test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF gameplay footage from Prefect World EU

apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The youtube channel of Perfect World EU has uploaded a new video where one of the french representitives plays as a Great-Weapon Fighter and the other one as a Control Wizard. It looks like the footage itself is only from the GWF perspective.

http://youtu.be/dTyCyB9JViY?t=3m
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by apostles on

Comments

• Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh cool, this is different from the German one. Nice find!
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Hey maybe this one will actually use his skills.
  • Options
    zeruinzeruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This video is definately better than the German vid.. He regularly uses his skills in fights..

Anyone wanna take a guess what the GWF Tab skill is? It looks like a sprint. He uses it pretty well to dodge and move around combat in his first boss fight vs the Red Wizard.

Is this something you think we might be able to change?
  • Options
    apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    zeruin wrote: »
    Anyone wanna take a guess what the GWF Tab skill is? It looks like a sprint. He uses it pretty well to dodge and move around combat in his first boss fight vs the Red Wizard.
    I think the sprint/dash is his SHIFT skill (like rogue's roll or wizard's teleport), because each time he uses it some of his stamina is used up.

I haven't yet seen him use the TAB skill. The icon for it lights up only when the yellow leftsided Greatweapon bar is at least half full. And I also noticed, when they opened the skill window, the same TAB skill icon was under the class skills named as Unstoppable (lvl10). I would guess it's some kind of a powerful attack buff or move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeruinzeruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    apostles wrote: »
    I think the sprint/dash is his SHIFT skill (like rogue's roll or wizard's teleport), because each time he uses it some of his stamina is used up.

I haven't yet seen him use the TAB skill. The icon for it lights up only when the yellow leftsided Greatweapon bar is at least half full. And I also noticed, when they opened the skill window, the same TAB skill icon was under the class skills named as Unstoppable (lvl10). I would guess it's some kind of a powerful attack buff or move.

Yea, i just noticed that as well.. instead of using a whole half tab of stamina, the sprint seems to steadily drain his stamina allowing multiple short dashes, or 1 long sprint.
  • Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, this one was definitely better than the German one. Saw some interesting stuff there. I like the sprinting mechanic, pretty cool that you can use it for quick little sprints even when the stamina bar is less than half full.

Also noticed that he had two different kinds of stacking buffs. The first one gained a stack every time he hit anyone, up to 5 stacks, and it looked to me like it increased his attack speed. Whenever he had 5 stacks of that one, he was attacking quite fast. The other one also stacked up to 5, but only gained a stack whenever he hit three or more enemies with a single attack. That was actually his level 10 class feature passive, you could read the tooltip for it at one point. That one gave a cumulative +3% damage bonus per stack. So when he had five stacks of both up, he was doing +15% damage and a nice boost to his attack speed.

Not sure what determination (the class feature bar to the left of the character) actually did for him, it just built up as he attacked, and started to drain away after he got out of combat. He never actually used the Tab ability that lit up whenever he had the bar half-filled or more. Maybe it only enables the use of that ability, or maybe the bar filling up increases damage dealt or mitigated passively as well.

None of the powers' tooltips specify any special alternate effects when determination is up, unlike the cleric's channel divinity, or the rogue's stealth. But I did notice a couple of the encounter powers specifically said that they added extra determination when used, based on number of targets.

I can't wait to get my hands on this class so I can see what it's really capable of!
  • Options
    sundraconsundracon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I noticed the Roar and Daring Shout encounter powers increase determination based upon how many targets you hit. Daring Shout also marks the targets(taunt) and increases your mitigation based upon how strong the target is. Roar also has an interrupt/push effect.

Restoring Strike(encounter) looks nice also as it heals you based upon how much damage you do on a 15 second cooldown that can be reduced by feats.

