test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogue Daily: Lurker's Assault

squibshotsquibshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
edited March 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Originally, I had this posted in another thread. However, it is more appropriate here!

Lurke's Assault was my primary daily when fighting small groups of enemies or single target; incredibly fun power. However, i found it very hard to play graphically. When everything goes black & white representing the Shadowfell, i had a hard time managing my cooldowns and stealth meter while the ability was in effect (it could just be me). It would be perfect if it were changed to the Shadowfell you enter in a later area (name eludes me atm but do purple robe baddies ring a bell?). Everything had very subdued color - not black and white. This, in my opinion, is also a better representation of the Shadowfell than the Lurker's Assault daily which claims to take you there.

My question/concern is this: Can the graphic please be modified slightly to ease visual play?
Post edited by squibshot on

Comments

• bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Have you tried upping your brightness? I've noticed the default tends to be a bit dark. But if you up it. It's a lot easier to see the splats on the ground.
  • gothispheregothisphere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have you tried upping your brightness? I've noticed the default tends to be a bit dark. But if you up it. It's a lot easier to see the splats on the ground.

I have no experience with this game yet, but just wanted to add in that I am finding that I need to up the brightness in a lot of new released video games lately. I'm not sure if it is due to a current trend in graphics, or I'm just getting old.
  • riepahriepah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please don't touch the graphics effects of that ability, because I love them just the way they are. Might make it a little more difficult to see the mean, red circles on the floor while it's active, but I don't mind a little risk being involved.
  • securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I actually think that is an intended downside to the ability is the difficulty to see, otherwise the skill is just too overpowered. Honestly it already is so good that it makes the other daily's practically useless, even using it for just the damage bonus it easily does twice the damage of any of your other daily powers and that's not even considering that you can at-will from stealth the entire time with the ability and take no damage and as long as you do not use an encounter power your stealth will not drop drop off while it is going, it actually just stays full the entire time pretty much until the power drops off.

One thing I think people do not realize is that stealth breaks if you use an encounter power even if you just went into stealth. The trick is to autoattack in stealth until right before your stealth is going to drop then use one of your encounters to either extend the stealth or get the damage bonus.
  • bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    This was my boss killer ability. I found whirlwind of steel to better in groups since it hits like a freaking truck.
  • hopeless2hopeless2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    I found this daily dangerous to use on higher level Dungeon Bosses because I could not easily see the ground aoe circles.
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not only could I not see any danger-circles on the ground, I could not easily tell when I was in Stealth (suppose I should have just STAYED in stealth the whole time, but did not realize that was possible)... in general, though, the visual effects are SO jarring that I almost never used it aside from maybe one or two fights just experimenting with it. Considering how good it is (said to be) I'd LIKE to use it, but it's just too hard to see.
  • toxicgravitotoxicgravito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I agree with OP. The graphical effect is distracting to the point where I'm thinking about dropping it for another Daily. It's not "Overpowered" and it's a lot of fun to use and ups your DPS for a short time, but if the idea that it's distracting is part of the whole idea, I'd rather take a small nerf and be able to see properly than have to deal with "WTF am I hitting? I didn't see that AOE. I don't know if I'm in stealth anymore."
  • lightdragon999lightdragon999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i think it's more so a camera UI bug. i mean yea the camera is horrible in this game and there's so much on the UI i'm kinda surprise i don't lag way more but the weird part is when i pop this my fps increases and it's so much easier to walk around a mob and get back crits then it is to teleport and get that 1-3 sec lag or just have things circle u when u try to run behind them normally
  • vinzovinzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited March 2013
    braxzana wrote: »
    Not only could I not see any danger-circles on the ground, I could not easily tell when I was in Stealth (suppose I should have just STAYED in stealth the whole time, but did not realize that was possible)... in general, though, the visual effects are SO jarring that I almost never used it aside from maybe one or two fights just experimenting with it. Considering how good it is (said to be) I'd LIKE to use it, but it's just too hard to see.

^^ This. Like you I would really like to use it, but found myself using the others simply because it made it so hard to see anything. At that point I was just button mashing. I thought it was my old eyes, but from what Im hearing its not just me WOOT