test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamonds Value for Mounts

zeruinzeruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Alright, I know there have been a lot of threads on the topic of speculating how valuable Astral Diamond will be, but if the prices for in game mounts stays the same from Beta, they may not be worth as much as some people give them credit for.

I was watching a YouTube video where someone opened the shop prices for mounts and the Heavy Armored Horses cost 2,064,000 Astral Diamonds. Yep, 2 mil. Suddenly that 750,000 from the $200 pack, and 125,000 from the $60 pack doesn't seem like that much.. lol

Anywho, here's the link to the video in reference. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_ERazhGrMI
Pause it at 0:31:15

Thoughts anyone?
Post edited by zeruin on

Comments

• Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zeruin wrote: »
    Suddenly that 750,000 from the $200 pack, and 125,000 from the $60 pack doesn't seem like that much.. lol
    You get to pay the riding skill for level 40 and have a very few spare diamonds.
  • Options
    zeruinzeruin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    You get to pay the riding skill for level 40 and have a very few spare diamonds.

Elaborate a bit please? What is this riding skill, and how much does it cost?

I would assume that if we got a mount in our Founder's Packs, that would include everything we need to ride them.. it almost sounds like you're saying we need to buy something else just to ride it? lol, That's like buying a new car without keys.
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zeruin wrote: »
    Elaborate a bit please? What is this riding skill, and how much does it cost?

I would assume that if we got a mount in our Founder's Packs, that would include everything we need to ride them.. it almost sounds like you're saying we need to buy something else just to ride it? lol, That's like buying a new car without keys.
    You don't need riding skill to ride your mount at level 20. You just need a mount (1 Gold for a horse at the stable). But the Training tab has riding skill for level 40 (for extra speed) and 60 (more extra speed). I don't remember the price for the level 40 one but it was around the amount of AD in the Hero pack.
  • Options
    arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Well, there are three things to keep in mind:
    1. That may or may not be the final price for that item.
    2. We will gain Astral Diamonds as we play the game, so there need to be sinks to avoid inflation.
    3. That is a luxury item and thus it carries a luxury price.

In short, I am not too concerned. I fully expect some luxury items to be priced out of reach for the average player, but the beauty is that the average player does not need them.
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can only go by what I know from Star Trek online and the Dilithiam system but there will be regular common gear that you can by with gold.

If you want a ultra rare item like a masterwork dmgx2 crit Longsword your going have to pay for it in Dimonds.
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Old news, and no comments have been made on it that I've seen yet. It is clearly inflated though. If you see how long it took to simply make 1 gold and how many diamonds where EARNED during that that time, then those prices look as if they are inflated by at least 1000%.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    Old news, and no comments have been made on it that I've seen yet. It is clearly inflated though. If you see how long it took to simply make 1 gold and how many diamonds where EARNED during that that time, then those prices look as if they are inflated by at least 1000%.

What if it means the game is grindy :S
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nah u can get ad on ah to so 10 or less good gear drops from instances and u will have 2m+ ad fast
  • Options
    korbanhodkorbanhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    Was Astral diamonds hard to get in the beta? At what rate was people getting the currency at a testing level of play?
  • Options
    korbanhodkorbanhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    babylon wrote: »
    What if it means the game is grindy :S

All mmos are grindy to some extend. Actually it's been much less than what it used to be in older mmos, but people need to invest to gain. Not just gain by doing diddly squat!
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    u will need 4 hours to get daily refine cap ,that is how cryptic says time currency,but u will be able to get more refined from ah from selling items and so
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    korbanhod wrote: »
    Was Astral diamonds hard to get in the beta? At what rate was people getting the currency at a testing level of play?

You can refine 24,000 astral diamonds a day. In short order from what I saw that refining rate will be maxed out in a week or so with a huge stockpile of unrefined AD left over every day.

This of course depends of how much time you spend playing.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    xearrik wrote: »

Now I know I am asuming here and that is a bad thing, but bear with me.

