test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion chatter WAY too frequent

inkedbearinkedbear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 84
edited April 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I'm starting to get annoyed of hearing my companion say his 3 lines over and over and over and OVER again :)
Sometimes he repeats the same line like 5-6 times a minute. An option to turn it off would be fantastic.
Post edited by inkedbear on

Comments

• l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You can turn it off, but all NPC voices are muted. Which is good, because when sitting at a camp I have had some very annoying NPCs.

...but yes, they could just give your companion some sort of delay on speaking. Wizard was driving me nuts.
  • chuckfchuckf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This happened a lot when I was mounted. The wayward wizard would talk every 5 to 10 seconds while running behind my mount. It did get really annoying. The cleric did not talk as much but would still talk.

I never noticed them talking during combat or while I was running, only when I was mounted.
  • maddllamamaddllama Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My dog would growl... but that was it. My wife's wizard never said a word to her or I.
    5444373MbVxa.png
    @kmhknight

My campaign: The Madness Plague.
    My quest: Blacklake Gold

My guild: "The Older" Age 30+, Casual
  • saeroiasaeroia Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I didn't have the "sound" turned off but my wizard didn't say a word, but his gestures make me think he's totally lost his mind.
    The tank was also silent for me.
    The dog is really awful, it's idle sound makes him sound like he has bronchitis and is coughing up a lung (or worse).
    And whoever designed the model has either never seen a dog or really hates them, because it is just badly done. I'm hoping that it's just a beta placeholder model, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I found my companion only talked too often when I was riding around on a mount. I am not exactly sure why, but it may have had something to do with companion speech being triggered when they get far away and then bridge the gap, kind of like a "I'm here!" alert.

Some companions do not even have speech yet, like the Acolyte of Kelemvor. I suspect it will be added before release.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I'm beginning to doubt my companions honesty. Anyone who makes it a point to remind me so often that they are an "Honest Soldier", has got to be hiding something.
  • galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    He is going to stab you in the back as soon as you close your eyes and its his turn to be on watch, it was nice knowing you.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • falchoinfalchoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 386 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Agreed. There should be a 2-3 minute timer at least to prevent companion saying spam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My sellsword and wayward wizard never said a thing, my cleric very rarely herself.

On the other hand the honest soldier and good warriors were driving me INSANE, and I didn't even own one.
  • riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My cleric kept spamming her lines too, but only when running behind me when I was mounted.
    "By the grace of the gods!" "By the gods' grace!" "By the grace of the gods!" "I am here in your time of need!" "By the gods' grace!"
  • khupa1khupa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 96
    edited March 2013
    chuckf wrote: »
    This happened a lot when I was mounted. The wayward wizard would talk every 5 to 10 seconds while running behind my mount. It did get really annoying. The cleric did not talk as much but would still talk.

I never noticed them talking during combat or while I was running, only when I was mounted.

Same here, that was driving me to dismiss him.
  • abaddonxkabaddonxk Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My Wizard never once said anything to me, but he did constantly spam this odd emote that looked like he was laughing at something. Fitting, 'cause I named him "Butts lol".
  • foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Shut up Man-At-Arms! No, I will not quit while I'm ahead. You will run in there and take fists to the face and you will like it!!!!
  • presilkpresilk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    I assume/hoping/praying they give us the ability to have more than one chat window on the screen at one time rather than tab behind tab. I can't stand games in the past that have only allowed that type of customization.
    Usually one of the first things I do is put the general spam in one window, including /say, have another window up the top as general chat like tells, party, guild, raid etc. down the bottom right I usually have my damage given/taken. Most of the time the general windowmI only take notice of the exp and items given and sometimes just have a window for this only with the acception then of having a tab behind it for general.
    tis beta, im sure they already have plans to allow this.....right?......
  • jet777jet777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I honestly thought that I'd entered some kind of DnD/Pokemon Hybrid...I distinctly remember shouting "GO HONEST FIGHTER! USE SHIELD RUSH!" at the screen at some point...Maybe he's senile and trying to remind himself of his alignment? Or he's in denial..."I'm an honest fighter, I'm an honest fighter...Working for the insane tiefling wizard who shoots everything that twitches with ice and lightning and elemental pain doesn't make me a bad person...I'm an honest fighter..." At least the cleric's quieter.

Smart-aleckyness aside, Cryptic...Please...Please, turn down how often they babble. Please?
  • deerforestdeerforest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LOL I Love to hear my Companion speak it would be nice if she would say different things once in a while. The best part of this game for me is the voices of the Characters even when eavesdropping on them.
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Moreso than the Companion chatter, I'd want to silence NPCs or at least reduce the frequency of their chatter... I was showing this to my brother during Beta Weekend #3... I said, okay, listen to this NPC say his line... and now wait... and sure enough TWENTY SECONDS LATER he said the same line again. So irritating, these guys are.