test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogue weapons

pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in PvE Discussion
Currently level 27 and I have only ever gotten daggers as loot drop except for one time I got a hand axe. Will we have more options as rogues ?

I was dearly hoping I could use a feat to be able to use rapiers on a rogue.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Neverwinter Thieves Guild
Post edited by pilf3r on

Comments

• Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    sofar at 18 only daggers that as far as i can see uses same model, my fighter friend seen a axe and a orc modeled sword sofar, followed by me cursing alot and him being all LOL.

Please help us Cryptic, you're our only hope!
  • Options
    mothdrumsmothdrums Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah I got the hand axe and was stoked!
    enginsizesig2_zps97620aec.jpg
  • Options
    felix1252felix1252 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Currently level 27 and I have only ever gotten daggers as loot drop except for one time I got a hand axe. Will we have more options as rogues ?

I was dearly hoping I could use a feat to be able to use rapiers on a rogue.

Trickster rogue is just one type of rogue i think so they might bring out another rogue class who uses a different weapon
    Looking for a friendly english speaking EU Guild.
  • Options
    caverndragoncaverndragon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    felix1252 wrote: »
    Trickster rogue is just one type of rogue i think so they might bring out another rogue class who uses a different weapon

Sure hope so. I love my DnD rogues
    If it moves, KILL IT!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They plan to but no idea when.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Sigh I so wanted to play a brutal scoundrel using rapiers but alas I don't beleive this will be possible anymore. I will play this game and enjoy it for the game it is.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arcanum70arcanum70 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Sigh I so wanted to play a brutal scoundrel using rapiers but alas I don't beleive this will be possible anymore. I will play this game and enjoy it for the game it is.......

Yeah, that is pretty much what I resigned myself to doing. Honestly, after 3.0 I stopped playing D&D, so a lot of the 4th edition stuff is lost on me anyway. However, since I have been playing D&D since the original Basic (yes, I am that old) (with the pointy D4's of death...you REALLY did not want to step on them), I think I'll pick it up pretty quick.
  • Options
    zanarkheneldzanarkheneld Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It would be cool to have a rapier and dagger rogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You know, I actually Love the fact that the current rogue uses daggers/knives. I totally agree that there is room for more options, but I do love my knife stabbity mcStabbity guy.
  • Options
    terrorkazuterrorkazu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Dagger are just fine, no more other weapon classes are needed. I like the fighting Design to much !
  • Options
    jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i should hope they can use short/long swords and rapiers.
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    sword options and some 1h axes would be nice.. i love daggers but ONLY daggers gets pretty boring to look at
  • Options
    elthuzarelthuzar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    So is the rogue forced to use dual weapon?
    Call me old fashioned (or just old) but I really miss just having one weapon, whether it be shortsword, rapier, longsword or dagger. Not a fan of everything being dual wielding in RPGs lately.
  • Options
    goose1009goose1009 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think this same argument should go for the other classes as well. There is no reason the Fighter shouldnt be able to use a mace or morningstar if they want. Keep it to 1h weapons, but at least open up the options. Same for the rogue.
    iCW4wKwOat1oO.png
  • Options
    koreannuskoreannus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's just a like wow, since this is also a theme park mmo , its okay.
  • Options
    lordryexlordryex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought they will still limit weapon and armor uses as per normal?
    And maybe increase available weapon and armor via feats? But still limited in such a way that not all will be offered?

I remember NWN you can get something like Longsword/martial weapon mastery for example since Rogues do not have it by default. Sorry foggy memory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure if it's ingame but Rogues do get +1 damage bonus to using daggers in the PnP version of fourth.
  • Options
    dallagardallagar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Rogues can learn to use any weapon you just have to use up a feat for it. PnP by the way not this game.
  • Options
    bruddajokkabruddajokka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    They do use more then just one type of weapon. I've seen video of one using a handaxe alongside a dagger. And there's plenty of video from Cryptic of each class using different weapons as well. I've seen Guardian Fighters using a shield as well as Longsword, Axes, and Maces. There's a great club that drops off a boss in Cloak Tower for the GWFighter, and there's video of Control Mages using staves.
  • Options
    gilbeggerbgilbeggerb Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2013
    ...and there's video of Control Mages using staves.

Do you have a link for that? This excites me. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit for image to Shiaika. I just stole it!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It was in one of the official trailers...not sure which. One of the earlier ones if I remember correctly but it might have been in one of the con recaps.
  • Options
    dioviperdioviper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yea I hope they plan on making more weapons usable for each class
  • Options
    novanine1novanine1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All classes should have restrictions on weapon utilization. Personally with rogues it's for primarily enforcing their key damage delivery system called backstabbing: which in reality is alot more difficult with longswords, rapiers. maces, hammers, etc....LOL!
    Daggers, knives, shortswords, small clubs(stuns), poisons, crossbows, staves, slings, shortbows, blinding dusts, smokebombs, throttlecords for neck choking dmg. and finally traps which should be a HUGE part implimented into NW unlike DDO..."What a joke?" traps are supposed to do big area effect dmg. Those listed above are the rogues integral aresenal and stealth of course.
    Being a rogue should not be laborous, it should be like a good ol smelly that skirts out, "swift, silent and deadly."
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    novanine1 wrote: »
    All classes should have restrictions on weapon utilization. Personally with rogues it's for primarily enforcing their key damage delivery system called backstabbing: which in reality is alot more difficult with longswords, rapiers. maces, hammers, etc....LOL!
    Daggers, knives, shortswords, small clubs(stuns), poisons, crossbows, staves, slings, shortbows, blinding dusts, smokebombs, throttlecords for neck choking dmg. and finally traps which should be a HUGE part implimented into NW unlike DDO..."What a joke?" traps are supposed to do big area effect dmg. Those listed above are the rogues integral aresenal and stealth of course.
    Being a rogue should not be laborous, it should be like a good ol smelly that skirts out, "swift, silent and deadly."

Yet they have rogues using one handed axes. Back stabbing isn't so much about the weapon but rather movement and concealment. When I started this thread it was to lament the poor choice of weapons. In all the content I have seen on rogues rogues have used daggers and I saw one axe in 30 levels.

I cannot say much more but it seems to me every class will have a very very very limited choice of weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's also not so much a back stab as its the sneak attack. Which is pretty much any attack the poor sod didn't see coming. ;)