test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Starter Kit

lortechlortech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey there. So, there's a new thread up in the 'news and announcements' section with some detailed info on the first weekend of beta, but I have yet to see anything mentioned anywhere about when purchasers of the $20 Neverwinter Starter Kit founder's pack will be able to get into the game.

The only information on said Starter Kit is in the Founder's Pack section where it says, "Neverwinter Founders will receive exclusive in-game perks, guaranteed beta weekend access starting February 8, and much more!" Now, this might lead me to conclude that those who buy the Starter Kit will get in at the same time as purchasers of the other founder's packs if the Starter Kit was included in the Beta weekend details in any of the threads detailing such details. However, since it's not, I'm still wondering whether that would be a reasonable conclusion.

Devs? Community Mods? Anybody know?
"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality"--Chief Crazy Horse

"Do what thou Whilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will."--Aleister Crowley
Post edited by lortech on

Comments

• milcomamilcoma Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    as far as it states the starter kit doesnt get acces to the beta like the other 2 kits do. if they did im 100% sure they would of listed it.

See
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack
  • lortechlortech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    Well, the thing is, the only info on the page you linked to that says anything about beta access for any of the Founder's Packs is the quote in my original post. Otherwise, there is no mention of the Starter Kit anywhere. Not here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?30761-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-details-Read-this-first! , not here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?39951-Neverwinter-Beta-Weekend-One-FAQ-and-details nor anywhere else.

Also, considering the vagueness of promotional key recipients' access, I don't know why anyone would be 100% sure that Cryptic would be specific in mentioning this.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality"--Chief Crazy Horse

"Do what thou Whilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will."--Aleister Crowley
  • stonklaversstonklavers Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Neverwinter Starter Kit need more items and beta access too. :p

200$ and 60$ are super overpriced vips packs.

:mad:
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The page is very clear that the Starter Kit does not include beta access.

Right there just two boxes to the left of the button you click to buy the Hero of the North Founder's Pack it says "VIP Beta Weekend/VIP Access" in gold. In the Guardian of Neverwinter Pack that box says the same thing in silver. If you mouse over them you get more details. The box that says "MORE" brings you to a more complete page with more details.

The Neverwinter Starter Kit (Notice that it's not a "Founder's Pack" or even a "Pack". It's a "Kit) does not. It even goes so far as to put an obviously empty box there with a red line through it. And no box that says "MORE".
  • lortechlortech Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    Oh, caught it. On the Founder's Pack page, beta weekend access is listed in the little item rectangles for the first two, but not the Starter Kit.

Yeah, not dropping $60 for guaranteed access to 9 days of beta over 2 months. I am excited about the game, but not to that extent. Already bought the Feb. issue of PC Gamer and redeemed the code, though, so I guess I'll just take my chances with that. Maybe I'll get in sometime in the next couple months.

• qixotikqixotik Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I impulse purchased the starter pack because I assumed that it'd include a beta key. I thought it was a "founder" pack like the other two, since it's listed in the "founder's pack" section. It's even listed under the "founders pack" FAQ - and it's not a founder's pack - you don't even get a founder title... very very misleading. I thought I'd get at least *something* for the $20 I shelled out on the hope of a game that's not even out yet... Why do buyers of a 3rd party gaming magazine get priority for beta over someone who shells out money DIRECT TO THE DEVELOPERS..... DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
  • marqu1nhomarqu1nho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow, what is this?! Then what the hell did I pay 20$ for?? Oh man, this is really dirty and misleading! I will write their support right now and PayPal as well to get my money back!

[edit] Okay after being really upset at first, of course this is actually my fault. But still it's so misleading! Very bad business if that's the way they have to catch customers. I wrote their support hoping they be accommodating... :(
  • pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    People not being able to read or actually research things before making a purchase does not mean that cryptic has back business practices.
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    qixotik wrote: »
    Why do buyers of a 3rd party gaming magazine get priority for beta over someone who shells out money DIRECT TO THE DEVELOPERS..... DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
    Are you talking about the PC Gamer offer? They won't get access until after the weekends are over, at a date yet to be named.
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    People not being able to read or actually research things before making a purchase does not mean that cryptic has bad business practices.
    I found this to be most true.
  • coveycovey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmm If a get a beta key from PC gamer will the starter pack even work with that?
  • yoazismynyoazismyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I too bought the starter kit because 1 I want to support anything D&D and forgotten realms, 2 I want to have a little extra if available to me when I start(I pre bought ddo so I could have the +1 AC pendant,) 3) I would like to have the benefit of trying the game in beta. sadly I don't gain access to the beta and I really want in, but I don't have $60 to get in the VIP weekends. So I'll sit on my starter kit and wait till I can play like everyone else.
  • krigenkrigen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same purchased the Starter kit as I thought it was part of the founders pack, as it is not I've also wasted $20.00
    and yes to me its a waste!
  • drextandrextan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same here. Its not the problem of the site not saying that the Starter Kit has access to the beta weekends (public or closed), the problem is that the site DOESN'T mention the kit DOESN'T GRANT that access. It should be clearer in stating that, or at least not have the Starter Kit listed in the same place where the Founder's Pack's are. Please remember also that most of the world does not have English has first language.

What would be good to hear from the DEVs is if at least those how bought the Starter Kit would at least be selected for open beta weekends eventually.
  • korbanhodkorbanhod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    The Starter kit is not misleading. It is not even a founder's pack. Only the two others are founder's pack.

Also, it does not state it gives beta access, HOWEVER it does not show that it does, nor does it say it does anywhere.
  • keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Reading is fundamental.....
  • mogan1949mogan1949 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I too purchased the starter kit because i could not see paying all that money for a game I never played. All people want to know is straight out...when will those who purchased the starter kit be able to play the game...simple question...all it takes is for someone who really knows to say...those who purchased starter kits will be able to access the game on...and give a date just like they did with those high priced packs...
  • warbrwarbr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Why can't ppl just read? specially if you are going to spend money on something ... READ!!!

As a developer its the most annoying thing, you can make everything right but users just dont read before doing sht and than they blame the developer.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 4,787 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How does one claim the Starter Kit in-game?

I can't find it.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    Star Trek Fan since Sept. 8th, 1966.
    Still a STO Veteran Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi everybody,

Only the Guardian of Neverwinter an Hero of the North packs guarantee Beta Weekend access. More info is available here. :)
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!