test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fishing?

the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
Can't seem to find a mention about this on youtube forums or anywhere actually so I'm posting the question here. Will there be fishing (even if it's not at launch but afterwords) will it include props and outfits? Will there be some crafting involved or special bags for this purpose? Is there cooking also? Should we expect to see fishing shortly after launch?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    They havent released any information yet about crafting, as beta tester i got crafting mats but the crafting system itself was disabled during first beta weekend so cant exactly say how it works
  • Options
    trinchitrinchi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My guess that they are keeping that one a secret or they are still working on it o.o;;
  • Options
    noolidnerdnoolidnerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Yuck. Has anyone played a game where fishing wasn't obnoxiously boring?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    strainzedstrainzed Member Posts: 46
    edited February 2013
    Are you serious or is this a joke? You want to get on a Dungeons and Dragons game and go fishing?

Maybe you should try:

Sharking! or...

Krakening!

Maybe even Dragon Turtleing!

How about - Sea Hagging!

Anything but fishing, that's for sissies. Also, any adventurer worth his weight in salt knows you don't cook! You eat these monsters RAW and WRIGGLING!
  • Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    noolidnerd wrote: »

It's a good wind-down activity, use it before going to sleep (like reading a book).
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013

UO , i loved fishing there ;)
  • Options
    klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    1331164137949.jpg
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2013
    I'm hoping that they implement lots of minigames and activities for players to engage in besides killing stuff.
  • Options
    aguemortaguemort Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    I'm hoping that they implement lots of minigames and activities for players to engage in besides killing stuff.

I'm looking forward to mini-games as well... But as for fishing...... I hope it's not tied to anything important like crafting or gear modding... That would make it rather dull indeed. If they do have fishing, in the traditional sense, I'm hoping that it's purely optional and rewards are purely optional or not needed to advance in the game.
  • Options
    viaxusviaxus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited February 2013
    UO was fun to fish in...when throwing a net you never knew whether you were about to pull up a kraken! "whimpers"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    itsneoitsneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 74
    edited February 2013
    Fishing can be quite, hum drum indeed, however, I love it. One can just find a nice spot with a beautiful sunset and toss a line into the water catch some fish, then cook them for a snack later, or boil them down for some fish oil to make dyes for gear, or for softening leather to craft gear. Fishing can be a very useful skill to have if only as a secondary skill for some other crafting skill. And I presume, like most mmo, it would be optional..

Peace Peeps.

IGN: DrDoom
    CLS: Heretic
    SVR: Atlantis
    IND ID:1000165G030200060007250S15fb1f

No fishing! unless there is no guild housing!

I still have nightmares from our LOTRO guild house in which every bit of wall was decorated with fish! Fish everywhere! *shudder*
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If they make fishing like Torchlight 2's fishing, it would be interesting and fun and something I would do. If it's just a WoW type system then I will pass, I've had enough of that over the past 8 years.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    kimonagikimonagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Could not have said it better!
  • Options
    trikirantrikiran Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013

Has anyone ever gone Fishing in real life and found it obnoxiously boring?

Yes I agree even if it includes fishing. There is no reason to skimp on the minigames.
  • Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I never like fishing in the games which include it. It doesn't seem to fit with this game, either. But that said, I don't mind if they add it for the people who like it.
  • Options
    turokhammerstoneturokhammerstone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Played on a PW (Persistent World) on NWN1 that had fishing, farming, cooking in addition to the normal crafting. There was even a trip step on the pier that you had to make your REF save or fall..LOL Anyways, it adds to the game for those that are not all Hack and slash. Its another tool for RP'ers. The crafting, cooking, fishing in WOW is what helped keep my wife interest. That's a good thing because we played as a whole family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Fishing as a wind down and as an optional minigame is all i'm looking for, crafting mats and cosmetics and props are completely optional. I just think these activities would bring a sense of realness to the game and attract the more RP type crowd in ways that the-kill- everything-all-the-time type games don't do.
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    trikiran wrote: »
    Has anyone ever gone Fishing in real life and found it obnoxiously boring?

Yes I agree even if it includes fishing. There is no reason to skimp on the minigames.

I hate fishing in real life. It bores me to death. Its primary purpose is to drink beer. That's the fun part. Give me a fishing pole, and I'll just drown worms all day and get drunk. Give me a scuba tank, spear, and a bag; and I'll fill it up. :)

I love fishing in games though if there is a purpose to it (crafting materials, trophies and such).
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    /bump

Still asking the question if this is something we'll see in the near future post launch...

oh please oh please oh please!
  • Options
    z4cormyrz4cormyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    +1 for fishing and all kinds of minigames / crafting activities. would be nice to see card games in taverns etc..
    - no one is more hopelessly enslaved, then those who falsely believe they are free -
  • Options
    zpharaonzpharaon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Definitely need fishing. The entire economy of Ten Towns is based on fishing.
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Minigames with a point yes, though not forced... need to make it all optional.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ho, for Pete sake, fishing, really !? Why not "make your laundry" mini-game or "dishes", that would be even better.

Sorry for the teasing, but there still is possibility of mini-game more in the spirit of D&D : "throw the gnome", "how many gobelin you can kill before becoming tired", "who drink the most beers", "who pick the more flowers" ... cough, cough ... "who trample the more flowers"... :)
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    antovaras wrote: »
    Minigames with a point yes, though not forced... need to make it all optional.

I've never played any mmo where it wasn't optional.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    zorlun wrote: »
    Ho, for Pete sake, fishing, really !? Why not "make your laundry" mini-game or "dishes", that would be even better.

Sorry for the teasing, but there still is possibility of mini-game more in the spirit of D&D : "throw the gnome", "how many gobelin you can kill before becoming tired", "who drink the most beers", "who pick the more flowers" ... cough, cough ... "who trample the more flowers"... :)

As this would be completely optional gameplay you wouldn't be affected by it, so not sure what all the fuss is about.
  • Options
    zorlunzorlun Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As this would be completely optional gameplay you wouldn't be affected by it, so not sure what all the fuss is about.
    I'm just grumbling by principle, if they want to do it (put fishing in the game) I will abide and play (the game not the fishing :) ), but even if fishing do not affect my character in the game I find that fishing affect my vision of the game, I would never prevent someone to ask for it but I would definitely do not be silent about it.

Explanations given, I agree on the fact that this is not the end of the world as we know it, my tone was humoristic not serious, do not take it to heart.
    Sorry for the grammar, I'm only French ! :)
  • Options
    adambomb4800adambomb4800 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need fishing to be a part of the game I do not care when it happens but I will love it so much to be able to use a fishing pole and bait and also have quests to go along with it and maybe even special gear for players.
  • Options
    fedayeen8fedayeen8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    im kinda missing fishing realy bad! specialy when i lvl professions with 10min crafts, i would love to fish in the town fauntain! food would be just bonus... would be realy fun for me and it sucks realy bad that isnt in game already. hope to be fishing in newerwinter soon!
  • Options
    nick1sternnick1stern Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 330 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    How about dwarf bowling???