test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Different Starting Areas?

nehjjhennehjjhen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Like most of us you will probably want to roll more than one toon. Well that's awesome! but doing the same old start out by a broken down ship is good to begin with but I think we should build on that and post ideas about different types of starting areas for different races/classes/cities. Like if you select baulders gate have the toon start there, with same tutorial information but have the theme be more dwarf flavored with dwarven ruins and dwarven nps and so on, same with the elf cities etc. I think that would make the immersion a bit more entertaining. Please tell me what you guys think because I have always supported neverwinter nights I plan on buying both founders packs to help support this game so lets make this game diverse with loads of options to keep ppl comin back.

~Crysis
Post edited by nehjjhen on

Comments

• pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't see Cryptic adding different starting areas though it would be pretty cool. Perhaps foundry authors will make race themed content that can be played right out of the tutorial.
  • bottlerocket765bottlerocket765 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm in total agreement with you. The whole idea with dungeons and dragons is built on the premise that your part of a vast world full of various quests and adventures.
    I was upset that choosing a town your from was cosmetic. When I first made my character I was under the expectation that the region I chose was where I was going to start after the tutorial. I was expecting my choice of storyline was going to come into play as well, as if i was choosing what I wanted my main quest line to be. When I found out that we and every other character we'll make will be going on the same tutorial..the same quest line, well, it was a let down.
    If you have the same exact same story line....for EVERYONE. Its going to go stale really really fast. There's not going to be much of a replay value if everyone has the same story line over and over and over.
    If however, (and however rare a developer will actually read this), get on the horn now, add different story lines that feed into a main quest, add starter points to the towns and story line we ourselves picked in the beginning of the game. THIS mmo would be different from the others on market.
    The deity thing being cosmetic is also a missed opportunity to develop content. Not even a rare special appearance ? C'MON why even give us the option to choose a deity if we never get to see it? Another opportunity to make this game different from the other mmos.

There is a lot of opportunity to make this title unique and interesting. However I don't feel the developers of the title think its worth adding the extras to increase value of their creation.
  • bottlerocket765bottlerocket765 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pansapien wrote: »
    I don't see Cryptic adding different starting areas though it would be pretty cool. Perhaps foundry authors will make race themed content that can be played right out of the tutorial.
    Or make a tutorial alternate that players can choose instead of going through the tutorial neverwinter devs made.
  • kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You spend like 10 minutes in starter area. It goes by so fast. making different areas for each race is waste of resources. Unless you are spending at least first 15 levels or so in starting area it is not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nehjjhennehjjhen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think you should spend at least the first 15 levels in the area that would make the game so much more fun... Like I said this is beta and the game still has a ways to go but maybe the devs will listen to what we have to say and make different starting areas with loads of content =)

Devs If you give the people what they want you will be forever immortalized...
  • digidagdigidag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 60
    edited March 2013
    I doubt they'll be changing that much this far into development.
  • noolidnerdnoolidnerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    The general consensus is:
    1.) I wish we didn't have to do this same tutorial zone all the time.
    2.) Cryptic wouldn't bother creating an entire alternate tutorial.

So a reasonable compromise would be to give us the option to skip it, and place us in Neverwinter at level 5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • digidagdigidag Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 60
    edited March 2013
    Alternatively, they could hold a Foundry contest at some point, and let us vote for which one(s) are to be translated into alternative tutorials. Might be a fun little thing to get your content in the game in that way.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    i don't see this as a problem its a quick zone to teach you the basics and that's what it does.