twitch.tv/massivelytv/b/379810401
    PW Games currently playing: Neverwinter, Raiderz, Black Light Retribution
    PW Games played: Startrek Online, War of the Immortals, Forsaken World, Battle of the immortals
    PW Games i didnt try: TorchLight 2, JadeDynasty, Rusty Hearths, Ether Saga Odyssey, PW1
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Its just me but this looks better than Elder Scroll Online.

I intend to play both but seeing as ESO doesn't come out till at least the end of this year I am going to have a solid half-a-year to keep NWO as my main game. I like both games for different reasons. NWO for its lore, story, ease of pick up and play and most importantly its neverending content thanks to the Foundry. For ESO I like it because it is going to have deep meaningful character progression that I yearn for (as a placeholder for my Character Progression I havnt seen since Asherons Call) and the off rails exploration centric gameplay. 2 totally different styles of gameplay and I look forward to both. Plus I get the added benefit of having a long time for GW2 to mature without me because that is another MMO I still enjoy but can hardly play since I have exhausted all known PvE profgression. For what its worth my Future in MMO's is looking pretty damned bright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    I intend to play both but seeing as ESO doesn't come out till at least the end of this year I am going to have a solid half-a-year to keep NWO as my main game. I like both games for different reasons. NWO for its lore, story, ease of pick up and play and most importantly its neverending content thanks to the Foundry. For ESO I like it because it is going to have deep meaningful character progression that I yearn for (as a placeholder for my Character Progression I havnt seen since Asherons Call) and the off rails exploration centric gameplay. 2 totally different styles of gameplay and I look forward to both. Plus I get the added benefit of having a long time for GW2 to mature without me because that is another MMO I still enjoy but can hardly play since I have exhausted all known PvE profgression. For what its worth my Future in MMO's is looking pretty damned bright.

Me too. I just hope Neverwinter MMO is casual enough. This game aint worth the grin, but I'd love to play casually... Sadly if progression puts me away from this.

I actually think ESO is gonna come with Steambox during Holiday season. At least Im surprised if Steambox doesnt have ESO, like its the best game of the 2013.