test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One day gone. one left....

vehtshetcvehtshetc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
and I've not played for a second. not because of any technical problems...I think....but because 'perfect' world has sent their one-time code mails to a nonfunctional adress. likely gotten them in return, too. and not cared a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
i've put forth tickets this morning, midday and tonight. nothing. only time I got so much as an acknowledgement of my ticket was when I used my other account.

Was thinkin' maybe I'd get a response if I posted my complaint in here.

The email registered to this account is wrong. it's to be .no instead of .com. the com-one does not exist. I really think -someone- should have noticed as much before now.

Anyway. there it is. now, good night.
Post edited by vehtshetc on

Comments

• claymeowclaymeow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    1) Why didn't you put your correct email address?
    2) What makes you so sure you were select for this beta weekend to begin with?
  • vehtshetcvehtshetc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What can I say, I think english, i speak english, i write english...and my yahoo-account is norwegian.
    as for why I'm so sure...for one, I was registered as an STO lifetimer. why that mail reached me I have no idea. all I know is any mail I send to 'yahoo.com' comes back undelivered.

Also. hero of the north. so that should be double up. I have a right to partake. to not have been allowed to do so because the support-folks can't notice that the mails are being returned undelivered...*sigh* here's to hoping someone will notice my last ticket before I go to sleep tomorrow night. I'm not all that positive, for reasonably obvious reasons. seriously, you'd think they'd never run a beta weekend before. They certainly struck me as woefully unprepared for the ****storm that ensued...

Anyway. later.
  • tjientatjienta Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    vehtshetc wrote: »
    What can I say, I think english, i speak english, i write english...and my yahoo-account is norwegian.
    as for why I'm so sure...for one, I was registered as an STO lifetimer. why that mail reached me I have no idea. all I know is any mail I send to 'yahoo.com' comes back undelivered.
    As an STO lifetimer myself I didn't receive a key, because you will not get a key, the beta is already added to your account. I simply download the client and login with my perfect world account in the game.
    edited March 2013
    Sorry I didn't notice the "Hero of the North" title.

But that still doesn't explain why you can't change the email associated with your account (Click on My Account, and then Change Email). If you're saying PW does not accept .no email domains, then just register a dummy .com domain and set it to forward to your .no domain.

While I understand you being upset you can't play (mine has been stuck on "patching" the whole time, so I can't either), I fail to see how it's their fault you cannot receive the email. Email addresses are drawn out of a database. You put the incorrect email address into the database. Thus, your fault, not theirs.
    edited March 2013
    tjienta wrote: »
    As an STO lifetimer myself I didn't receive a key, because you will not get a key, the beta is already added to your account. I simply download the client and login with my perfect world account in the game.

Actually, good point, I didn't even think of that. My email didn't have a key either, it's simply attached to my account (and I'm not an STO lifetimer).
  • pwblowspwblows Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    claymeow wrote: »
    Actually, good point, I didn't even think of that. My email didn't have a key either, it's simply attached to my account (and I'm not an STO lifetimer).

Why didn't you think of that? Seems pretty obvious.
  • vehtshetcvehtshetc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *facepalm on repliers' behalf*
    -One time- code. y'know, the one needed to log into the game itself? Why they have nonsense like that I'll never understand. but the problem is the -One Time Code-. nothing else.

And 'dummy account'? I'd love to do that. but I have no idea how. Enlighten me, please.
    And it's not perfectworld that don't accept the domains...*sigh*. read my post properly, please. The account does not exist. mails sent to it returns undelivered. which makes it very much their fault for not noticing the returns. Especially if they responded to my tickets.

But please, explain this concept 'dummy domain'. As I said, I've tried to create a secondary version of the address, but yahoo won't have none of it. i also tried setting my mail-client up to receive from the .com one, but that also appear to have been a dud.
    edited March 2013
    Oh, right. nevermind. the dummy would be yahoo.com. which of course already exists.
    The last ticket was for them to change it. and they have a support-section for changing email addresses. so yeah.
    Only REAL problem? they have not answered or acknowledged in any way, shape or form. If they have tried contacting my 'com' address, it will be a clear sign of not reading what i write. I have clearly explained to them that the com one does not exist(while yahoo.com does, it does not with my email-name attached to it. and apparently I cannot create a new yahooidentity where the only difference is the ending of the email. so, support is my final option. guess I'm ****ed.
  • vulpecusvulpecus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Finally I got to disable the Account Guard after numerous tries on Cryptic's sites(CO & STO) and now I login the launcher but it tells me invalid username or password. Have not played at all. Great job PW & Cryptic! I feel scammed of 200 bucks. I gave financial support but where was my tech support? 4 tickets all in Unresolved status.
    edited March 2013
    I hear you. it's a bloody hassle. certainly so long as the email adress registered does not exist and the support crews do not read the tickets properly. I'll betcha they are sending replies to the 'com' one right now. silly buggers.