test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

why go to neverwinter

stucool66stucool66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
working on a story for my character. my question is, at the time of the game setting, why should I travel to Neverwinter? is there a particular event going on? I read a little about mount hotenow and the eruption causing the chasm. any helpful info would be cool. thx
Post edited by stucool66 on

Comments

• gilbeggerbgilbeggerb Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2013
    Have you read this? Gives a fairly brief and vague reason, but a reason none the less.

But I'm sure you can have your own reasons! I know they don't have alignments and they don't let you choose evil gods, but I think it'd be cool to be an evil character hoping to further the influence of some evil organization by lending Neverwinter a helpful hand and becoming invaluable to it's people. Just a thought. Whatever you feel like saying, I guess. It is D&D, after all (though some would disagree with me).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit for image to Shiaika. I just stole it!
  • ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Background story is pretty much RA Salvatore's gauntlgrym books.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Gauntlgrym_(novel)

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Neverwinter_(novel)

I haven't read the third book yet so I'm not sure if it's before after or during these events. But after the second book I know valindra has full control over szass tam's forces and Herzgo and the shadovar are subtly infiltrating the ranks of the city. Sounds pretty well where we're at.

Edit: Forgot to post a point... The point of going to neverwinter at this time could be helping to rebuild the once great city, hatred of the undead and battling against szass tam, or less noble motives such as getting a foothold in controlling the city during it's strife and profiting from the citizens downfalls.
  • stucool66stucool66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 80
    edited February 2013
    thanks for the replies