test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Petition to give Hero of the North founders automatic acess to the Foundry beta

geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just wanted to say i find it a bit frustrating to learn that the Foundry beta is going to be a separate beta. Honestly this is a bit dishonest if you ask me. The video that released in the Hero of the North preview as well as all the other game info never stated that the foundry would not be able to be accessed in the beta weekends (until the last minute in a post on the forums)

Now it seems you have to sign up for yet another seperate beta...which is nice but the whole point of the hero of the north pack was to get into all the beta weekends (well gaurdens were able to too) would have been nice if for 200 bucks they at least considered to let the Hero of the North people get into the Foundry Beta if they so wished (it could have been opt in..but i coudnt imagine anyone paying for the Hero of the North pack NOT wanting to be in the foundry beta)

I know its not "pay to play the beta" but i just think it would have made the package a bit better and it feels like the one thing a lot of us are looking foward to we cant even try out!

So here is a thread and i hope those who are Hero of the North users would sign to make it so that we automatically get in. because honestly my luck with filling out beta applications often times isnt that great even if i fill it out well.....just my luck i guess.

I really already spent plenty of hours testing out the base game last beta weekend i was really hoping to get into the foundry this coming weekend but seems this wont be the case then.

Anyways just saying that....please consider it.....not trying to be difficult but it was just one of the things in the game i was most looking foward to. i never got into making many missons for STO for some reason and i think with the added options of the Neverwinter Foundry and the fantasy setting i will enjoy more doing so (with the ability to put together your own interior dungeons and locations too).

Just my thoughts. We Hero of the Norths people have put down money in good faith to support your game so could you throw us a bone maybe and include us in the foundry test as well? thanks! :-). (or at least at the very least consider our applications of higher priority :-p.
Post edited by geddings12 on

Comments

• Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why did you bother paying for a product that doesn't offer you all that you want for the asked price?

Against the petition.
  • Options
    devoneauxdevoneaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    Why did you bother paying for a product that doesn't offer you all that you want for the asked price?

Against the petition.

This does not mean he cannot request more after the fact.

Supported.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    As the Foundry Beta stated they are looking for dedicated content authors and modders. The Foundry Beta is extremely important to them and is about far more than simply testing the features or giving access to the tools. They are keeping the test group small and dedicated.

If you are a dedcated content developer or really would like to be one fill out the survey!
    But the Foundry Beta is especially signifigant and because of that they are looking for truly dedicated developers in order to get the most concise and constructive feedback possible.
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As the Foundry Beta stated they are looking for dedicated content authors and modders. The Foundry Beta is extremely important to them and is about far more than simply testing the features or giving access to the tools. They are keeping the test group small and dedicated.

If you are a dedcated content developer or really would like to be one fill out the survey!
    But the Foundry Beta is especially signifigant and because of that they are looking for truly dedicated developers in order to get the most concise and constructive feedback possible.

^ This. Honestly I also think that they want the foundry content available on release to be the best it can possibly be. Only giving access to the foundry to hand picked alpha and beta testers means that they can at least ensure that the people they give foundry access to will create content that they've at least seriously considered and developed. If they gave access to everyone and their brother during the beta weekends(especially the third) they would probably end up with a lot content that was not nearly as good as they hope the best foundry content will be and I don't think that's the first impression of the foundry they want to give.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    devoneauxdevoneaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Can we have a link to this survey?
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    devoneaux wrote: »
    Can we have a link to this survey?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?64551-Foundry-Authors-Beta-test-signups!

