test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Swimming, idle animations, walking, out-of-combat running?

guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have some questions that I'm hoping some of the people that were in Beta can answer. (Whatever happened to the Question and Answer thread, anyway?)

Is there swimming of any kind (aside from: fall in lava, die)? Is there any amount of content that involves going underwater, like in DDO?

Am I locked into the combat movement and idle animations for my class when I'm out of combat? Like, if I roll a rogue, am I going to be hunched over and slinking everywhere when I'm jogging around the Moonstone Mask picking up quests, or can I move like a normal human being when I'm not in combat?

Are there walk animations for players? I don't get hardcore enough into character to actually walk instead of run most of the time, but sometimes it's nice, like in STO when you follow Scotty around after going back in time, to be able to walk with him instead of having to jog and stop, jog and stop....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    guriphu wrote: »
    Is there swimming of any kind (aside from: fall in lava, die)? Is there any amount of content that involves going underwater, like in DDO?

Am I locked into the combat movement and idle animations for my class when I'm out of combat? Like, if I roll a rogue, am I going to be hunched over and slinking everywhere when I'm jogging around the Moonstone Mask picking up quests, or can I move like a normal human being when I'm not in combat?

Are there walk animations for players? I don't get hardcore enough into character to actually walk instead of run most of the time, but sometimes it's nice, like in STO when you follow Scotty around after going back in time, to be able to walk with him instead of having to jog and stop, jog and stop....

No swimming or underwater adventures yet. No walking animation yet. As of the beta, Rogues run around hunched over. ;) Everything is subject to change.
  • guriphuguriphu Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks. Disappointing, but thanks...
  • edgecuttedgecutt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can't stand the way the rogue runs, it's just so stupid. You look like an idiot and when you walk up stairs, you look like you're trying to kiss the damn stairs lol. The running animation turns me off from the class.
  • evilfish82evilfish82 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They NEED to add diving and climbing... one thing DDO did right was the fact that dungeons were so consistant due to those things that you could actually overlook the other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and enjoy it. Truth is, underwater exploration plays an important role in MMOs. People say it's not that important but that's not true, it makes people who enjoy exploration feel better just by know it's there.

I'm not saying they should add the GW2 type of diving but they have to implement it in a decent form.
  • evilfish82evilfish82 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    edgecutt wrote: »
    I can't stand the way the rogue runs, it's just so stupid. You look like an idiot and when you walk up stairs, you look like you're trying to kiss the damn stairs lol. The running animation turns me off from the class.

That's the anime influence. Only in those cheesy cartoons i've seen them run like they are trying to ram down a wall with their faces. Bleh.
  • lawfulstupidlawfulstupid Member Posts: 55
    edited February 2013
    evilfish82 wrote: »
    That's the anime influence. Only in those cheesy cartoons i've seen them run like they are trying to ram down a wall with their faces. Bleh.

Nah brah, it's like they're running so fast that their arms are flapping behind them like meat socks in the wind.
    The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is a walking animation.

To walk, type this into the chat window:

/bind / ++walk

Now your / key toggles walk!
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    There is a walking animation.

To walk, type this into the chat window:

/bind / ++walk

Now your / key toggles walk!

but doesn't / initiate a /tell?
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    but doesn't / initiate a /tell?
    / is used for commands.
    "/tell" is a command. So is "/emote"

You can use /cmdlist to have a look at all the available commands.

/bind is used for keybinds. Many other commands can be used too. Some may not work yet though.
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Whatever key you prefer can substitute in that /bind code. So, let's say you prefer \ to walk.

/bind \ ++walk

My point is just that walking is in the game. You need to bind it to a key. But it is there.