test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Error

khyfuskhyfus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited March 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Question Reference #130208-000361

I was working with "Support Staff 26" on Friday the 8th to try and get this issue resolved so I could get into the beta this weekend. I had a Cryptic account from STO, account name Adonus. When I bought the Guardian pack and created a PWE account, it merged the two. Now when I log in on this site it comes up with Khyfus, my NW name, but doesn't show that I have beta access or anything, except when I click this link

https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey

even though I'm on these forums. When I log in on the client it says Welcome, Adonus, and I have an account error at the bottom and can't log in. So I uninstalled the game thinking I might try a fresh install, and now the download links are grayed out, where as they worked on the 8th! Very frustrating, I paid $ because I wanted to get in on the beta and now its looking like I'll have missed out on this entire weekend. Any chance for a fix?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide, please see the attachments for evidence of what I'm experiencing.
Post edited by khyfus on

Comments

• eltimacabraeltimacabra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Having essentially the same problem. I can log in to the forums, download the client etc, but when I try to log in to play the game it says "Account error, please click here for more information". The link just takes me to nw.perfectworld.com on the main page.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There's no beta this weekend. Next beta weekend starts March 8th.
  • daflapindaflapin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    "General accounts haven't been switched on yet. You need to buy one of the starter/founder packs."

I had the same problem and someone told me that. We just have to wait
  • pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ironically we that have beta keys but not founder packs have to wait for Open Beta in which you don't need a beta key to enter... typical PWI... pay to win even before the game is out.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Having essentially the same problem. I can log in to the forums, download the client etc, but when I try to log in to play the game it says "Account error, please click here for more information". The link just takes me to nw.perfectworld.com on the main page.

The Beta isn't online so you're bound to get account errors.
    daflapin wrote: »
    "General accounts haven't been switched on yet. You need to buy one of the starter/founder packs."

I had the same problem and someone told me that. We just have to wait

Even founders cannot log in as, stated above, the beta is not online.
    pallier wrote: »
    ironically we that have beta keys but not founder packs have to wait for Open Beta in which you don't need a beta key to enter... typical PWI... pay to win even before the game is out.

No, you don't. You need to wait for the beta to come online.

Certain keys allow access to certain beta weekends. If yours doesn't grant you access to Weekend 2, wait until Weekend 3 or purchase a founders pack.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • pallierpallier Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've had this key since before Weekend 2 and it doesn't work for any weekends. basically your saying that my key only works for OPEN BETA aka... since I didn't pay for it its no good.... again PAY TO WIN
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Pay to beta = the lamez.

Please post a clear message on the launcher so this is clear.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • seawalker13seawalker13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 229 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Well shucks, I saw a forum announcement that said "Here it is! Download Now!" So I spent some time downloading and installing a game I can't use. No key, not a beta tester. I guess I wait. :) I did put the download time to good use, filed my nails and worked on my manicure.

Something other than "Account error" would be nice for those of us waiting for the general release. Pretty please? I actually thought I did something bad there for a few minutes (as long as it took me to find this thread.)
  • sparrowspikesparrowspike Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've never understood paying for BETA...
    The Devs want us to test their game.
  • princecharmingsprincecharmings Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anyone know why when I press New post i can't post anything?
  • galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    AT the very least to allow us to login so we can patch up the client even if we are not allowed into the game servers
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • adigvadigv Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    same error to me, won a beta key and a mount and guess what, i can't login. after i've read some things i've find out that many "founders" cand play, the rest not, typicaly pwi.. :-j np, make lame errors and lame marketing so TESO will smash every new game out there.. that's it for me, won't try the game again..
  • redoktober21redoktober21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Having same issue, except with beta code I activated. The download option had been unhighlighted stating that I had to wait for the next invites before being able to download. This weekend I checked back and it says DL now! So I did. Tried to reset password 7 times, will not let me, says error every time when I try to launch the game. I also worked with support and had no resolve yet. Its misleading as a community to be shown the door and not have the key, though stated other wise. I activated a beta key the 2/18. Like I mentioned above the website stated previously that I could not download because of what ever issue.
  • qggrqggr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    same prob QQ
  • blabbityblahblabbityblah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got a founders and I can't play either.
  • redoktober21redoktober21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well FINALLY Support informs me of: Its not a BETA weekend and blah. So where does the blame for their website saying I could DL the client when last week and ever after my beta key was registered on 2/18 the download was greyed out. I am not happy, spent 4-5 hours trouble shooting over a what? Even had support say your account is free and clear, you should have no issues playing. You have to have some accountability with your customers. While the news says beta weekend etc., it does not excuse the obvious fault on your misinformation website that says otherwise.
  • yoazismynyoazismyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ugh, why did they let me download on Monday. Now I have to wait all week before I can play.
  • blabbityblahblabbityblah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well I just found out that I can't even play period. I paid 19.99 and I don't have access to beta? wtf kind of whacked out business is this?
    edited February 2013
    Well I just found out that I can't even play period. I paid 19.99 and I don't have access to beta? wtf kind of whacked out business is this?

