test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hello

binakamanahbinakamanah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I used to play AoC and COX, and I look forward to playing this game. Looks like it already has a decent player base from the posts I have seen.

V/R

MUR
In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
Post edited by binakamanah on

Comments

• Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi there,

Anyways I got some info for you
    I recommend reading the Neverwinter Extended FAQ if you havent already.
    The Directory of the Founder Guilds of Neverwinter can help with guild shopping.

Also I invite you to have a look at my guild Hardcore Christian Gamers. We are family friendly.If you like it feel free to join.(I leave a link in my signature)

See you around the forums :)
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    binakamanahbinakamanah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Friend. Not that I have anything against Christians, they typically have something against me. I would rather not join a guild in a game that has anything to do with religion. I mean, eventually someone could get lost in hyperbole mucking about in too many imaginary worlds ... especially if they started in one.

:)

- Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    haha i just got a broner from your response binakamanah. Haha plz group with me in-game sometime bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ch80 wrote: »
    haha i just got a broner from your response binakamanah. Haha plz group with me in-game sometime bro.

CH80, I am not entirely sure if Death's Sickle (DS) is serious. My response was as tongue and cheek as I could make it given the possibility that DS was purposefully being funny with the advertisement of a Christian guild in a Dungeon and Dragons world. You could argue that the judeo christian religious archetype represents one of the main, more modern progenitors of dragons ... and dungeons for that matter. Their campaign against the game in the early eighties makes me think that DS is being ironic; I love me some good irony! Sure thing broseph, I don't know who or what I will be playing but I will be sure to look you up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons_controversies

- Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    CH80, I am not entirely sure if Death's Sickle (DS) is serious. My response was as tongue and cheek as I could make it given the possibility that DS was purposefully being funny with the advertisement of a Christian guild in a Dungeon and Dragons world. You could argue that the judeo christian religious archetype represents one of the main, more modern progenitors of dragons ... and dungeons for that matter. Their campaign against the game in the early eighties makes me think that DS is being ironic; I love me some good irony! Sure thing broseph, I don't know who or what I will be playing but I will be sure to look you up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeons_%26_Dragons_controversies

Actually Im serious Ive played DnD a long time and it has never interfered with my faith, in fact we have DnD groups at my church(along with other things like poker). WE dont believe that DnD or Poker or Alcohol are inherently evil, in fact we embrace them. It is when they are misused, that they are not ok(ex. gambling an entire paycheck when you have a hungry wife and kids at home). One of the things a pastor at our church says is "All things in moderation save sin".

I made a Christian based guild because I wanted something family friendly, where I wouldnt here lots of cursing or crudeness, and where we could get to know each other.

Sorry If I got a little to religious there, but yah my guild is Christian based it is not meant to be a joke or ironic.(also Ive taken no offence from those post and mean no offence in this one)

P.S. I love this old 8-bit DnD video

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    talorektalorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited March 2013
    Personally, I see nothing wrong with a faith based guild. To each their own. It's one of the reasons I started a LGBT friendly guild... Gaming can be more fun if starting out with like-minded people. You have already a common bond (besides your love for D&D of course). That way too, you know what your getting into. People in a faith based guild wouldn't have to be afraid to say something like "I'll pray for you." to someone in their guild because it would be accepted... Just as someone in The Lords of Light wouldn't have to worry about hearing the homophobic jokes when they say something like "Me and my boyfriend had date night last night". There is room enough in any "virtual" world for all walks of life, and just as in real life, we should just be tolerant of one another.
    Talorek

The Lords of Light - A LGBT Friendly Guild {Social/PvE/Light RP/Events}

You can join or visit with us here.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I meant no offense i accept people from all walks of life. However, i feel promoting a guild tailored to a specific religion is distastefull. Many people from all backgrounds can embrace the main christian values and maintain good clean fun. In every new members post i see an invitation to Hardcore Christian Gamers without any inclination that the people who are posting to begin with may be christian. I bet if i started a guild called Hardcore Satanic Gamers it would catch a lot of flack but there is really no difference. I've always taken the stance of including and accepting everyone untill they make themselves unwanted or act in a way that isnt in a guilds best interest. Though tailoring to a specific religion and not including all walks of life in your guild is your right, i feel the constant promoting of it on all threads is a bit over the top.
    This just in!!! I'm starting a new guild called The Agnostic Knights so for all you non believers or scientific minded fact based individuals pm me!:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    talorektalorek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited March 2013
    LOL, I do agree with you on that point... All it takes is one recruitment message - If the message is good enough, people will find you. Spam recruiting (regardless of who or what you are recruiting for) is usually frowned upon in general.
    Talorek

The Lords of Light - A LGBT Friendly Guild {Social/PvE/Light RP/Events}

You can join or visit with us here.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Actually Im serious Ive played DnD a long time and it has never interfered with my faith, in fact we have DnD groups at my church(along with other things like poker). WE dont believe that DnD or Poker or Alcohol are inherently evil, in fact we embrace them. It is when they are misused, that they are not ok(ex. gambling an entire paycheck when you have a hungry wife and kids at home). One of the things a pastor at our church says is "All things in moderation save sin".

I made a Christian based guild because I wanted something family friendly, where I wouldnt here lots of cursing or crudeness, and where we could get to know each other.

