test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Great Weapon Fighter Info

tdudefacetdudeface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I'd like to compile what people know about the GWF just for kicks. I only know a little bit from researching and watching videos. Hopefully some folks can toss in some facts to help out.

- Role: Damage Dealer and Secondary Defender (http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=799381)
- Has slow attacks with decent reach similar to Cleave for the Guardian
- Uses the dodge meter to "Sprint" meaning it can move in a direction quickly while draining the bar (different from dodging in that the distance is adjustable)
- Has several AE encounter powers, including some that knockback or knockdown. I also saw the same visual for taunting as the Guardian, although less frequently, unsure of specifics
- Builds "Determination" in order to use class skill "Unstoppable" but I don't know what the mechanics are for that

Questions:
What does Unstoppable do?
What types of heroic feats do they get? (Such as "Action Advantage" for Rogue, what builds up the GWF Action Points more quickly?)

Anyone have things to add or other questions?
Post edited by tdudeface on

Comments

• bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Going off the name I'd have to guess that you do increased damage while taking reduced damage.
  • lurkersxlurkersx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So after watching the video for this class, especially seeing the whirlwind ability I see this being the most popular class. Typically this kind of role is over played in mmos though. It does look like a very powerful class, I just hope they make it balanced, many games have problems with the "warrior" type being balanced between survivability and damage.

Even though I plan on going tank or cleric that class looks like it will be nice to have in parties.
  • nycteris1523nycteris1523 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    At what point can you be Gwf is it something different from the tank class we had in last beta or is it a paragon of that class...i didnt play warrior much got one 10 ...i hate tanking style the dps seemed lackluster.....compared to my rogue i got to 40. Could someone help explain it.
  • tdudefacetdudeface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    At what point can you be Gwf is it something different from the tank class we had in last beta or is it a paragon of that class...i didnt play warrior much got one 10 ...i hate tanking style the dps seemed lackluster.....compared to my rogue i got to 40. Could someone help explain it.

It's an entirely separate class from the Guardian Fighter. The Great Weapon Fighter has not been accessible in the beta weekends yet.
  • daznwdaznw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i found a nice video of the great weapon fighter from PW europe. The video is in french but you have around 1h20mins of the GWF gameplay. have fun http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTyCyB9JViY be aware the video is in french so you wont understand them but the game is still in english so still a nice look of the class !!
  • kgl7kgl7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    One thing I find strange is the lack of a "Spinning Strike" daily within the core rulebook of 4th Edition. Does anyone have a reference to the fighter book to see if there does in fact exist such a daily power?
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    Well I found on the net Whirlwind spin attack powers for Barbarians so I guess there is something for fighters....
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Level 27 encounter power: Cruel Reaper
    PBAoE Burst 1: 2[W]+str per target and you may shift 10 feet before making a secondary attack
    PBAoE Burst 1: 2[W]+str per target.

Level 23 encounter power: Warrior's Urging
    PBAoE Burst 4: All targets must shift up to 3 squares to move adjacent to you before you make the secondary attack.
    PBAoE Burst 1: 2[W]+str per target.

Level 19 daily power: Devastation's Wake
    PBAoE Burst 1: 3 [W]+str per target and subjects that move next to you or end their turn next to you are subject to a secondary attack.
    PBAoE Burst 1: 1[W]+str per target
    Half damage on a miss.

Level 17 encounter power: Vorpal Tornado
    PVAoE Burst 1: 1 [W]+Str per target and push the target 1 square, knocking them prone.

Level 9 Daily power: Thicket of Blades
    PBAoE Burst 1: 3 [W]+str per target and the target is slowed.

Level 7 encounter power: Com and Get It
    PBAoE Burst 3: All targets must shift 2 squares to end their movement adjacent to you. Then are targeted by the secondary attack.
    PBAoE Burst 1: [2W]+str per target and the target takes a -2 AC penalty for 1 turn.

Level 3 encounter power: Sweeping Blow
    PBAoE Burst 1: 1[W]+str

All of these are from the PHB1.

Many of the powers in Neverwinter are not direct ports from the 4e game, but rather adaptations or wholly new powers with the same or a similar purpose.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • bjac9bjac9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 88
    edited March 2013
    From the looks of it, the main attribute is strength and secondary stats are constitution and dexterity, which is pretty straightforward.
  • zikel666zikel666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will certainly be interesting to see how GWF pans out this beta weekend.
  • foundermeo1foundermeo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Kinda sounds like a barbarian rages and all that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!!