test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion gets stuck, bouncing like madman during missions

kaderaprimekaderaprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
On several separate occasions, my companion -- a man-at-arms -- would suddenly go berserk and start bouncing around a given room, like he was desperate to get at some mob or monster, and refuse to follow me. During one, when Linkletter was with us, he also bounced all over.

On top of him (and Linkletter when I had him) failing to follow me, I was also stuck in combat mode, meaning I could not do anything. Couldn't open doors, for example.

The only solution was to log out and back in again. After that, he seemed sane again.

(BTW, the non-launcher character selection screen login doesn't retain my credentials at all and fills the username with nonsense characters. There really should be simply a "go to character select" function and not make me log in again every time I want to change characters. This just encourages people not to use super long & secure passwords.)
"And don't ride in anything with a Capissen-38 engine, they fall right out of the sky."
- Kaywinnet Lee Frye
Post edited by kaderaprime on

Comments

• llelowyn13llelowyn13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I found I had to do the same thing. When I logged back in, had to fight same mobs again too. as if they never died.
    "A True Friend Stabs You in the Front."
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Look at what the Great Weapon Fighter can do, he's so OP!"
    ~Andy Velasquez~
  • thrynsystthrynsyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Had that happen to *me* a time or two as well. Not sure what was causing it, seemed like the NPC's were trying to get to a mob they were unable to access...
  • surmadsurmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I had this issue also in sewers. There was i mob under the floors metal plates and i could not open the door because i was stuck in combat. I tried to log off and log back in but it was still an issue. Suddenly mob bounced up and i could kill it and go forward. I had similar issue on plague tower boss room in first beta. Mob was inside the wall, but log off helped in that case.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    does this only happen with the fighter companion?? If so it would help narrow down the issue, my guess is when creating packs of mobs they are still detecting an intentional monster pulled from the encounter pack and put out of reach, this is only a theory though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • quickthornquickthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder if this is all happening in the same area, as I experienced this in the sewers when both the companion and Linkletter were following me. There was a grating on the floor where they were bouncing upwards. There was a lever nearby and I was unable to use it initially (as if the game assumed I was in combat) but after a while I managed to get through. I can't remember the exact name of the quest now, but I reported it as a bug at the time.

My companion was a cleric, by the way. So it doesn't just occur with a fighter companion.
  • toddmurtoddmur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Had the exact same problem just now with my companion and Linklatter in the Sewers on Spellblast(?). The area where there are two gate switches in close proximity (but different rooms). Companion jumping up and down like crazy, Linklatter just stands there, neither switch works.