test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

problem downloading via downloader..

ellisvdiwaellisvdiwa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm having a problem downloading the game via downloader, the downloader is running for about 10 mins and nothing progressed
, til now.. i have deleted my cookies, redeemed my beta key, everything.. but still 0%..any ideas? :)
Post edited by ellisvdiwa on

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Use the torrent file. It works better.
  • zephyrflowzephyrflow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yep did that, my problem now is i always get an account error upon logging in, i know its the beta weekend thing...do i need to wait for a confirmation via email?

P.S. didnt know that my friend's account is logged in BTW..
  • ellisvdiwaellisvdiwa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yep did that, my problem now is i always get an account error upon logging in, i know its the beta weekend thing...do i need to wait for a confirmation via email?
    edited March 2013
    ellisvdiwa wrote: »

Once beta weekend 3 starts, you should not get this error. It means that server is not up. Beta weekend starts on March 22. So logging now and getting that error is WAI.
  • ellisvdiwaellisvdiwa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Once beta weekend 3 starts, you should not get this error. It means that server is not up. Beta weekend starts on March 22. So logging now and getting that error is WAI.

awww men! I've been waiting for this moment! And all I have to do now is to still wait! D: ....
    but anyway thank you for your help Gillrmn! :)
  • chrisblack84chrisblack84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »

My account lets me log in to patch (launcher only), but a friend can't even get to the patching stage because of the same error.
    It seems there are some authentication issues, it has allowed some to update early, others not.
    edited March 2013
    My account lets me log in to patch (launcher only), but a friend can't even get to the patching stage because of the same error.
    It seems there are some authentication issues, it has allowed some to update early, others not.
    Source:
    https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4192
  • chrisblack84chrisblack84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think they've incorrectly pointed toward the wrong error, this is regarding patch servers, not game servers.
    The patch servers are up; as I've been patching every day for the last 3 days. His account won't and it's not a local machine issue and he's tried it on mine.

But like I said, it'll probably clear up on the weeked, it just means he'll have to grab a gig or so on live.
  • fafaleouffafaleouf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    what's up with the download technologies from the 80's ? Direct download is not functionning and who is using torrent in 2013 ? seriously.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Yes, the log into the launcher initiates the patching process. Once that is done the client loads and you (should) be denied to play at that point.

If he cannot log into the launcher, its something to do with his PW credentials. I don't think you even need to have beta key applied to it. Have him create a new dummy account and try it (wait 30 mins maybe for delay). Otherwise he could borrow credentials to patch then u can reset lol. At least have him with a patched client for tomorrow