It looks like you also build determination when taking damage while charging Reaping Strike(at-will).
    [SIGPIC]Gayme 0n[/SIGPIC]
    Rhun, Halfing Fighter of the Greater Weapons
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Also looks like Reaver isn't stupid anymore. Or has been replaced with a type of heroic leap.
  • Options
    oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Edit: repetitive, sorry.
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
  • Options
    mintyfizmintyfiz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    OOH! the wizard magic missile animation is looking so much better.
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Things I noticed about this new gameplay:

1: Great Weapon Fighter looks like a lot of fun, and it seems like he has taunting/tanking abilities, making him a viable off-tank. Definitely looks like the class for anyone who enjoyed the Champion in LOTRO.

2: The Wizard was being followed around by a white named character named "Robert", even though it was a girl. I highly believe this to be a hireling or a Pet. Perhaps you can get pets/followers that are from the different classes, ALA SWTOR?

3: Girls seem to wear fully covering clothing. This deeply impresses me, as I was treating the game like it'd go the Koran route: Lots of gaudy equipment with shoulder plates bigger than one's head, and teeny tiny strips of clothing, especially for casters.

4: Magic Missle animation has been updated, a lot of the animations in the trailer seem to have been replaced/upgraded, movements seem a lot more fluid and powerful.

5: That Devoted Cleric is really stingy with the heals. Can companions not use class abilities, or do they only use it on the one that summoned them (like Hirelings from DDO)?

6: Enemies can burst damage you down really quickly if you don't watch yourself and have an ample supply of potions on hand.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Merveilleux!!!

Some interresting things there.

He says that they will probably be in the next weekend and also states that there wont be any character wipes after open beta is over, only after the closed beta weekends. So early start is the open beta?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Hmm actually looks like it might be playing. Especially if they have replaced Reaver with a skill that isn't stupid. Wouldn't mind tanking but find block to be clunky, and want to play a Half-Orc who are now apparently going to be ingame at launch.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thecain wrote: »
    Things I noticed about this new gameplay:

1: Great Weapon Fighter looks like a lot of fun, and it seems like he has taunting/tanking abilities, making him a viable off-tank. Definitely looks like the class for anyone who enjoyed the Champion in LOTRO.

2: The Wizard was being followed around by a white named character named "Robert", even though it was a girl. I highly believe this to be a hireling or a Pet. Perhaps you can get pets/followers that are from the different classes, ALA SWTOR?

3: Girls seem to wear fully covering clothing. This deeply impresses me, as I was treating the game like it'd go the Koran route: Lots of gaudy equipment with shoulder plates bigger than one's head, and teeny tiny strips of clothing, especially for casters.

4: Magic Missle animation has been updated, a lot of the animations in the trailer seem to have been replaced/upgraded, movements seem a lot more fluid and powerful.

5: That Devoted Cleric is really stingy with the heals. Can companions not use class abilities, or do they only use it on the one that summoned them (like Hirelings from DDO)?

6: Enemies can burst damage you down really quickly if you don't watch yourself and have an ample supply of potions on hand.

On point 1, he says that one of the three feat trees is for tanking, one for damage and the other for action point gathering.
  • Options
    chaoticgoblinchaoticgoblin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    Awesome, nice find!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm also pretty sure that isn't Magic Missile that the Wizard is casting but some sort of lighting orb. So possibly another at will.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thecain wrote: »

You get a quest to get your first companion around level 16, and can choose a man at arms (fighter tank), cleric, wizard, or wolf (DPS) companion. About ten levels later, there are two more quests which reward a man at arms and cleric. This was very near the level cap, so I expect the man at arms and wolf are also quest rewards after 30.

You can also purchase a ghost companion (controller) and hawk (DPS) with a boat load of astral diamonds.

Companions have only one or two skills. I liked my cleric. She kept my guardian healed fine. But in the video she's accompanying two players and the fighter is not her owner, so I'm guessing she is using her heals on the wizard who is her owner.
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gw fighter looks great on this :)
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Awesome vid! Love that he actually uses his powers. Hope this is in Beta 2! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    razorrxgdb wrote: »
    Awesome vid! Love that he actually uses his powers. Hope this is in Beta 2! :)

He said they should probably both be there
  • Options
    veltor1234veltor1234 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited February 2013
    can anyone re release it with a translation:)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Maybe i can make a summary tonight if i have the time.