The actual survey link, as shown in that post is, https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BCQFKJY
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • Options
    wonkywonderwonkywonder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    It's stickied in the Neverwinter Discussion Forums :D

Go to this thread and follow the instructions. Best of luck to everybody.
  • Options
    soiledostrichsoiledostrich Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Against. If you are a real enthusiast then I would not want you to miss out on something like that. Though I do not think it should be added in. Like the above it should be a small group, one I would like to think the moderators could do something about passing a message along about a certain few hard core fans of it like yourself.
  • Options
    xeiken1xeiken1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm against, is a completely different thing as I see it, although they could give us access to the Alpha test to be honest... :)
  • Options
    mistral94mistral94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    geddings12 wrote: »
    Now it seems you have to sign up for yet another seperate beta...which is nice but the whole point of the hero of the north pack was to get into all the beta weekends (well gaurdens were able to too)

If you think the whole point of a founders pack is to get into beta you bought it for all the wrong reasons. The point of the Foundry beta is to find bugs and other issues in the Foundry that Cryptic and alpha testers may have over looked, not to see if you like it more that STO's. I'd rather Cryptic gave a vast majority of the slots in the Foundry beta to experienced map makers as they will be the ones that will really notice the issues and the rest of the slots to completely random people that have signed up because fresh eyes are always the best. If they give it to people based solely on status (hero or guardian for example) then I will be disappointed.

I am against this petition.
  • Options
    kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited March 2013
    Aint gonna petition, was hoping to get a shot at the foundry during beta though since i want to try to get my own story's in. But since i'm bad at storytelling and i'm not 100% sure if its something ill do permanently i wont sign up, gl for those who do though but if you sign up do it to test out what you can do and get some awesome story's out.
  • Options
    infrasoundxinfrasoundx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited March 2013
    STO foundry looks to be very similar? Get familiar with that
  • Options
    mustymusty Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    From the Neverwinter Foundry video's there have been significant differences and changes between STO's and Neverwinter's Tool-set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Website Dedicated to Foundry Tutorials: www.NWUGC.com Twitter: @NWUGC
    Check out my Foundry Adventures and don't forget to Rate them!

Gold or Bones!!
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2013

You mean they are looking for somebody like me? :p Tons of experience with other UGC tools and the guild leader of a guild that will revolve around the creation of UGC? *Crosses Fingers* I sure hope so. Because as happy as I was to play the game last beta weekend. I wanted to spend 99% of my time creating foundry content, and testing the limit of the tools..
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited March 2013
    has no life, no job, is older, and has all the time in the world to create content. sign me up any day.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

I am against this petition.

The pack never mentions anything about the foundry except when the game goes live, you do not have to play to level 15 before you can access the foundry.

Also, they never mentioned that using the foundry would be a part of the beta weekends.

Blind assumption of features is your fault, not dishonesty on their part.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No to this petition.

Fill out the survey, and if you have the required talents/experience, you might get in.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I don't care what they do as long as the best of the best of the best is in there to make it gooder then good!
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    I don't care what they do as long as the best of the best of the best is in there to make it gooder then good!

Best reply in this thread. You will play a dwarf I bet?
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    Best reply in this thread. You will play a dwarf I bet?

prolly a drow... ;P I shouldn't of said that, but couldn't resist

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAH!

The rivers flow yellow in the Mines of Hoopty!!!! .... aahhhhhh that sounds gross... river flows brown... ewwww not to good either....

The Mines of Hoop hold the best hops!!!!! Grand rivers of ale flow deep and wide, this side of the mountain!!!!
    Much better .....
  • Options
    friar1976friar1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd love access to the Foundry so that I can begin planning more readily for my Homemade Adventure. Also, I have Heroes of the North pack and so...

Though not all of my ideas are reflected by what the reader says,
    I support this thread.
  • Options
    scootmienscootmien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 70
    edited March 2013
    I'd also like this. I used to be a content creator for NWN and missed out on the Foundry beta access survey. So being able to get into the Foundry beta would be enormously beneficial to me to get me ready for launch.
  • Options
    doug200463doug200463 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    geddings12 wrote: »

Just my thoughts. We Hero of the Norths people have put down money in good faith to support your game so could you throw us a bone maybe and include us in the foundry test as well? thanks! :-). (or at least at the very least consider our applications of higher priority :-p.

Exactly why I do not BLINDLY buy games anymore. Against the petition
    Clerics need a BUFF! Not a Nerf! Or create another healing class thats able to heal a group well...