test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is it just me? or....

doug200463doug200463 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Does the music in this game sound very much like Star Trek Online's Music? It really needs to be changed in my opinion.. i had to turn it off it was so annoying...
Clerics need a BUFF! Not a Nerf! Or create another healing class thats able to heal a group well...
Post edited by doug200463 on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    They both use the same composer and composers tend to have "trademarks" which give them away. While they all strive to have their music stand out every artist has certain pitches and notes they like to use which makes music they made in a movie released yesterday remind you of music they made for a completely different movie thirty years ago.

One of the best composers of all time, John Williams, has composed more movies than some big named production companies have produced yet all of his works can be pinpointed even by somebody who doesn't truly know who John Williams is. Listen to this top ten and listen for similar sounds.

These Two Danny Elfman tracks are very similar: Spiderman, Batman Returns.

If you're watching a movie and have a nagging feeling the music is familiar or you get a flashing minds image of a different movie chances are it's the same composer. Likely John Williams, Hans Zimmer, or Danny Elfman this day in age.
  • Options
    ravenhawk1ravenhawk1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually the music was one of the things I loved about Neverwinter and wasn't so impresed with in STO. So just goes to show that personal taste comes into play with most things. I would be saddened if they changed the music and would love to pick up the soundtrack if possible.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I think the OP was just a bit scared like i was that the music would become a single song replayed over and over for every zone combat situation.

That's what I'm dealing with in STO right now, it's all that same TOS klingon battle opera.

I do hope they have more variety in this game when in a battle status.
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Count me in as someone who loved both the music and ambient sound of Neverwinter! I was really impressed with both! Great job out there for the sound and music crew!
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    doug200463doug200463 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »
    Count me in as someone who loved both the music and ambient sound of Neverwinter! I was really impressed with both! Great job out there for the sound and music crew!

I loved the ambient sound, once the music was off i noticed it alot more... im not really trying to be a troll, I love both STO and Neverwinter. Im not saying the music sucked.. but some of it sounded like bad action movie music :) being a long time player of STO, When i play Neverwinter.. i see Fantasy game, and hear Futuristic(sp) music, and it totally blows my immersion.. i guess to me its too much like STO.. some of it sounded electronically produced, than music made with real instruments, maybe even the kind of Instrument/music you would have seen/heard in the world we play in. But I did turn it off about 3 hours in.. ill have to leave it on and see what i may be missing!

An example, When i entered a combat zone,(cant remember wich) the music was fast and exciting, edge of your seat stuff.. but when i stepped into a quest hub in that same zone, the same combat style music played... the music should slow, go to a more mellow, relaxing state of mind, type stuff.. after all music is used to set a mood, when im in a "rest" zone.. the music should put me in a calm mood.. not keep me excited.

But then again, this is just my input.. and my opinion.
    Clerics need a BUFF! Not a Nerf! Or create another healing class thats able to heal a group well...
  • Options
    kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You guys had music? I didn't hear any until I got to Helm's Hold and only sporadically at best. O_O
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    kinsaeda wrote: »
    You guys had music? I didn't hear any until I got to Helm's Hold and only sporadically at best. O_O

You should hear it as soon as you enter Protector's Enclave. It is a bit of a punch in your gut instead of mellow but it was a great tone setter for the rest of the game.

*Whistles* Dun Dun, doo dadoo doo, Do da do da doo dee do dooo
    Oooh I found a video with the music.