test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beta unplayable; rubberbanded, logged out for inactive, no interactions

rosebuzzrosebuzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I can run around for about 30 seconds before I'm snapped back to where I started. I cannot interact with anything. The system thinks I'm afk and boots me for inactivity. My character is unplayable. This happened with the first toon I rolled at level 4, so I deleted it and tried again; this time got to level 5 before it happened. I keep logging out and coming back later to see if it is better, but it never is. I can't create a ticket or use the report bug mechanism. I am totally frustrated. Anyone know what I should do?
Post edited by rosebuzz on

Comments

• Options
    laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    Please consider following the steps in this thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?69201-Reporting-Client-Responsiveness-Issues

We are interested in getting more information on this issue.
  • Options
    visasmokervisasmoker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same thing
    i can run for a minute around the Protectors Enclave and get teleported back to the entrance :/ cant interact or change instance
    Same thing was in first beta, i hoped this would be fixed in second but...
  • Options
    mithrilendilmithrilendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same thing here.
    More, I can't really do what you asked Laserduck.
    Sending info via Crypticerror Tool : impossible (estimation of 1 day to send the info)
    And I'm trying to upload the files on the ftp : awfully slow

May be this has something to do with my ISP (Orange in France) and yours ? (Cogent I think)
  • Options
    visasmokervisasmoker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yeah just tried CrypticError report but its telling me 8 hours till completion. lol?
  • Options
    grolfpgrolfp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same errors here.. same as in last beta weekend.
    Was able to play a character this afternoon with no problems.

So the CrypticError tool says 8-10 hours and uploading 1.1GB?
    Ok sure..

Can't request GM support in game because several buttons such as any instance swap or bug submission/search are unresponsive. Can not "Log Out" from game.. can only "Exit Game" directly or Alt+F4.
  • Options
    grolfpgrolfp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Upload failed with 7 hours remaining. CrypticError message said something along the lines of "link severed", and I do not see any way to restart it without starting over.

Tried disabling antivirus and all the normal steps.
    Tried playing in "safe mode" and same problems persist.

There seem to be several threads about the issue, but it is all but impossible to provide the 1+GB of data that apparently is the only thing that can help figure out the problem.

I realize this is beta, but every avenue I am aware of for reporting and potentially helping with the issue seems to fail. All threads reporting the issue have the same cookie cutter reply about client "responsiveness".
  • Options
    xxriverwindxxriverwind Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm also having issues with rubberbanding though it seems not as bad as the rest of the posters. I can run around, do quests etc just have some bad rubberbanding at times and sometimes i freeze with the display of a timer saying "server not responding". I also played the last beta weekend and had no issues whatsoever. Its not a ISP problem, i have tested my connection several times always with low pings and good speed.
  • Options
    sebukaisebukai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having this issue too and it's extremely annoying. I can't really interact with anything and get joinked back to my starting position eventually.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure how helpful this info is (or if anyone besides users are reading it), but I can create a new character and play it just fine through the tutorial zones. I see "general" chat until I reach Protector's Enclave.

Once zoning into Protector's Enclave, all problems start. Rubberbanding, all buttons corresponding to non-client-side functions (my guess based on limited testing) become unresponsive, etc.

Additionally, my friends list is empty. I believe I had 2 people on there yesterday before the problems started (friends list not wiped from last Beta I suppose?). Now when I view the list I get an error in the chat window saying "[Error] Chat is offline."

Rubberbanding seems to occur when I can trigger some sort of action that "should" require the server directly, like clicking on the cash shop icon. This is not reliable, however, so is probably useless information.
  • Options
    sebukaisebukai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has anybody found a solution to this? I really want to level my cleric (or any class for that matter) beyond level 5 or whatever :/
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Tried again this afternoon. Initial attempt was normal and was unplayable.

Grasping at straws, I tried setting a proxy in the launcher Options. I set the proxy to US and connected. Was able to interact with NPCs, got zone messages showing it recognized that I was moving, and everything was working.

Tried to confirm this somehow fixed me by setting proxy back to None. Game was back to unplayable. Returned to US proxy.. this time no luck.. still unplayable. This was probably a fluke and maybe only some connections are working for some reason? I would imagine more people would report it if this was the case. Maybe people are just frustrated trying to report and give up?

In any case.. I'm sure this thread will be lost soon enough with no resolution or even response.

I'll try again next BWE.. but I'm ready to write this game off as a loss and move on.
  • Options
    toothlessspoontoothlessspoon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh thank god I'm not the only one. This has been the only thing annoying me about my play experience, other then the low FPS the game gives me - which suggests that the game needs a bit of optimisation. I really don't know what is causing the problem as my internet is pretty fast, this did the same thing in Battlefield 3(which they patched) but there were certain hotfixes that helped, but can't remember what they were.
    虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず。If you do not enter the tiger's cave, you will not catch its cub.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Okay.. I couldn't help investigating further. I believe I have found the problem.. at least for my own case.

I have an Asus motherboard, and have installed their AI Suite II software. Part of this software is a program called "Network iControl". Long story short.. I disabled this and things are fine with Neverwinter. I turn it back on.. things are not fine.

I'll post this in the stickied thread the dev linked as well, even though it kinda has nothing to do with the issue. If they are defaulting everyone to that, at least maybe more people with the same software issue will see it.

Sebukai: I hope this is your issue as well, because the game does seem pretty fun when it's working correctly. I feel bad enough paying $60 for access to some beta weekends without also NOT being able to play in them!

