test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ooze monsters?

reaperking66reaperking66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
will ooze monsters be in NWO and will they have a destructive effect on weapons and armor?
to the players: do you want them in NWO?
Post edited by reaperking66 on

Comments

• Options
    desyumidesyumi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to mix alcohol with it and have myself some ooze shots.
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    will ooze monsters be in NWO and will they have a destructive effect on weapons and armor?
    to the players: do you want them in NWO?

No, I hate item destroying monsters. If they retool them to not destroy items fine. There is a reason why "Heros" have their named weapons forever in stories. The authors rarely have them get their weapons destroyed by lame monsters. Named weapons are cool plot devices, destroying them on a whim with a slime or ooze is lame in my opinion.
  • Options
    devoneauxdevoneaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    keirkin wrote: »
    No, I hate item destroying monsters. If they retool them to not destroy items fine. There is a reason why "Heros" have their named weapons forever in stories. The authors rarely have them get their weapons destroyed by lame monsters. Named weapons are cool plot devices, destroying them on a whim with a slime or ooze is lame in my opinion.

i'd be all for item destroying monsters, like a dragon with acid saliva that melts swords or something...But slimes? Feh that's lame!
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I disagree with you guys. I love the odd item destroying monster. Oozes, Slimes, Rust Monsters; bring em on! The more variety the better.
  • Options
    chthonicmythoschthonicmythos Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    If they had an "Item wear/repair" mechanic then maybe. But to just up and break your stuff? Nein!
  • Options
    granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can tell you that without a doubt I encountered an ooze monster in the beta. It did not destroy items.
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Sure put them in let them destroy gear. But here is the kicker they need to be in a dungeon that has high reward to go with the risk of gear loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Seen video of a rather LARGE green cube that might be gelatinous.
  • Options
    beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 696 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sure as long as they bring in the psyonic content from D&D to counter that =P

• Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Seen video of a rather LARGE green cube that might be gelatinous.

Yeah there is confirmation from others that the totally awesome Gelatinous Cube is in the game. Personally, I'd like to see a Carrion Crawler, probably my favorite monster from the ancient times, when you couldn't really buy (or need) the d10.

As for item destroying mobs, they were a useful thing to cart out as a DM when a party got too cocky. :)

In a MMO, they'd probably just degrade stats, until you repaired or restored the item somehow. Otherwise players would howl and oh my goodness, players now how to howl very, very loudly if they feel their character has suffered egregiously. :)

Black Puddings and Ochre Jellies were never my favorite thing. A Rust Monster on the other hand. You could scare the pants out of a party with a few Rust Monsters...

rust+monster+dmg+will+mclean+cartoon.JPG
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Devs, please don't allow weapons to be completely destroyed. Some of us tend to miss important tooltips.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    ryger5 wrote: »
    Yeah there is confirmation from others that the totally awesome Gelatinous Cube is in the game. Personally, I'd like to see a Carrion Crawler, probably my favorite monster from the ancient times, when you couldn't really buy (or need) the d10.

As for item destroying mobs, they were a useful thing to cart out as a DM when a party got too cocky. :)

In a MMO, they'd probably just degrade stats, until you repaired or restored the item somehow. Otherwise players would howl and oh my goodness, players now how to howl very, very loudly if they feel their character has suffered egregiously. :)

Black Puddings and Ochre Jellies were never my favorite thing. A Rust Monster on the other hand. You could scare the pants out of a party with a few Rust Monsters...

I had a Halfing Rogue who made a killing selling Otugyh to rich nobles. The fact it gave him access to their detailed plans of their sewer systems had nothing to do with it though ;)
  • Options
    kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    I saw the cbe as many others did but he didnt destroyed any of my items either. He did swallow my companion (he suffered damage over time and couldnt move being stuck inside the cube) but he didnt managed to hit me.