That horse was the most expensive mount I saw. So if it was 1000% inflated that would make it without inflation 200k roughly. So you are saying that the most expensive mount in the game (I know amusing) should be able to be gotten in 8 days of just praying at a rest spot every hour for unrefined AD, doing a few quests that get you unrefined AD and refining them for 9 days? That seem a bit quick for me. Forget if you were getting gear while doing the unrefined AD quests and put it on the auction house for sale. You could shave 2 days or so off of that time.

What I am getting at is, I think your 1000% inflated estimate is a bit......inflated.
  • Options
    babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    korbanhod wrote: »
    All mmos are grindy to some extend. Actually it's been much less than what it used to be in older mmos, but people need to invest to gain. Not just gain by doing diddly squat!

Well there's a difference between playing games, having fun, and earning your way through a game by playing well, and grinding.

Just ready to flee if game feels grindy is all. Not into having my time wasted.
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    babylon wrote: »
    Well there's a difference between playing games, having fun, and earning your way through a game by playing well, and grinding.

Just ready to flee if game feels grindy is all. Not into having my time wasted.

Everyone seems to have a different definition of grindy.
  • Options
    firesnakeariesfiresnakearies Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Keep in mind that you can buy equivalent speed level 60 armored horses for 10 gold also, the only difference being that they're not the coveted BLACK and WHITE colors. There are, I believe four other colors/patterns to choose from.

And at level 60, 10 gold will not be a problem whatsoever. I had over 12 gold just hitting level 30.
  • Options
    belzubbelzub Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    I had over 12 gold just hitting level 30.
    Abit offtopic but did you manage to level to 30 during one weekend?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Keep in mind that you can buy equivalent speed level 60 armored horses for 10 gold also, the only difference being that they're not the coveted BLACK and WHITE colors. There are, I believe four other colors/patterns to choose from.

And at level 60, 10 gold will not be a problem whatsoever. I had over 12 gold just hitting level 30.

The black and white color difference is the important part....Vanity err I mean cosmetic items are going to be high cost in AD because that is how Cryptic is planning on making money. If people can get them (Cosmetics) in a very short time playing there would be no reason to spend real cash.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    belzub wrote: »

Yes a lot of people did in the first beta weekend. Level 30 was the level cap. They most likely could have gotten even higher without the cap.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    belzub wrote: »

Leveling was very fast. I went slowly, took my time, spent a lot of time looking around and reading everything, exploring and just goofing around testing abilities and such. I got a fighter to 30, a cleric to 20, and a rogue to 19, in one weekend. There are people who got all three classes to 30 in one weekend.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    keirkin wrote: »
    The black and white color difference is the important part....Vanity err I mean cosmetic items are going to be high cost in AD because that is how Cryptic is planning on making money. If people can get them (Cosmetics) in a very short time playing there would be no reason to spend real cash.

Well yeah, of course. I understand that, and I think it's fine. They should make the most desired cosmetic options expensive, both so that those things have more rarity and perceived value, and so that the company can make a profit and keep the game going and growing.

But for people who are just freaking out thinking, "OMG I have to pay 2 million astral diamonds just to get my level 60 mount???" they can rest assured that there are cheaper options available that will be easily attained through normal gameplay.
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well yeah, of course. I understand that, and I think it's fine. They should make the most desired cosmetic options expensive, both so that those things have more rarity and perceived value, and so that the company can make a profit and keep the game going and growing.

But for people who are just freaking out thinking, "OMG I have to pay 2 million astral diamonds just to get my level 60 mount???" they can rest assured that there are cheaper options available that will be easily attained through normal gameplay.

And realize that this "normal gameplay" has a lot of leeway to it as well. By level 20, when you get your level 1 mount, I had 5 gold. Level 1 mount costs 1 gold. By level 29, a full 11 levels before a level 2 mount, I had about 20 gold. The level 2 mount was 10g. A level 3 mount was 20 gold. I can safely say that, even flat out wasting your cash on stuff as you level, you can afford a mount without grinding.
  • Options
    belzubbelzub Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    Now Im not worried about mount cost but that it will take too fast to reach lvl 60.