One that gives you what you pay for?

http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack

Note how the Starter Pack doesn't list beta access, but the others do? You paid for some extra stuff when the game launches. That's it.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've already read from a Forum Moderator that "non-Founder pack" beta keys only apply BEGINNING with Beta (Weekend) #2 - Founders had Beta 1, other keys (STO/CO Lifetimers, Magazine Promos, etc) begin with Beta Weekend number 2, which is March 8th.

Some may not even work until Beta 3, March 24th.

I'd link to that official comment (I think it's the "Extended FAQ" - but I don;t have it handy-dandy right now.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think the only teasing thing is that it says "Server Status" and it's green aka Online.

So for clarification: 59.99 and 199.99 Founder Packs are also not in at this moment, no one is except maybe media personnel. Correct?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrfappmeistermrfappmeister Member Posts: 38
    edited February 2013
    So this is what official FAQ says:

'Q: How much will Neverwinter cost? Will there be a subscription required?

Neverwinter will be a free-to-play game. There will be no cost for the client, and no subscription fee will be required.'

I downloaded, installed and just wanted to try as 'standard' not beta , since main page stated tha i can just f2p like for example Warhammer online. So why I am getting this "account error"? Its not true then that this f2p? There are only that free weekends?
    edited February 2013
    So this is what official FAQ says:

'Q: How much will Neverwinter cost? Will there be a subscription required?

Neverwinter will be a free-to-play game. There will be no cost for the client, and no subscription fee will be required.'

I downloaded, installed and just wanted to try as 'standard' not beta , since main page stated tha i can just f2p like for example Warhammer online. So why I am getting this "account error"? Its not true then that this f2p? There are only that free weekends?

The operative word there is "will". The game hasn't been released yet. It's only closed beta. There is no "standard" to try. The only beta weekend we've had so far required buying a founder's pack for entrance.

Once the game is released, it will all free-to-play all the time.
  • johnkewljohnkewl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    really excited for the March 8 BETA
  • mrfappmeistermrfappmeister Member Posts: 38
    edited February 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    The operative word there is "will". The game hasn't been released yet. It's only closed beta. There is no "standard" to try. The only beta weekend we've had so far required buying a founder's pack for entrance.

Once the game is released, it will all free-to-play all the time.

Thanks for the info, Quorforged, everything is clear, at last. They should post something like this in the main page or FAQ.
  • kawajalamkawajalam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hello im new in this game.. i have 1 problem.. after i installed this game, im try to connect to server, then they said account error.. what should i do .. plss help me.. thanx
  • thrynsystthrynsyst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kawajalam wrote: »
    hello im new in this game.. i have 1 problem.. after i installed this game, im try to connect to server, then they said account error.. what should i do .. plss help me.. thanx

The game has not been released for general play as yet. Its current status in in Closed Beta, and the next scheduled Closed Beta Test is only going to start on 8 March. Only those who have been flagged to participate will be able to playtest at that time.
  • kawajalamkawajalam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thrynsyst wrote: »
    The game has not been released for general play as yet. Its current status in in Closed Beta, and the next scheduled Closed Beta Test is only going to start on 8 March. Only those who have been flagged to participate will be able to playtest at that time.

thanx for helping.. that mean after 8 March i can register and play NW?

Really thanx ..