test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Founders pets and mounts value

krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
If you get the Hero pack, you get a epic armored spider mount worth 4000 zen per mount, per character and you start with 5 character slots total. So the value from this is 20000 zen or $200.

You also get a epic panther companion worth about 2500-3500 zen. I will say it is worth 3000 zen for calculations. That is PER character you make. Hero pack gives you 5 character slots total so that is 15000 zen or $150.

Added together, you get 35000 zen worth of companions and mounts for the hero pack. That is $350.

If you get the guardian pack, you get a epic armored horse valued at 4000 zen per mount, per character and you start with 3 characters total. Three times 4000 is 12000 total or $120.

Guardian pack also gets a epic dire wolf companion PER character. You have 3 character slots total and the dire wolf is worth about 2500-3500 zen. We will say 3000 zen for dire wolf. That is 9000 total or $90.

You get a total of $210 or 21000 zen worth of companions and mounts.

Add up all the other goodies you get from the founder packs and you should be able to see the great value of them. That is why I have both. :P The more characters you have, increases the value of the packs. And I expect this game to have lots of classes to play in the future so that = great value.
Post edited by krubar on

Comments

• krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I have spent so far on packs and zen for this game about $460. I get 6 character slots and two epic mounts per character for 8000 zen per character for a total of 48000 zen. I get two epic companions for 6 character slots, about 6000 zen for each character for a total of 36000 zen. I will have $200 worth of zen that I bought for a total of 20000 zen. Total value for me so far is 104000 zen or $1040.

If I bought two more character slots. Add 8000 zen per character for two characters, = 16000 zen for the mounts. Add 6000 zen per character for two characters, = 12000 zen for the companions I would get. Total 28000 zen or $280. Cost for two character slots I think someone said was 500 zen. So, 28000 zen - 500 zen = 27500 zen. That is what two character slots are worth if you own both guardian and hero packs. $275.

If you only have one pack. Add 4000 zen per character for two characters = 8000 zen for the mounts. Add 3000 zen per character for companions = 6000 zen. Total is 14000 or $140. Minus 500 zen for cost of character slots. Equals 13500 zen which is a value of $135.
  • krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Ok, some changes. I found out that when you buy a mount from the zen store it is account wide.

Each pack gets a mount for each character at 4000 zen. Hero packs have 5 character slots and get 1 free companion for each character valued I think at about 3000 zen each, so that is 15000 zen. Total of mounts and companions, the hero pack is worth 19000 zen or $190 for the companions and mounts.

Guardian pack gets 3 character slots. 1 free companion per character for 3000 zen each for a total of 9000 zen. Mounts and companions = 13000 zen or $130.

If you have both packs, you get two mounts per character for a total of 8000 zen. Two companions per character for a total of 6 character slots = 12 companions times 3000 zen = 36000 zen. Mounts and companions total = 44000 zen or $440. Nice deal.

If you buy two character slots for 500 zen and have either the guardian or the hero pack, you get one mount per character worth 4000 zen. You get one companion per character at 3000 zen each = 6000 zen. Total of 4000 zen for mount and 6000 for companions = 10000 zen - 500 zen for the slots = 9500 zen. Worth $95.

If you have both packs and get two character slots, you get two mounts per character for a total worth of 8000 zen. You get two companions per character for a total of 4 at 3000 each = 12000 zen. Mounts and companions together = 20000 zen minus 500 zen for the character slots = 19500 zen or $195.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There are better mounts and probably companions. Seen an Armored Howler yesterday and it has to be the best mount out there.
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    There are better mounts and probably companions. Seen an Armored Howler yesterday and it has to be the best mount out there.