Sorry If I got a little to religious there, but yah my guild is Christian based it is not meant to be a joke or ironic.(also Ive taken no offence from those post and mean no offence in this one)

Good, because none was intended. I was just enjoying the irony. I was serious though about the origin of much of the stuff in the DnD world coming from judeo christian mythology. You weren't being too Christian; just the admission that you are a Christian and all that entails (especially if you practice) immediately separates you from those destined to Hell. Some of my favorite people have been LDS guys, and gals, who have volunteer to be DD on Friday nights. We usually buy their dinners.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I meant no offense i accept people from all walks of life. However, i feel promoting a guild tailored to a specific religion is distastefull. Many people from all backgrounds can embrace the main christian values and maintain good clean fun. In every new members post i see an invitation to Hardcore Christian Gamers without any inclination that the people who are posting to begin with may be christian. I bet if i started a guild called Hardcore Satanic Gamers it would catch a lot of flack but there is really no difference. I've always taken the stance of including and accepting everyone untill they make themselves unwanted or act in a way that isnt in a guilds best interest. Though tailoring to a specific religion and not including all walks of life in your guild is your right, i feel the constant promoting of it on all threads is a bit over the top.
    This just in!!! I'm starting a new guild called The Agnostic Knights so for all you non believers or scientific minded fact based individuals pm me!:p

I am joining your guild.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Well I said Christian based for a reason we do allow those who enjoy the values of Christians even if they are not. We will have Christians but those who just prefer Christian and family values. Also Ive been having the invite in welcoming for a long time(Trust me it is better than when Id post it as a side note in every post back when I first started the guild(although back then I was the only one in it.). Also for me it almost feels wrong not to invite everyone.

Anyway good luck on your guild guys

P.S. I may dial it down some on posting about my guild in the intros(maybe(possibly(probably not)))

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I was just being my usual snarky sarcastic overly caffeinated self. Haha i was actual kidding about the guild but in hindsight it isnt a bad idea. Though i may need to change the Knights to something like Sojourners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Your guild's name is a bit 'in your face'. IMHO religion should be a closely held secret for those who practice it, which makes sense given a religion's innate exclusivity. Creating a guild with the basis of a Christian secret society is classier, more imaginative and frankly, more Christian. For RP'ers, your guild name is completely OOC. HCG is about as awesome as if a homosexual created a guild called The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Blades of Gaydaria.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Your guild's name is a bit 'in your face'. IMHO religion should be a closely held secret for those who practice it, which makes sense given a religion's innate exclusivity. Creating a guild with the basis of a Christian secret society is classier, more imaginative and frankly, more Christian. For RP'ers, your guild name is completely OOC. HCG is about as awesome as if a homosexual created a guild called The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Blades of Gaydaria.

Actually, The <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Blades of Gaydaria would kick ***, however, Our Completely <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> Guild would suck.

- Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited March 2013

I am in the gaming community Hardcore Christian Gamer we have chapters in nearly every game.(thus why the guild is Hardcore Christian Gamers it is a known gaming community) Also I dont see how being a secret is more Christian(especially since Christians are supposed to stand out(not necessarily annoying stand out but still to stand out)) I have thought of RP specific name for use in RPing, but have not set it to a vote yet with the members on which we will go with, I liked "Heroic Champions of the Gundan" , "Heroic Champions of God", and " Heroic City of God".

I personally think it would be worse though if someone had a bad time do to being in a guild in which they dont fit in because the guild focused for their religion, ethnicity, etc. Than for me to come out and say we are here if you want to come join us if not ok, but at least they actually knew the guild is there and what they are about. No matter if it is a guild for People from a specific Country, religion, etc Id like them to be able to know that there is a guild for them and they can join it if theyd like.(thus why when Ausies introduce themselves as Ausies I send them to Ryvik who is doing Ausie guild stuff.) Ive probably talked to much, I dont want to turn this into a debate, anyway thanks for the input,

I hope things go well with you whichever guild you choose or create

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ok here is my new idea... a guild called AWOL. (all walks of life not absent without leave) haha or (Agnostic Way Of Life) Any takers for creating this guild? I dont want to be a leader, just a member. C'mon someone feed this fire and get the ball rolling!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ok here is my new idea... a guild called AWOL. (all walks of life not absent without leave) haha or (Agnostic Way Of Life) Any takers for creating this guild? I dont want to be a leader, just a member. C'mon someone feed this fire and get the ball rolling!

Good luck with that I hope your efforts come to fruition

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thank you sir, i'm just spitballing ideas. I have cottonmouth though so the chances of them sticking arent very high.;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I am in the gaming community Hardcore Christian Gamer we have chapters in nearly every game.(thus why the guild is Hardcore Christian Gamers it is a known gaming community) Also I dont see how being a secret is more Christian(especially since Christians are supposed to stand out(not necessarily annoying stand out but still to stand out)) I have thought of RP specific name for use in RPing, but have not set it to a vote yet with the members on which we will go with, I liked "Heroic Champions of the Gundan" , "Heroic Champions of God", and " Heroic City of God".

I personally think it would be worse though if someone had a bad time do to being in a guild in which they dont fit in because the guild focused for their religion, ethnicity, etc. Than for me to come out and say we are here if you want to come join us if not ok, but at least they actually knew the guild is there and what they are about. No matter if it is a guild for People from a specific Country, religion, etc Id like them to be able to know that there is a guild for them and they can join it if theyd like.(thus why when Ausies introduce themselves as Ausies I send them to Ryvik who is doing Ausie guild stuff.) Ive probably talked to much, I dont want to turn this into a debate, anyway thanks for the input,

I hope things go well with you whichever guild you choose or create

I just kind of find this whole thing creepy. Unless you are RP'ing IRL, the whole concept is rooted in delusion; nothing in the Bible is real. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny don't exist, that magical friend in the sky CERTAINLY doesn't exist. As much as your RP club (Church) makes from its Holy LARPing, you guys should be absolutely taxed so that you are actually contributing to society. The only purpose I can see for religion is to provide a safe haven for the weak willed and a framework off of which those with lose morals can operate, without becoming a hinderance to the more rational, empathetic individuals around them.

- Friedrich Nietzsche