test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Class Build Forums?

senseijohnsenseijohn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 90
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm curious... why are there "Class Build" forums when there is actually no "BUILDING" that can be done?

Can we call them what they are... CLASS TEMPLATE forums?

The COMPLETE LACK of flexibility in this game is STAGGERING. No way to customize your character AT ALL... oh wait... you can pick which powers go on your action bar.

Unlike nearly every single other MMO out there... there is very little to customize about your character.

It's a shame... I see this game losing interest quickly.
Post edited by senseijohn on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe it's a sign that freeform class builds are in the works.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    xervaixervai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Maybe it's a sign that freeform class builds are in the works.

Yeah I somehow doubt that. You can build your character with different feats, paragon choices, and power choices. Pretty sure that constitutes a "build" in their eyes. Either that and its just old terminology that they never got rid of. Like the "Daily power" being called that because you used to have to rest by the fire to use them.
  • Options
    streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think that they just wanted a placeholder for discussion of classes.

Honestly I think they should bring the headers from the public board breaking down the classes and let people talk about them, this will lead to a more structured conversation on the different classes.
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    sheepdog3sheepdog3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You do get to modify your stats too...so that could be part of the "build"....then again, not sure how much stats truly affect something. Does a rogue say with 16 Str (dumb I know but hypothetically) and 16 Dex, do more dmg than a rogue with 13 Str and 18 Dex?
    All feats and everything else being equal.
    "We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world...The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog...He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep...Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep...Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.
  • Options
    blazemuffin69blazemuffin69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love to see a discussion of feats, etc. for each class.
  • Options
    muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well considering this is part of the beta forums, they probalby originally intended for/hoped people would post their thoughts on the classes here. A place to discuss the pluses and minuses of each class, and your/our thoughts on what needed to be improved. I doubt they wanted a bunch of theory crafting going on here.
  • Options
    elveelve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 336
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, no class building can be done. Only choosing what active powers to use, which traits to level up, which paragon paths you take, what ability scores you increase and what stats you should stack via items. No class building at all.