test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dwarven Guild???

ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
I've read through a lot of content in this forum but I don't recall if anyone has created a guild that would be dwarven in nature? I think this has a good chance of success in the game and one that many players would be interested in joining.

Thanks,

Ezra Steel
Post edited by ezrasteel1 on

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ezrasteel1 wrote: »
    I've read through a lot of content in this forum but I don't recall if anyone has created a guild that would be dwarven in nature? I think this has a good chance of success in the game and one that many players would be interested in joining.

Thanks,

Ezra Steel

If they Have it's lost to the Archives! Go for it, and the worst that can happen is they join you or you join them! One of my Favorite Guilds to adventure with was "Knights of the Short Bus!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ezrasteel1ezrasteel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    I had to laugh when I read this Truth, when I first started playing EVE a number of years back, my first death was at the hands of the Short Bus Squad. I jumped through a gate, minding my own business, when I was quickly warp scrambled and webbed, and death and destruction rained down on my bright shiny new ship. I soon found myself in a pod, fleeing for my life, which quickly came to an end and my character woke up in a cloning vat, to start anew.

I hated that group for the longest time until I came to better understand the game and the complexities of it.

I'm sure this is a different group, but it did bring back some fond and not so fond memories of another gaming time for me.

My Best,

Ezra Steel
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    Can't think of any guilds dwarvish in nature for this game but it's a cool idea. Unfortunately I'm not going to play one and my character will have nothing to do with dwarven ideas so that sucks :(
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Remind me to protect my knees whenever I meet anyone of your guildy. Or I will have to apply for the position of npc with only one line.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    BTW, historically speaking, the dwarven race people are not known for guild associations, but clan associations, often united by a family linage rallied around or outright blood line following. For our STO friends, think Klingon Houses.

While dwarves can and do join guild-houses and companies and such, this is how they handle it racially speaking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drizzt1814drizzt1814 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A dwarven-based guild would be pretty great. Dwarven Guardian anyone? Seriously contemplating it.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    drizzt1814 wrote: »
    A dwarven-based guild would be pretty great. Dwarven Guardian anyone? Seriously contemplating it.

Do they run...or sorta waddle fast?

But by all means, make a Dwarven guild! The more the merrier!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Even god Moradin has abandoned "particular race only" policy of only this race can do this or that.

I would rather suggest to have a guild based on Moradin worshipers or something and keep the policy of only hiring dwarves hidden from public eyes.
  • Options
    neosentryneosentry Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would consider joining that. "Never trust an elf!"
  • Options
    turokhammerstoneturokhammerstone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Always been fond of the steadfast race. Although a human was my first ever pc as I learned 3E. I have stuck with and just loved the dwarves. Turokk Hammerstone of Glitter keep at ye service. Shadowstone be me darker side from Engliton NWN1 PW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    morgonttimorgontti Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    How about; Bad Santa's, all white bearded dwarves that wear red and white.

And eventually, adopt in Gnomes, if they are implemented, make them our elves that wear green and white.
    Dwarven women have no beard, and if a dwarf woman has beard, there is always beer to make it better.

Remy Rockhammer@morgontti - 30th Dwarven Cleric

7vtbanner.jpg
  • Options
    dreadsheparddreadshepard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmm..... Them be fight'n words! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.zinzerena.com
  • Options
    martyanyamartyanya Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sign me up...I did this in Warcrack but it was impossible to get players since the focus was so NOT on flavor...and people would literally get mad that we tried to exclude...
  • Options
    unhodinunhodin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    *points to the other dwarf guild thread*

I'm planning on making a dwarf-themed roleplay guild on launch. Will probably be a clan of some sort, probably utilize the foundry for some awesome rp events. Was thinking of if I should have it dwarf only or heavily-dwarven themed/inclined but allow other races if they can bring up a valid in character reason as to why they would join.
  • Options
    sirbeletangsirbeletang Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am defo up for dwarven guild, ive been looking for ppl to join me in creating one. I have a lvl 14 guardian dwarf on Dragon server