test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wearing armor..

caugencaugen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
I don't understand the arrangement of armors in NW.
For example: Why there are heavy armors that my guardian fighter can not wear? Why the armor classes are not simply classified by light, medium and heavy, but are subject to certain hero classes??

Situation with my guardian fighter: "Oh, look, I found a heavy armor... but I can't wear it, because only the " GREAT weapon fighter" can handle it??!! (Kind of weird and silly!)

By the way: ... and I found .. a sword ... AGAIN ... wonderful ... [could be an axe, spear, hammer, spiked mace.. etc.]
Post edited by caugen on

Comments

• deathinblueshoesdeathinblueshoes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i don't recall this in 4.0. lol

the armors are classed by, well, classes.
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The dumbest thing is that cleric and mage rings are just copies of each other. Striking ring, same stats.... whoops, it's for a cleric, can't use it. I beleive I saw a ring also for the GWF that duplicated a CW ring.

So... you have to make items class segregated for some reason I suppose. But this seems pretty redundant.
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I suspect they are probibly still working on the skill system if you notice crafting is still not out. and gathering skills changed quite a bit since beta1 hooking loot/skills to class is a nice easy placeholder to have until they get a craft/skill/proficicency system working. i am definatly hoping to see it in Beta 3.

but notice half elves get a bonus to nonclass skills...as if you can have a bonus in the current system of class vs kit, Elves get a bonus to archery however there are no accual bows in the game. ranger class maybe? or maybe they are going to add missile weapons for everyone.
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    I suspect they are probibly still working on the skill system if you notice crafting is still not out. and gathering skills changed quite a bit since beta1 hooking loot/skills to class is a nice easy placeholder to have until they get a craft/skill/proficicency system working. i am definatly hoping to see it in Beta 3.

but notice half elves get a bonus to nonclass skills...as if you can have a bonus in the current system of class vs kit, Elves get a bonus to archery however there are no accual bows in the game. ranger class maybe? or maybe they are going to add missile weapons for everyone.

Based on the wording its unknown what it is referring to the word used is used for stat points as well. Its +1 to a non class ability, the stats info calls them abilities <- So it could be talking about that.