test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I can not play

lunariannlunariann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Launcher crashes after I press Login button >.<
I tried 3 times re-installing the game and changin the directory.
but never work

any help?

or does this red mark on server status means server is off right now?
so thats why Im getting crashed?
Post edited by lunariann on

Comments

• Options
    nordicspecialnordicspecial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's not a beta weekend, and the game has no launched yet. so you won't be able to play for a couple weeks.
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The server is not open right now. If you have beta access, the next round of beta starts March 22.
  • Options
    lunariannlunariann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    aha I see! thank you for response!
  • Options
    taalxtaalx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not 100% sure that it is because of the server being down. I was in last weekend's beta and the exact same thing was happening to me while the servers were definitely up and running (I installed the game on my laptop and could play with no trouble). It crashes the instant 'log in' is pressed, before it even checks whether the username/password is correct (I checked by leaving both empty). I'm up to date with all drivers etc. My system is way beyond the minimum and recommended specs for the game.

If anyone has had and solved this issue I'd love to hear what you did.

Thanks.
  • Options
    sjirosjiro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 124 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Even with the servers down, you should not be crashing when you attempt to log in.

Make sure Teamviewer is closed and any voice overlay's you have, that interact with the game window, are disabled before attempting to log in. I had the same problem originally and Teamviewer was the culprit. Just right click on the icon in your taskbar and select, 'Exit Teamviewer'.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the advice Sjiro. I don't appear to have Teamviewer running at the moment (or installed for that matter) so that may not be the issue, but I will start shutting things down and see if any of the background tasks are interfering with the client.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Okay...it appears that there is an issue with some background tasks. I went through a bunch and shut them down one at a time and tried to log in. After I shut down Display Fusion (I use it to modify the behaviour of my two monitors) the insta-crash problem went away.

So, if you are having this problem, check what's running in the back ground first.