test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tempest Fighters

drowpaladindrowpaladin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Any chance we will get a tempest fighter? I understand that two bladed rangers will come into play eventually, but I don't want my character considered to be a ranger.
Post edited by drowpaladin on

Comments

• Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nothing's been said about them. My guess is it will be a long time until we see them, if at all. There's probably a lot of other classes they'd be more concerned about bringing out than yet another fighter, especially one looks a lot like a melee Ranger.

Personally, I'm fond of dual wielding, but generally not that fond of Rangers, but don't really care if says Ranger instead of Fighter on my character's sheet if it is, like in 4E, possible to build a Ranger that isn't all nature themed.
  • Options
    stoermcstoermc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I believe with the GF and GWF in the pipe for launch, we will probably see other classes / builds first to make it into the game. Especially the lack of ranged striker classes comes to mind, so I'd assume Ranger and Warlock builds to be seen next. After that, I'd expect something like the Bard and something tanky again after that. Probably the Paladin.

So in short, no, I don't think we see the Tempest Fighter anytime soon - because there are much more obvious and interesting choices (IMO!) than another fighter class. But well, maybe I am completely off here ;)
    Neverwinter Community Moderator

Code of Conduct - Extended FAQ - PM me
  • Options
    gammanshadowrushgammanshadowrush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We're sort of in the same boat OP. I too want my main character to be a Tempest Fighter, as it's the closest build to the character concept of my original D&D character (to which I've been basing all my MMO characters from).

But alas, the Tempest Fighter is not one of the first fighter builds, and most likely will not be in-game anytime soon I think. With so many other classes that Cryptic has to go through first, we probably won't see it for a very long time, if ever they decide to even put it in someday.

Because of this I'm in a bit of a predicament. As it stands now I'll most likely create my main as a Great Weapon Fighter. And if I do, I'll always have this thought in the back of my mind that this isn't really my character, and that if ever Cryptic decides to put in the Tempest Fighter someday then I'd need to delete (to free his name) and re-roll him as one and start again. Which is going to suck, but I have done it before in another MMO. Unless of course Cryptic releases a Change Class service in the C-Store, which I highly doubt.
  • Options
    kalvorakkalvorak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 45
    edited March 2013
    They're almost certainly going to release a name change option though so you won't have to delete your GWF.
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    It's possible. But except for Paragon Paths. I don't see other builds making it in before the PhB Classes/Builds.
  • Options
    raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    i dont think we'll see additional fighter classes soon, since we got 2 at launch already. other classes will come first. and the next "heavy" armor class will most likly be a paladin type.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited March 2013
    TBH your be in for a long wait as there's all the pure common classes of D&D and the popular variations of them, Tempest Ranger & Bow Ranger Battle Cleric Paladin, Barbarian (two hand and Duel wield), DPS Wizards, Druid, Sorcs, Bards all of these I expect to see be Tempest Fighter.
  • Options
    jezathforumjezathforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I will pay good money for other classes for sure :)

enjin-393296-13641734601093802493-gray.png
    "There are two things that drive technology forward in a huge leap in this world, one is war and one is business..."-- Timothy Wade 2012
    "If you wish to join a guild, that will be running a guild foundry RP campaign then come take a look at [BLOOD]"