test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What was your favorite multi-class build?

krubarkrubar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 841 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I hope that multi classes will be added to this game in the future. My favorite multi I think from neverwinter nights was the rouge/wizard/shadow dancer.
What is your fav multi?
I also liked to get weapon master for my melee class and tried to get devastating criticals.
Post edited by krubar on

Comments

• Options
    demonknight33demonknight33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Given that they are going with "builds" instead of traditional "classes" (great weapon fighter and guardian fighter instead of just fighter), I highly doubt we will ever see multiclass characters in this game. Also, I think the rules for multiclassing are a little wonky in 4e, I never did quite figure them out myself. That said, one of my favorite splits from NWN2 was 19barbarian/1bard/10red dragon disciple. Crazy high strength and con possible with that one. That and a 20fighter/10weapon master with a katana.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    krubar wrote: »
    I hope that multi classes will be added to this game in the future. My favorite multi I think from neverwinter nights was the rouge/wizard/shadow dancer.
    What is your fav multi?
    I also liked to get weapon master for my melee class and tried to get devastating criticals.
    Multiclasses work differently in 4e. Cross class customization is different and is divided to two different categories - multiclassing and hybrid.

Check here on how multiclassing and hybrid work in 4e:-

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=371061#post371061

Basically, unless you are bard, you can only multiclass from 2.

Hybrid can be made from max of three - but hybrid means hybrid and not class+class. i.e. if you hybrid fighter and mage, at each level you will get "fighter+mage" and not this level fighter and that level mage. In hybrid, you can hybrid first 10 classes as class A+ClassB and then last 10 levels as ClassA+ClassC. But you loose more customization in form of Paragon etc. so it is not recommended to hybrid more than two classes.
  • Options
    kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited February 2013
    I guess there might be a multiclass class in D&D terms but it will be a class of its own in the game, IE Fighter+Wizard would be a class of its own and be called something like Battlemage and use magic and weapon attacks and be wearing heavy armour from level 1.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kotli wrote: »
    I guess there might be a multiclass class in D&D terms but it will be a class of its own in the game, IE Fighter+Wizard would be a class of its own and be called something like Battlemage and use magic and weapon attacks and be wearing heavy armour from level 1.
    No battlemage can wear Heavy armor from level 1.

Swordmage is a Forgotten Realms secific class - it wears robes.

If you hybrid Fighter+Mage - you get to wear robes.

If you multiclass - you cannot get mage+fighter with that. Multiclass means you are the same calss you started with - just that you learn 3-4 tricks of other class later in your life. So a fighter who multiclasses wizard would be a fighter who can poorly use 1-2 spells of wizard - but he will only learn them very later in level curve(i.e. later in life).
  • Options
    jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In Tabletop, I really liked Ranger/Druid.

In DDO, I LOVED Ranger/Rogue.
  • Options
    infrasoundxinfrasoundx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    Cleric/Fighter/Neo-Ottugh!
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    TBH the only one I ever played is a Fighter/MU so it is my favorite
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trikirantrikiran Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Bard/Rogue/Dragon Disciple.

If max level is super high then I'd throw in shadow or assassin in there to to get crazy crits.
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    No battlemage can wear Heavy armor from level 1.

If you're Human you get a bonus feat, and you can spend one feat for Leather, then one for Chain, which is heavy armor.
    If you hybrid Fighter+Mage - you get to wear robes.

Unless you spend a feat on Hybrid Talent to gain the Fighter's armor proficiency feature.
    If you multiclass - you cannot get mage+fighter with that. Multiclass means you are the same calss you started with - just that you learn 3-4 tricks of other class later in your life. So a fighter who multiclasses wizard would be a fighter who can poorly use 1-2 spells of wizard - but he will only learn them very later in level curve(i.e. later in life).

Yes, but you do count as both classes for all purposes.

But, ultimately, in 4E, there's usually very little reason to wear heavy armor on a Wizard, because you can add INT to AC. Leather makes a lot of sense; +2 AC for one feat that has no stat prereqs is a very good deal. Only downside is a lot of the best Wizard armors are Cloth-only.

In Neverwinter, the idea of a Battlemage who wears heavy armor sound cool to me, no matter how it works in 4E.
  • Options
    ryger5ryger5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was never a huge fan of multi-class, but I really liked prestige classes (I know, kind of the opposite of popular opinion).

Still back in the old 1e days, I had an Gnome Illusionist/Thief that was a delight, a very fun combo indeed.
    BalarSig103B.jpg
    SHADOW - A secret cabal for those who thirst for wealth and power.
    Check out SHADOW on YouTube!
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    First edition AD&D Fighter/Magic-user/Thief.
  • Options
    azorylazoryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 42
    edited February 2013
    Multi-class was always a bad idea... no matter the version.

In high level campaigns they were always a hinderance.... a level 20 Wizard is still way more powerful then a 10 Fighter/10 Wizard.

Where multiclassing really hits it's stride is in NPCs. That way they can fill out stories nicely and allow for some flair and rule fudging when needed.

House rule was always ... Players could not mutliclass... Which is why we hated 3.5 .... was to much... got to take class x y and z so I can get class A.
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My favorite multiclass is from 3E from Neverwinter Nights which was Cleric-20/ Fighter-4/ Weapon master-16. Very fun build, even though I didn't have room for Devastating Crit, I made room for Overwhelming Crit and TONS of buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Arcane Trickster was always really fun. But 4E's multiclass really killed that type of play since they wanted to kill Prestige class overpowering.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was never really into multi-classing, but when the rules for it came out in 4E, I made a human Warlord/Wizard and it was enormous fun. The Warlord has a high-Int build and multi classing gave me a Wizard power or two which really made me feel different than the other fighters out there.