test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How does level matching work?

mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have a couple guild friends that are concerned about level matching in NWO and I'm curious as well. Does NWO have a system for party members that are vastly different in level to play together? This question is mainly for instanced content as the open world is a totally different affair.

This issue impacts guilds mainly because people play at vastly different rates but still want to play together. Having to wait for people to level up to play together is generally not very fun in my opinion.
Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by mokah on

Comments

• bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah i've always had this issue with MMOs. I do love EQ2 mentoring system.
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is no level matching system at present.

However, both STO and CO have one, so Cryptic can do it. They may choose not to for design reasons.
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There is no level matching system at present.

However, both STO and CO have one, so Cryptic can do it. They may choose not to for design reasons.

Cool, I do like mentoring systems alot! it seems to make guilds friendly and friendships stronger. Atleast to me. Thanks Doctorcomics of DOOOOM! bwhahaha
  • mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok, so that raises another question for the eventual end game when most players have max level characters: What happens when a max level character plays a Foundry or even Cryptic dungeon of lower level? Is that content just really easy or them?
    Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hardicon1hardicon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    every game they have every done has had this system in, coh had sidekicking, co has a mentor system and so does sto from what i understand. im sure this will have something along those lines, if not at release eventually. unless they decide not to do it for design purposes or so you wont outlevel your own content, but i do expect a system eventually.