test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weekend 2 Bugs and Issues

abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Well now that I've slept on it, I see everyone posting a couple things here and there, but I found soooo many minor issues. Maybe you guys all ran into some of this too:

Graphical:
1. The fact that EVERY weapon on the ground shows as a sword, is lame. Not a performance issue, but i don't want to run around just picking up swords all day.

2. Tiefling tails are like lasers...they swing through ANYTHING like butter. I can't tell you how often I sliced my horse's rear off with it, plus with the Sit emote you swing it through the ground like nothing, as well as occasionally have it swing around in a cinema chat screen lol, that was amusing.

3. Animations didn't always work. Especially after teleport, my character would just freeze up and it would take a couple seconds for all my magic missiles to fly and hit at once before the animation fixed itself. This was very annoying, added with the small delay of using teleport made it difficult to time stuff sometimes.

4. Mission pathing didn't always go to where you needed to go. Couple times it took me to an older quest area i already completed.

5. Many zone/instance entrances had little spots in the middle if you stood too close you couldn't access it, had to back up and spin your cursor around just right, was a little annoying.

Combat and Utility:
1. Potion issue that sometimes at the same time you use a pot when you get hit, it wouldn't register but the cooldown would still kick in. Hooray for teleport!

2. Recommended items - were not always accurate. They based recommended items purely on item value, not stats. Can confuse new gamers.

3. Movement bonuses were useless. No matter how much movement you stacked up with, you could never outrun enemies chasing you. Reminded me of my EQ days, I wanted to yell out "TRAIN INCOMING!!!!!" a few times :). Clearly this needs to be tweaked, or remove this bonus from game.

4. Paragon skill. My 30 skill looked awesome, sounded cool, but was about my weakest attack. The single target AND aoe damage of the storm lightning was weaker then the other at will skills (include the time for charging up, dps was garbage). Not sure about other classes, but I imagine they need tweaks as well. Lvl 30 skill was about useless for a wizard.

5. Clearly a lot of balance issues to work out, but plenty of time for that. Cleric was overpowered, rogue seemed to be close to par, wiz (and fighter?) seemed a bit too weak. Hopefully beta weekend 3 we see some good balance changes and some active pvp.

Next time around i'll be trying a different class, but the wizard was the most fun visually and style-wise to play. Too bad I felt like a girl scout in any major fight :(
Post edited by abcdefg2234 on

Comments

• Options
    vanderhelmvanderhelm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    - Recommended items: Once it recommended me the item I already had on (Shield) and offered me to rerun the same quest again to get the item again which made no sense to me. I think it would be better at that point if it just said "You already have the best Shield for your level" or something like that.

Also, I realize it's just a recommendation, but it doesn't seem to take your build into consideration because I had another shield with a lot more defense on it that I considered to be better than the one being recommended.

- Movement bonuses: Definitely feel completely worthless; I equipped some boots that had +20 movement on them and I noticed absolutely no difference. I recommend getting rid of this altogether since messing with movement speed in MMOs is a Pandora's box.
  • Options
    abcdefg2234abcdefg2234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 60
    edited March 2013
    Nothing wrong with movement bonuses, as MMOs have had it since the beginning basically. Just make it worthwhile or don't put it in, because it takes away from other builds for no reason.
  • Options
    wylie01wylie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited March 2013
    I biggest issue is the range attacks for 3 out of the 4 characters that have them, ie. Cleric and Wizard. Both get unlimited attacks and the Wizard has some really good range. The Rogue on the other hand had cool down on all of the shooting abilities, granted the damage is better on most of them but the DPS is worse.
    I would like to see some type of nerf on the Cleric and Wizard range or other abilities. For another example why does a Wizard with the HP boost and a Rogue with the HP boost have the same HP at the same level when both have thesame Constitution?
    I have heard so many times from 1st Beta to 2nd how hard Rogues are on solo stuff comparied to the other classes. One class should not be OP that they can solo most of the content when another class cannot as easy.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Sorry wylie, either you didn't level into the 30s or you really don't know what you're talking about. Solo, rogues were doing WAY better then wizards, hands down. Even partying, rogues outdamaged wizards in nearly every aspect. Our control ability was too weak to barely handle a handful of mobs, dps lacking, buggy teleport. Yet a fellow same lvl rogue tore through these groups handily, like it was nothing.

