test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How did you play your Cleric?

zeruinzeruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Temple
I'm curious how you guys decided to play your Cleric this past weekend? Did you go for Support, Offense, or perhaps Hybrid?

More specifically, what Encounters and Daily did you decide to use the majority of the time?
Post edited by zeruin on

Comments

• zethix123zethix123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    This is really dependent on if i am soling or partying. but for the most part the offensive and supportive use the same stats and attributes. So it just as easy as switching your skill choices around. I dont remember the names of the encounters or skills lol
  • chelviechelvie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Spammed Heals like crazy trying to make sure people didn't die.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Run. Pew-pew. Run some more. Heal-spamming. Run some more. More pew-pew. :)
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Lined my pull up used spear of righteousness to kill all their doods. Chained the. Sealed them. Lanced them. Usually they'd be dead.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Find a nice tight group of 5. Drop a Divine inspired Daunting Light. Target the one that is left standing (if there is a commander) and proceed to Forgemaster's Fire -> Sacred Flame.

There is 'Chains of Light' to throw into the mix, but I kept Holy Word as my 3rd Encounter.

AoE farming was fun. Found a ton of scrolls etc from killing so many so fast.
    My stupid Wizard companion certainly made it fun to try and get tightly packed mobs though :/
    Think I'm getting an Ioun stone lol.

Anyone have data on the Paragon Encounter powers? RL got in the way and I never nabbed any
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    chelvie wrote: »
    Spammed Heals like crazy trying to make sure people didn't die.

How did that really turn out?

I'd love to tell you how mine played out, but I would also like to use the skill names, I can't recall them but I also can't find any page that lists them out. If I seen them then I could explain.

Bottom line the Cleric is effective, at least <25 barely a healer.
  • l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • fursnakefursnake Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited March 2013
  • prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For soloing, I used:
    At will: Lance of Faith, Astral Seal
    Encounter: Daunting Light, Sun Burst, Searing Light
    Daily: Guardian of Faith, Flame Strike

In a group:
    At will: Sacred Flame, Astral Seal
    Encounter: Daunting Light, Sun Burst, Searing Light/Healing Word
    Daily: Hallowed Ground, Flame Strike

At wills:
    Sacred Flame is great when people are there to pick up the temp HPs, but since it does less damage than Lance, I don't use it when I'm soloing.
    Astral Seal is just always awesome. Keep it up on as many targets as possible.

Encounters:
    Sun Burst: large AOE that heals. Great in a group because it hits multiple people, great when solo because mobs will be around you.
    Daunting Light: Hits like a truck but is a pain to land on moving targets. Use it with divinity for a larger area instant hit. In a group, or with any tank really, you can use it much more freely.
    Searing Light: I just really like the visuals on this one. Feels bad ***.
    Healing Word: I generally didn't bother with this because it's hard to target the people who need it when they need it. Astral Seal and Sacred Flame do most of the work keeping people healthy anyhow.
    Chains of Light: This ability is decent, but the ground targeting system kinda blows. And since the chains break on damage, it doesn't hold things for very long in a group. This is probably just a preference thing. Use it instead of Searing Light if you want.

Dailies:
    Guardian of Faith: Big hit and a prone. The heal is meh.
    Hallowed Ground: HUGE AoE and lasts a long time. Great for boss rooms.
    Flame Strike: AoE damage plus a knockback. Fun ability.
  • bardbarianbardbarian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I mostly solo'd with my cleric, so dropped a seal and then damage, damage, damage! Maybe renew the seal and then more damage, damage, damage. Followed by selling a lot of healing potions...
  • horrorscope666horrorscope666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 415 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    First thanks for the links to powers. Here is what I found fun:

LMB - Put Astral Seal there, it does ~85% damage of Lance, but you get an indirect heal for everyone who hits your target with the yellow astral symbol on it.

RMB - Made that the Shift Key for Dodging. RMB Down + Move Keys = Dodge. I likey.

Special Power -Divinity Channeling (Most Awesome power, takes 9 hits to get a charge, max 3 charges. If you can get some feat that allows less hits to charge it up, run don't walk to it!)

Power Bar: Mapped them to 1-5
    1 - Sun Burst - A circular AOE attack and Heal

2 - Daunting Light - Small Focused High Damage AOE Attack

3 - Searing Light - Straight Line Attack, will pierce through anything and hit all enemies inline. Situational.

4 - ??? Was still waiting for something really worthy here. Got to level 25, I'm sure something else will pop in here eventually.

5 - Sacred Flame - Second At-Will remapped here. Single enemy attack with a secondary AOE heal. Haven't got Brand of Sun to try yet.

Daily Power:

Hallowed Ground - I never fell in love with one over another. I decided on this one, because overall DPS on a one hitter wasn't that important in the grand scheme. So buffing everyone's Offense and Defense seemed better. Jury still out.

All the powers 1-5 benefit hugely with Divinity charged up and toggled on. Use it!

How I play:

1.Open with Astral Seal (Get the Yellow Symbol of heal on the target, everyone now receiving heals.)

2.Go right to Sacred Flame. Spam that. (I'm building up Divinity Charges. In addition this does small AOE heals to the group.)

3.Once I have a Divinity charge I access the situation:

A. If there is a large group around me. I go Divinity + Sun Burst. I get Extra Damage, Extra AOE Heal and a group knock-back that the non-Divinity version doesn't have. Win, win and win.

B. If there is a group tightly together I use Divinity + Daunting Light. This is my big hitter. With Divinity the AOE circle is bigger, does more damage and fires faster. Win, win and win.

C. Is everything lining up in a line? If so I use Divinity + Searing Light or just Searing Light. With Divinity you get more damage in general plus it arc's out from the straight line hitting even more baddies.

D. If none of the above, I'm tagging Astral Seal on other baddies (damage/indirect heals) or spamming Sacred Flame (damage/indirect heals). Building up to 3 charges of Divinity.

4.If I'm in a real battle and someone is taking big damage, I kick in Divinity + Toggled At-Will Power Soothing Light and hold it down and drain all Divinity. (Best direct Heal I've found up to level 25. At full divinity charge this will heal for about 2/3's of their health bar)

5. Drop a Daily Power on Boss type enemies when it makes sense.

-I prefer all powers enhanced with Divinity, less At Will Sacred Flame. The enhanced powers pretty much equals more damage and more healing, plus an additional benefit, what's not to like?

Rinse and Repeat.

Look forward to powers I haven't obtained yet.
  • chelviechelvie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How did that really turn out?

I'd love to tell you how mine played out, but I would also like to use the skill names, I can't recall them but I also can't find any page that lists them out. If I seen them then I could explain.

Bottom line the Cleric is effective, at least <25 barely a healer.

Turned out fine, but I'm really interested in the cast speed clerics. I'm going to reroll and try the suggested minimum wisdom cleric listed on these forums.