test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Getting ported back to city entrance none stop

natarothnataroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Good day.

Would like to report a bug where when I am done with the prologue and zoning in the city for the first time, I cannot move pretty far into it. I get ported back to the entrance none stop. I cannot talk to any NPC netter.

Regards
Post edited by nataroth on

Comments

• kvothexy1kvothexy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Im getting this problem as well.. It worked fine in the tutorial area, and as soon as i got to the city its like im there, but not really. I cant interact with anything including the NPCs and after a minute or so, i get bounced back to where i started from. Also, when i log out and come back in, my quest vanishes. I had this problem in the last beta as well and i was hoping it would have been fixed :(

Im redownloading a fresh install to see if that might help, but i think i did that last time as well and it didnt. Im not sure whats going on. Any ideas would be appreciated
  • natarothnataroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Made it to where the quest would be. After I made it out of the first area where I spawn. There is no player or any other NPC. So its just an empty city ;)
  • javipal1javipal1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have the same problem, if enter with safe mode i can "play" but sux this grafics
  • natarothnataroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tryed safe mode and same thing happen. I created a new toon after. I got dc and now I can't interract again lol
  • laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    Please consider following the steps in this thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?69201-Reporting-Client-Responsiveness-Issues

We are interested in collecting more information on this issue.
    edited March 2013
    With the new Patch i can play! GREAT!
  • hotereghotereg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am still porting back... it looks like i have 1million latence. Can i show latence? But after the patch it is better, it means smaller time to port me back and i slowly going toward so i am not port at same place as before.
    edited March 2013
    Its broken again, i ported back again, i hate this bug!
  • mithrilendilmithrilendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just to let you know.
    I used to have this bug but by using a VPN, now it's OK.
    May be the problem is not from Neverwinter but from ISPs
    edited March 2013
    What is VPN and ISPs? sorry, can help us more?
    edited March 2013
    How i can change my conection to VPN?
    edited March 2013
    On my notebook the game running fine. So its maybe be by antivir. I used on pc avg so it can be problem.
    edited March 2013
    I turn off avg and antivir, but still i am porting back.
  • sebukaisebukai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What I've noticed while doing this is that the outbound traffic of the game stops whenever my loading screen locks up. This is also the case when I'm running around in the city if I do get online; no outbound traffic until there is a spike - and I get sent back to my starting location.
  • kingchumperkingchumper Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the exact same problem, i couldn't make it to sergeant knox yet! tried 5 different characters so far, reinstalled the game, even tested it on my laptop...
    whenever i enter the city (at lvl 4) i can walk a little bit but then i get ported back to the start all the time... I once made it to sergeant knox' location but he wasn't there! and then i got ported back again...

i only see other players in the starting region of the city, after that i am "alone"...

please give me some ideas on what to test since all the "logging" and stuff doesnt help anyone
  • thunderspiritthunderspirit Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, two different characters on different servers.
  • deathornotdeathornot Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same issue myself, keep getting ported back to the entrance even though Protector's enclave works perfectly fine on my friends pc under the same internet connection. I have tried everything i could with any compatibility issues and nothing has worked so far...
This discussion has been closed.