test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sooo... How 'bout those CO/STO lifers?

jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since our beta test is in five days, when are we getting our keys?

Or do we have to wait again, like CO lifers into the STO beta?
Post edited by jedidethfreak823 on

Comments

• Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For the founders on the first beta weekend, no key was required. I believe its going to work the same way for CO/STO lifers.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I believe you are just access to it you could go to this top screen, THE GAME and click redeem key it might show you are a CO/STO lifer as mine shows PC gamer and what mount I have.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No access for my account and I am a STO lifer. Only shows the PC Gamer key. When I logged into the launcher, it had account error so I assume that my PWE account is not tagged for Neverwinter Beta Weekends.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hmmm was hoping it might show ya guys it there, well other then that I'm no help sorry.
  • Options
    peregrine0falconperegrine0falcon Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2013
    "Any change to non-good alignment immediately strips the ranger of all benefits, and the character becomes a fighter, with eight-sided hit dice, everafter, and can never regain ranger status."
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Yup. I saw that post as well. Very excited because I have a fleet-mate that is a lifer and will be joining this weekend :) M'Lady is also apparently buying the Guardian Pack so she can join the rest of Beta (she had my friend key first weekend).
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    No access for my account and I am a STO lifer. Only shows the PC Gamer key. When I logged into the launcher, it had account error so I assume that my PWE account is not tagged for Neverwinter Beta Weekends.

I got the same thing but after looking that just means the servers are down for the beta testers you do have access just download the game and wait for the 8th to patch and play. I'm a STO lifer and I have the game downloaded but I just can't patch till the weekend which is fine with me as from what my Fleet-mate tells me it's not a huge patch maybe a bit more than a GB, no big deal
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Aye for me it was about a gig for patch was all. 3 gigs down, a gig to patch, plus whatever they added between these two Beta weekends, so expect between 4 - 5 gigs total. That is approximately 10 minutes of downloading so the rest of the weekend should be yours to play like mad. :)
  • Options
    lauro86lauro86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Since our beta test is in five days, when are we getting our keys?

Or do we have to wait again, like CO lifers into the STO beta?

so does these mean new "normal " players might get invited to this Beta?? i dont have money to buy the starting pack so i was wondering... to bad the 20$ doesnt give beta acces :(
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    starkaos wrote: »

The account error occurs due to the fact the servers aren't up. It has nothing to do with whether you have access or not.
    I have no news on if access will be automatically flagged or not but I think that's a very logical and likely possibility.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here is the official response from the STO forums.
    Yep! Just found out that STO lifers can now download the client and should gain access automatically when the weekend starts -- no key required. More information should be sent in an email before the weekend starts, I believe.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    lauro86 wrote: »
    so does these mean new "normal " players might get invited to this Beta?? i dont have money to buy the starting pack so i was wondering... to bad the 20$ doesnt give beta acces :(

Not this weekend. Maybe the next one, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

IIRC, nobody got into any of the STO betas without paying or winning a contest.
  • Options
    trikirantrikiran Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Was able to download client, Can't patch the client tho because of login error (Invalid username or password.)

Is this expected or is there some issue I don't know about yet?
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    trikiran wrote: »
    Was able to download client, Can't patch the client tho because of login error (Invalid username or password.)

Is this expected or is there some issue I don't know about yet?

Same thing happening here
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If you are STO/CO Lifers then it's likely they haven;t reached you yet (I'm willing to wager Cryptic has been going through and granting access to STO/CO lifers all week and there's a lot of them.) Worst-case scenario: you won;t be allowed to login until Friday morning (Pacific time).
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I just got my NEVERWINTER Email inviting me to play in this weekend's beta BECAUSE I've "been a supporter of Cryptic" by being a "Lifetime subscriber" of Star Trek Online (I'll probably get a third email for being a CO lifer, too) - even though I'm already HotN (Got an email for that, too).

In any case, confirmation is all but ...uh, confirmed. :)
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Be patiant Lifers. Emails are on the way (just received mine - thanks Cryptic):D
  • Options
    elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Set phasers to D20! We rollin' dwarfs this weekend, and not the Red or Blue kind from space. So many Chimeras will be in the garage this weekend.
    2.jpg
  • Options
    drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just got the email saying my beta access has been applied to my account for being a STO lifer, so I imagine they are being pushed out today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my Sig to view our community website
  • Options
    shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just got my NEVERWINTER Email inviting me to play in this weekend's beta BECAUSE I've "been a supporter of Cryptic" by being a "Lifetime subscriber" of Star Trek Online (I'll probably get a third email for being a CO lifer, too) - even though I'm already HotN (Got an email for that, too).

In any case, confirmation is all but ...uh, confirmed. :)

LOL, me too. I had STO lifetime, TL2 pre-order, PC Mag, and HotN. Quadruple covered. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    shonsu5320 wrote: »
    LOL, me too. I had STO lifetime, TL2 pre-order, PC Mag, and HotN. Quadruple covered. :)

I think Cryptic owes me and you (and others like us) a T-Shirt or sumfin. LOL
  • Options
    epixcomixepixcomix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have a CO lifetime sub, had it before PWE was ever in the picture, but I have not received any emails about getting into the beta, other than them advertising founder pack purchases. Should my account still be flagged or am I hosed? And if I am hosed, who would I talk to about getting flagged?
  • Options
    fascinofascino Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am a STO lifer, and feel pretty much the same. One place mentions lifers as in. Other mention an email that you need to get... so which is it? Would have been nice with clarification.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    No e-mail here, either.
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I received the mail for my STO lifer account, but I didn't receive one for my CO lifer account.

My friend has a CO lifer account and didn't receive any email, but her account has beta access, so it's all good. :)
    L'sya Raiya