Good luck!
  • Options
    uggsmashuggsmash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    grolfp wrote: »
    I have an Asus motherboard, and have installed their AI Suite II software. Part of this software is a program called "Network iControl". Long story short.. I disabled this and things are fine with Neverwinter. I turn it back on.. things are not fine.

You freakin' legend grolfp! It worked, just played a couple hours and no more whiplash from the rubberbanding.
    If you need help ingame with something, look for taipan@uggsmash, I'll be the one drinking in the tavern shouting you praise...drunkenly of course.

Devs: 17 Players: 42

Take a short rest by the camp fire Devs, looks like your copin' a floggin' :P
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Okay.. I couldn't help investigating further. I believe I have found the problem.. at least for my own case.

I'll post this in the stickied thread the dev linked as well, even though it kinda has nothing to do with the issue. If they are defaulting everyone to that, at least maybe more people with the same software issue will see it.

Sebukai: I hope this is your issue as well, because the game does seem pretty fun when it's working correctly. I feel bad enough paying $60 for access to some beta weekends without also NOT being able to play in them!

Good luck!

OMG!!!
    man you are my hero for this weekend! :D
    got the Asus mother board and the AISuite II, disabled it as u said and it worked!!!
    really really thank you my friend
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Great! I'm glad to hear it helped you guys out!

With luck, the devs will read it and add it to the known issues list.
    I'm sure they are swamped, but giving us ways to help ourselves can only benefit the game.
  • Options
    toothlessspoontoothlessspoon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just wanted to quickly post before continuing to play. I don't have an Asus board, but for some reason mine is fixed. I did adjust a few things - dedicated one graphics card to physx + changed my polling rate on my Razer naga mmo mouse to 125 (I know for a fact that this can stuff some games up). Don' think I've done anything else. The game for me (Australia) still is slightly lagging, but definitely no rubber-banding. The graphics engine needs some fine tuning along with new drivers I suspect, as the FPS are low (SSAO and Depth are bad GPU hogs, but they appear to really make the car work - and I say card because it doesn't have SLI supp
    虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず。If you do not enter the tiger's cave, you will not catch its cub.
  • Options
    mithrilendilmithrilendil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Okay..

Perfect ^^
    What is funny is by using a VPN, it also works (but with your solution no latency at all)
    Thanks a lot
  • Options
    masteraeschylusmasteraeschylus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Issues generally at nighttime (i'm australian) during the day it's perfect, at night it's unplayable (generally 5pm-2/3am) possibly because it's american peek time.

Unless this improves then i've wasted 60 dollars on this product because during the day ill be studying/working.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    only prob i have had is occasional lag then get booted log back in and fine for hours i'm in australia too
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    masteraeschylusmasteraeschylus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    can't play at night (australian time) game is unplayable... turned down settings of game, slight improvement but still ended up with unresponsive, I can play ToR on ultra with no issues or lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    glomthemightyglomthemighty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I played all last night but started getting dropped when morning rolled around. Tonight I was out late and logged in at 3 or 4 and played for a while with no problem and then again started getting dropped in the morning. I'm in Costa Rica (that's Mountain Time).
  • Options
    hotereghotereg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So I turn off Network iControl, but I have still the same problem. Still i am getting back to start position and I can
  • Options
    ooznynkooooznynkoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have an Asus motherboard, and have installed their AI Suite II software. Part of this software is a program called "Network iControl". Long story short.. I disabled this and things are fine with Neverwinter. I turn it back on.. things are not fine...

This worked for me as well! Thank you very much for pointing it out.
  • Options
    l1zardo1l1zardo1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I dunno. Went from totally fine with twitch to unplayable for last 4+hrs

No matter what VPN location I use, or just stock ISP

Too frustrating to try anymore, but the entire afternoon was perfect .....
  • Options
    brynne1brynne1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been having the "rubberbanding" issue as well. I can't progress or interact with anything. Seriously, this has ruined this beta weekend for me. I am so disappointed. I'm really glad I didn't upgrade to the $200 pack with all these issues.
  • Options
    zer0616zer0616 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not sure how helpful this info is (or if anyone besides users are reading it), but I can create a new character and play it just fine through the tutorial zones. I see "general" chat until I reach Protector's Enclave.

Once zoning into Protector's Enclave, all problems start. Rubberbanding, all buttons corresponding to non-client-side functions (my guess based on limited testing) become unresponsive, etc.

Additionally, my friends list is empty. I believe I had 2 people on there yesterday before the problems started (friends list not wiped from last Beta I suppose?). Now when I view the list I get an error in the chat window saying "[Error] Chat is offline."

Rubberbanding seems to occur when I can trigger some sort of action that "should" require the server directly, like clicking on the cash shop icon. This is not reliable, however, so is probably useless information.

I have this exact same issue. I've done it 4 times now. 2 characters on Saturday, 2 on Sunday. They play through the tutorial, reach the town at level 4 and bang. Done. If I exit, can't log out, and log back in my quest will be missing as well.
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited March 2013
    Fingers cross that Cryptic surprise release a Aussie server on launch. =P
  • Options
    arnjinarnjin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Good luck!

THANKS ! You made my day, my Hero :D It's works perfectly ! I really thought it cames from Cryptic's code for some hardware configurations..., a known bug, but...it can be passed by your method !
    Thanks again for all dude, you're the best ! Long life to you :p