test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Usable Weapons

azorylazoryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 42
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
What are the usable weapons in the games by each class.

For example, I saw in the Totalbiscuit Video that a great club dropped for a GW:Fighter. So that means GW:Fighters are not just stuck to greatswords. Are there any other weapons for classes?

GW: Fighter - Greatsword, GreatClub, GreatAxe?
Guardian Fighter - Sword, Sheild, *Axe
Trickster Rogue - Daggers, *Axe
Devoted Cleric - Focus
Control Wizard - ???

Anyone who was in the last beta know?

*Latest Update
Post edited by azoryl on

Comments

• Options
    thelickingtoadthelickingtoad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    If the wizard's implements remain true to 4E, expect to see wands, orbs and staves as weapons for them. I also wouldn't be surprised to see handaxes and maces in addition to the longswords for the guardian. I would, however, be surprised to see anything other than daggers for rogues, except maybe a short sword here and there, as rogues only have proficiency with daggers and short swords as melee weapons outside taking feats for stuff like rapiers.
  • Options
    azorylazoryl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 42
    edited February 2013
    I was digging around and found reports of a rogue Axe that was found in beta.

Also found a message from a mod saying weapon variety will increase on release. Whew... I hope for some rogue rapiers!
  • Options
    quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My guess is that these different types are just display skins, and not really different types in the usual sense. I doubt there will weapon "base stats" like there are in PnP D&D.

The upshot would be that you might be able to take that Greatclub or Greataxe, and put its appearance skin on any Greatsword you find that might suit you better mechanically.

As for wizard implements, my guess is we won't get wands or staves in the same way, since they'd need their own animations to make any sense. There's a lot more difference between an orb, wand, and staff than there is among those two-handed weapons.
  • Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I did find a one-handed axe for my guardian, BUT it wouldn't let me use the appearance from it on any of the swords, sadly.