Range means nothing to a solo wizard, because those enemies close in rather quickly. If you're comparing strictly to range dps on the TR, I would probably wait, as they may come out with some sort of archer rogue class, while trickster i think is meant more for melee/burst damage attacks. Just like we all complain about control wizard damage, but later on the attack wizard will blow everyone away i'm sure.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 2,399 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wylie01 wrote: »
    I biggest issue is the range attacks for 3 out of the 4 characters that have them, ie. Cleric and Wizard. Both get unlimited attacks and the Wizard has some really good range. The Rogue on the other hand had cool down on all of the shooting abilities, granted the damage is better on most of them but the DPS is worse.
    I would like to see some type of nerf on the Cleric and Wizard range or other abilities. For another example why does a Wizard with the HP boost and a Rogue with the HP boost have the same HP at the same level when both have thesame Constitution?
    I have heard so many times from 1st Beta to 2nd how hard Rogues are on solo stuff comparied to the other classes. One class should not be OP that they can solo most of the content when another class cannot as easy.

if you're having problems soloing a Rouge - you may want to look at what Encounter powers you're using as in this weekends beta on my Rougge Im never died once and I was top DPS on the PvE qued 5 person events. Rogues are fine if you use their powers wisely.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Sig_Sm1755Pop.jpg
    PWE Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Now let's not get off topic here, more people should post their weird buggy experiences with their toons :)
  • Options
    serenethom1serenethom1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The most serious bug I saw this beta was when I enchanted an item and didn't get the Max Hit Point bonus. I put a level 3 Sigil on an item and didn't get the 250HP bonus.

I had some performance issues in the Graveyard quest. The grounds that were "cursed"...my Cleric could "heal" them. However the frame rate on the game dropped way down trying to render all of the cursed ground. When I left the area the frame rate returned to normal.
  • Options
    darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The biggest most annoying bug I had was not being able to leave qued in instance areas, especially skirmishes.
  • Options
    iviylissiviyliss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Could not see the character model I was creating as she was way to the left side of the screen, with the exception of the first character I made. I created 5...one I had to re roll when getting locked out of the bridge in the starter area after a crash and could go no further. During the first toon creation the character was in the center and I could move her around. Didnt really matter much as I didnt spend alot of time in character creation, except for the first one. After not being able to get a decent looking toon with the selections I had, I gave up after the first one.

The rubberbanding and lag was annoying and frustrating too! I would walk half way through a room and get dragged back to the beginning, lol. Was not funny if fighting a mob at the time!
  • Options
    vanderhelmvanderhelm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is not getting a reward from the last chest in Cloak Tower every run after your first a bug or by design? I ran Cloak Tower over a dozen times and I was only able to loot this chest once; it was a little disappointing, I was hoping it would at least have a Lion badge in it every time at least.

Also, only the first and 2nd bosses were dropping the badges, so there really was no reason for someone to stay after the 2nd boss if they had already ran the dungeon once (I completed it every time because I was having a lot of fun and the experience was good, but I can see tons of people just quitting halfway and re-queuing.).
  • Options
    kokane42kokane42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i noticed a few blue items which were same lvl as my green armour with less +skill than the green but was marked recommended. Only thing i could see was better was the selling price of the blue only
  • Options
    cartivacartiva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A few bugs I noticed were minor. I must have gotten lucky. My toons hair wove through the collar on whatever I was wearing for armor. A lot of the NPC quest givers talked sometimes and not others, not sure if that was a bug or not. The few environment things I ran into got bug reported. I thought the rogue character was easy to play, almost too easy. I am used to playing a magic user character in most mmos so that maybe the reason. I did not try other characters in Beta 2, but will in Beta 3.

The leveling seemed really fast. I am assuming that was intentional for the beta, to get people through the levels and test the whole game in a weekend.

I did notice the mission help pathing didn't always take you on a direct path to the quest. It some times took the long way around.

The recommended items did not seem helpful as others have mentioned. When I compared what I had to what it was recommending. It was back stepping me.
    Keira Taletreader 60 GF 13.9 GS
    Erdan Loreweaver 60 CW 11.3 GS
    Mika Hawklight 60 DC 11.5 GS
    Rukia Stealthfoot 60 TR 11.5 GS
    Ka D'Argo 60 HR 13.7 GS
    Ivan Ironfist 60 GWF 11.6 GS
  • Options
    smokalokesmokaloke Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm unable to post new threads, so I'll post a potential minor glitch here and hope it's read. During the Storming the Keep skurmish, my HSI connection went down and I needed a powercycle. When I was back up and running, I logged in and my current party was well into the keep. They had already looted the 3 single loot chests while I was away. Upon my return, I was able to reloot all the chests. After finishing the boss, I logged out and back in and sure enough the chests were lootable again. As one last precaution I logged out and in one more time but this time the chests were unlootable.