test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Massively.com starts new Neverwinter column

bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
They don't normally just start a column for the heck of it so they must see something they like check it out here. The column is titled Neverwinter Days. Support it as they tend not to keep columns around that don't seem to resonate with the community.
Post edited by bitterwinter on

Comments

• chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oh some of the ignorant replies at the bottom. It amazes me how so many people criticize a game without ever actually playing it or educating themselves about it. My favorite is the "it's free so I won't play it". Rational thinking at it's finest.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • kentheprogrammerkentheprogrammer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 37
    edited February 2013
    It's good to see that a site like that thinks NWO has enough legs under it to last long enough to actually put the effort into a regular column. It already has a decent number of comments (half of which are just complainers or misinformed it seems like), so maybe if there's enough discussion they'll keep it.

A bit off topic, but I've never understood why people bother to get on articles like that only to disparage the game. I don't see the purpose it serves. It's not any less useful than being a blind fan, but to comment only to say that it's going to be horrible or whatever doesn't seem like it's worth the time.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A bit off topic, but I've never understood why people bother to get on articles like that only to disparage the game. I don't see the purpose it serves. It's not any less useful than being a blind fan, but to comment only to say that it's going to be horrible or whatever doesn't seem like it's worth the time.
    People just express their opinion from previous games. And if recent games have shown - it pays to be skeptical for any released game. However it does not means they will not try it once ot launches - and it is good. People who will come with diminished expectations will be more vocal in supporting the game when they try it later.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    It's easy to exceed expectations if you had none or low expectations time begin with.

Hype is a double-edged sword.
  • sliversparksliverspark Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think they are right in this game is kind of the unseen underdog at the moment, and it's going to be huge with all the non-traditional and fun designs.
  • wonkywonderwonkywonder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    Oh some of the ignorant replies at the bottom. It amazes me how so many people criticize a game without ever actually playing it or educating themselves about it. My favorite is the "it's free so I won't play it". Rational thinking at it's finest.

If you've ever ventured into the forums at MMORPG.com, you'll witness a stupidity rarely seen in most of civilized society. I like the content the site publishes but I can't stand most of the surrounding community.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »

That's Massively for you, there has been one guy who has been giving Alpha information for months and of course you have your usual collection of haters...the site is more or less a joke that very few take seriously.
    If you've ever ventured into the forums at MMORPG.com, you'll witness a stupidity rarely seen in most of civilized society. I like the content the site publishes but I can't stand most of the surrounding community.

Like I always said, I dearly love video games and MMO's but I loathe and despise most so called gamers.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!