Ya, basically. You can get as good "quality" mounts and companions in game, some better, just playing for free, as someone who spent real money on a special skin.
  • lysico67lysico67 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As a long time mmo'er if you are banking on pre-orders to have any real in game value, you will be very disappointed.
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    I want to point out what they PWE did with RaiderZ for a moment here... Remember when the founder pack was a limited time offer only? And then a couple weeks down the road, the people who thought they were so special, ended up watching others buy the exact same pack cheaper then what they had pre-ordered... Yeah... That's PWE for you... And I'd expect the exact same thing to happen, with Neverwinter as well. If it's one thing PWE is good at, it's making money, notice how they add in their own quests in games as well, to promote their cash shop? Such as going to speak to the cash shop mount trainer, and companion trainer? Yeah... PWE for you. I'm gonig to wait for release to blow some money on this game. More then likely, the same pack will come out for $50 in around a month or so, and all those people who thought they were so special, will simply be just people who spent more overall money for the same package.

Besides. If you think anything is unique in that package, think again. Everything you see in the package will be in the cash shop Guarantee'd. Even the supposed unique race. I wouldn't get so uppity, and feel all special about your $200 value just yet.
  • manzorianmanzorian Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    I want to point out what they PWE did with RaiderZ for a moment here... Remember when the founder pack was a limited time offer only? And then a couple weeks down the road, the people who thought they were so special, ended up watching others buy the exact same pack cheaper then what they had pre-ordered... Yeah... That's PWE for you... And I'd expect the exact same thing to happen, with Neverwinter as well. If it's one thing PWE is good at, it's making money, notice how they add in their own quests in games as well, to promote their cash shop? Such as going to speak to the cash shop mount trainer, and companion trainer? Yeah... PWE for you. I'm gonig to wait for release to blow some money on this game. More then likely, the same pack will come out for $50 in around a month or so, and all those people who thought they were so special, will simply be just people who spent more overall money for the same package.

Besides. If you think anything is unique in that package, think again. Everything you see in the package will be in the cash shop Guarantee'd. Even the supposed unique race. I wouldn't get so uppity, and feel all special about your $200 value just yet.

Well stated & exactly true of PWE games. People FORGET this game is a PWE game. They OWN Cryptic. It's all about the might $$$ for them. Seeing as the $200 Hero of the North pack doesn't come with a monthly stipend of Zen, it's not worth buying. All the items included will eventually be offered in the cash store. This is historically accurate & correct.
  • x3ladex3lade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Pretty much...

I bought the Heroes of the North Pack, but I'm not really interested in this stuff:
    1. Unique playable race (I plan on playing a Half Orc, so this doesn't matter)
    2. Armored Spider Mount (More interested in getting that Flaming Horse)
    3. Panther Companion (I like the Cleric Companions, need the heals)
    4. Gold Moonstone Mask (I don't RP)
    5. Founders Title (I'll most likely replace it with a cooler title)
    6. Moonstone Regular (I don't RP)
    7. Robe of Useless Items (Name says it all, useless)
    8. 3 Extra Character Slots (In all my MMO's, I only play 1 character from beginning to end)

Thing I'm interested in:
    1. VIP Access
    2. Founders Armor Aura
    3. Small Bag of Holding
    4. Dungeon Master Unlock
    5. Delzoun Treasure Box
    6. Adventurer's Helper Pack
    7. 1 Respec Token
    8. Greycloak's Legacy
    9. 750K Astral Diamonds
    10. and most importantly, the 5 days early access.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tru not really alt of reason to play alot of different toon's.Unless you like doing same quests over and over. Tho during this last beta I did try out 3 different classes just to see . But once the game launches I plan on playing 2 at most.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
    edited March 2013
    And when there are like ten classes to play and ten races, your gonna tell me you will never want to play more than two characters?
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    And when there are like ten classes to play and ten races, your gonna tell me you will never want to play more than two characters?

Well, for me only 3. Tank, DPS, Heal, everything else is a modification of that theme.
  • lorenzomaltalorenzomalta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »

During last beta i asked if the founders pack will be there after release and the a mod replied yes, now this game is nice but nice won't be enough and am 100% sure the same founders pack will be on sale after few weeks when the game go live.