test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

First Beta Weekend an Ongoing Success!

pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in News & Announcements
It's been a huge weekend for Neverwinter, with the first of our Beta Weekends and the official announcement of the Devoted Cleric. Check out some highlights of the press coverage!

Total Biscuit and the Cynical Brit team had a run through the Cloak Tower, one of the early dungeons that heroes will be able to adventure in. They're joined by Lead Designer Zeke Sparkes, and they talked about everything from the lore to how differently each class plays.

Want to see it all? Bill Murphy of MMORPG.com starts with a just-made character and doesn't stop for two hours. Bill also had an in-depth review on playing as the Devoted Cleric, calling it "the most fun I've had being a healer ever." Check out the gameplay video and read his Devoted Cleric review.

It looks like Massively was impressed by Neverwinter's expansive character creation setup. They've made, not one, but six videos - half an hour of footage - showcasing all the options for bringing your hero to life!

We're humbled and grateful that you've all enjoyed the beta weekend so far, heroes, and more than a little excited for the next two beta weekends. This beta weekend continues until midnight tonight (Pacific); if you haven't already gotten in-game, visit our Founder's Pack page to get your guaranteed access to all three beta weekends!
Post edited by pwetrailturtle on

Comments

• bigbadz1bigbadz1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    if I buy founders pack do I get the full game when it comes out in addition to beta?
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bigbadz1 wrote: »
    if I buy founders pack do I get the full game when it comes out in addition to beta?

Yes!

Along with everyone else who downloads it, that is. It's going to be fully free to play ;)
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    Yes!

Along with everyone else who downloads it, that is. It's going to be fully free to play ;)

Any chance the founder packs will still be available after the game launches or until are they only available during the beta cycle?
    Morgan West - Oathbound Paladin
    Jonathan Lonehawk - Hunter Ranger
  • jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I disagree. If you count disapointed people who wanted in a succsess then maybe.
  • arundooarundoo Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I found this review, worth the read.

http://www.mmo-rp.com/home/m/11067792/article/1277614
    Neverwinter Roleplay community: http://www.NW-RP.com
  • vladcatlanvladcatlan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a feeling this game will be epic!
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any chance the founder packs will still be available after the game launches or until are they only available during the beta cycle?

While I can't confirm this in any way, shape, or form, IMHO, the $20 pack will be there to buy whenever (as it is just boosts for brand new characters). The $60 and $200 ones will go poof when NW launches.
  • kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    While I can't confirm this in any way, shape, or form, IMHO, the $20 pack will be there to buy whenever (as it is just boosts for brand new characters). The $60 and $200 ones will go poof when NW launches.

Dont know, the boxes might stay permanent, although early access, beta access etc wont be of any use anymore hehe
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd like to see it stay for a week or so after launch. If its a good deal and I like the game I will get it. I keep going back and forth on getting it or not. I am tight on money and If I get it I have to get one for wife and boy. If we like the game the first couple of days we will drop 40 to 60 each on it.
  • kondrat4kondratkondrat4kondrat Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my first post and my first question is: Will NW be available on Steam ?
  • svijany12svijany12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited February 2013
    They have not mentioned it nor was it among upcoming Steam games so I'd say that we have to reason to believe so. I could be wrong though.

Fingers crossed -> for Neverwinter via Steam would surely have more players and it just would be better overall.
    'Onoronodonovon takes you!'
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    svijany12 wrote: »
    They have not mentioned it nor was it among upcoming Steam games so I'd say that we have to reason to believe so. I could be wrong though.

Fingers crossed -> for Neverwinter via Steam would surely have more players and it just would be better overall.

What reason? Are any PWE games on Steam? Pretty sure Raiderz and STO aren't, at least.
  • ufdamayaufdamaya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited February 2013
    Completely agree the game was a big success!

Grats Cryptic on a job well done!
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    What reason? Are any PWE games on Steam? Pretty sure Raiderz and STO aren't, at least.

Perfect World games on Steam's F2P section.

Star Trek Online
    Champions Online
    Forsaken World
    Rusty Hearts
    Blacklight Retribution
    War of the Immortals

PWE games you have to pay for on Steam

Torchlight
    Torchlight 2
  • wylie01wylie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    There is tons of reasons for it to be on Steam and none I can think of not putting it there. You could still download it from PW website
  • rabb1tdotcomrabb1tdotcom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    kormai wrote: »
    Dont know, the boxes might stay permanent

What boxes? Boxed Neverwinter disappeared from retailers when it changed to a free MMOG.
  • morderockmorderock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    An chance of founders getting to beta test the foundry? Or is there somewhere we can apply? I'd love to make some test content
  • sardokussardokus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Quite the success , agreed....I am already dieing to play the next beta weekend