test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

great weapon fighter gameplay

warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://de.twitch.tv/perfectworldeu/c/1947261 this pwe eu
release and it is on German
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great find, thanks for this!!
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Great find, just wierd to see German press getting info that we dont have access in US, great weapon fighter, control wizard and the old video of high lvl content party. I dont understand PW objective with this....
  • Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    macabrivs wrote: »
    just wierd to see German press getting info that we dont have access in US

I've noticed this happens with every single big MMO that comes out. If you're searching around for videos before release, there are always these ones from Germany or France or elsewhere in Europe that show things that the US sites have not had access to or been allowed to show, or they show more extensive gameplay footage earlier than anyone in the US can.

I'm not sure why that is, but it happens every time.
  • Options
    wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Wow, not impressed with GWF at all. Rogue just seems better in every way pretty much. The GWF hits multiple enemies at once, but half as fast as the rogue, and not significantly harder. Without the stuns or stealth abilities for defense...it's going to have a much harder time solo probably, although perhaps it can keep the attention of enemies better then a rogue...so can sort of tank a bit.

I was least impressed with the guardian in the beta so far, but it did have something going for it. Much more defense then the rogue or cleric....and the ability to tank for others (draw aggro etc). The GWF though seems to just have a similar cleave attack (looks like it might have a wider range, but slower attack speed). I'm sure the at will etc powers will probably be more damaged focused so that will make a difference, hopefully enough to compete at least to some degree with the rogue in damage.

I guess it makes sense that the rogue would be specialized in individual damage and the great weapon fighter in group damage....but the way the game was playing in the beta, you didn't usually get that many people all in melee range at once, due to haveing spellcasters, ranged enemies etc as well as melee. That was actually one of the problems I had with the guardian...cleave isn't that much of an advantage when enemies are all over the place.

Wizard looks good though, but have already seen that before. Worried abit about the GWF....really want to get a chance to test it before the game goes live. It could just be the rogue is overpowered right now, but it was a blast to play that way.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    wulfster42 wrote: »
    Wow, not impressed with GWF at all. Rogue just seems better in every way pretty much. The GWF hits multiple enemies at once, but half as fast as the rogue, and not significantly harder. Without the stuns or stealth abilities for defense...it's going to have a much harder time solo probably, although perhaps it can keep the attention of enemies better then a rogue...so can sort of tank a bit.

That video was an awful demonstration of the class.

The guy playing never equipped ANY items, including his off-hand sword knot, his upgraded weapon, or upgraded armor. He was still wearing the statless starter gear, which means his damage was hugely lowered compared to if he'd equipped the much superior stuff you get from the first couple of quests. He almost never used his encounter powers at all, only about five times each over the course of the entire hour-plus of gameplay. He didn't use his daily until an hour in, and then he was filling his action points very slowly because he wasn't using encounters and was doing way nerfed damage still.

If he'd had his proper gear on, and used his encounter powers all the time, and used his daily every other fight (as he could have, if he'd been doing the previous two things), you would have seen a whole different look at the class. The Greatweapon Fighter would have been annihilating things.

I paused and read the tooltips for a lot of the powers, and they look amazing. First encounter power is a charge that goes through foes in the way and damages everyone along the path, with a short cooldown and it's going to have multiple uses as you level up. Second one is a frontal cone high damage blast that knocks back (and can push enemies off of platforms or cliffs) and interrupts everyone in front of you.

The level 7 encounter power is a single big hit that heals you for the damage dealt, which is like the awesome Fighter's Recovery daily power for the Guardian, but this is usable once every 15 seconds. That's incredibly good. I have no doubt that as long as you dodge or interrupt big splat attacks, and use that encounter power when available to take care of all the other miscellaneous damage, the Greatweapon Fighter should have no more need for healing potions than any of the other classes we've played so far. (Which is to say, no need at all the majority of the time.)

And that at-will cleave of the Greatweapon is MASSIVE, a way bigger area than the Guardian's at-will. Plus the charge-up at-will, which I'm sure will do a big pile of damage when you're in decent gear. Nice that you can move while charging it up, too, or while holding it fully charged.

That first daily is beastly, too. He stood still while using it, but you can move, and in fact the power itself boosts your run speed while using it, so you can move around even faster while chopping everything to bits.

Wait until we can play it, or until someone who plays well makes a video of the class. It's going to be a killing machine.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    wulfster42 wrote: »

I was least impressed with the guardian in the beta so far, but it did have something going for it. Much more defense then the rogue or cleric....and the ability to tank for others (draw aggro etc). The GWF though seems to just have a similar cleave attack (looks like it might have a wider range, but slower attack speed). I'm sure the at will etc powers will probably be more damaged focused so that will make a difference, hopefully enough to compete at least to some degree with the rogue in damage.

I guess it makes sense that the rogue would be specialized in individual damage and the great weapon fighter in group damage....but the way the game was playing in the beta, you didn't usually get that many people all in melee range at once, due to haveing spellcasters, ranged enemies etc as well as melee. That was actually one of the problems I had with the guardian...cleave isn't that much of an advantage when enemies are all over the place.

Wizard looks good though, but have already seen that before. Worried abit about the GWF....really want to get a chance to test it before the game goes live. It could just be the rogue is overpowered right now, but it was a blast to play that way.

The GWF player in the stream played rather poorly, never did see him use any of his encounter abilities and hardly used his daily. Plus he failed to dodge out of the blotches. Basically poor performance isnt indicitive of actual gameplay. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    bigglefroo6bigglefroo6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    Couldn't agree more with Fire and Zylaxx
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow I was thinking the same thing, did he just have his finger pushed down on his left mouse button for an hour and a half?
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The title of the video translates to "Welcome to the official channel of Twitch Perfect World Entertainment. Follow us for regular updates about Neverwinter and our other exciting games!". Lucky europeans.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    thecainthecain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have no idea what you folks are talking about, that video was amazing!... What? It had gameplay in it? Oh, I was staring at that cute german girl with the green hair... <3
  • Options
    wulfster42wulfster42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Lol @ thecain.

Yeah, I saw the other video of the GWF's abilities now, and I can see it was the player, not the class. The class is looking promising, although it still seems to be specialized more on moderate damage to a large # of enemies, then high damage to just one.

Still that could be quite useful, and fun to play.

I'm ok with the rogue being single target primary and the GWF being group damage primary...especially if he can do great AoE, dodge AND self heal.

Should be a fun class, and it's back in my top 3 classes to play after watching the other video. Not sure if I'll play GWF or Mage second yet.
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I like the way the GWF fights, very nice looking animations. Hope he is in Beta 2. :)
  • Options
    hundredhandslaphundredhandslap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    Why tease me with promise of a GWF video but then link a guy who might as well be playing Minesweeper!?
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why tease me with promise of a GWF video but then link a guy who might as well be playing Minesweeper!?

Well if that is not proof as to how easy the game is currently, what else do you need? He kept starter gear and spammed his at will attacks 95% of the time.

But the base attacks look nice, i hope we get a chance to try one out next beta to see what they can really do.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Lol, yeah...he really had me going. Was all upset because the guardian looked better then the GWF...and it was my least favorite class in the beta. I too hope he'll be available in the next beta, but I read in a transcript somewhere that "three playable classes will be available in the beta". I hope that was just a misscommunication (It was in the last interview posted a few days ago)...or they just meant the 3 playable classes in the last beta (and not in the beta as a whole).

Did seem like they were saying the GWF and Wizard wouldn't be available in the beta though. I hope it's not true.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    According to the Facebook page, next beta weekend will offer four classes. The three we already had, plus Control Wizard.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    razorrxgdb wrote: »
    Well if that is not proof as to how easy the game is currently, what else do you need? He kept starter gear and spammed his at will attacks 95% of the time.

He sure did drink some potions, though. I wonder how much these people would change their playstyle if potions had a 60 second cooldown instead of 8 seconds.

Oh! And did you notice that the starter potions now heal for 1000, instead of 500? Did they seriously BUFF potions even more? That's madness.