test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-depth Neverwinter Preview Video

minishgamingminishgaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This video should contain most of the information you would want to know about Neverwinter so far.

Neverwinter Preview Video

Disclaimer: Yes I made it myself, but before you start saying I'm only posting this to promote myself, you might want to notice that there aren't any adds on this video. I just made it to help you guys out, so no need to get butthurt.
Post edited by minishgaming on

Comments

• chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with promoting yourself. I plan to promote the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of myself when I start putting out modules through the foundry and having highlight videos to showcase them.

I'm currently downloading a new game and youtube doesn't like competition nor do I like to watch non HD videos so I will check it out later, consider this a free bump.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • minishgamingminishgaming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with promoting yourself. I plan to promote the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of myself when I start putting out modules through the foundry and having highlight videos to showcase them.

I'm currently downloading a new game and youtube doesn't like competition nor do I like to watch non HD videos so I will check it out later, consider this a free bump.

Hahah thanks. You'd be suprised how many people get enraged at the fact that you try to show them something you made yourself, especially with Youtube videos. Even if it's extremely helpful they don't seem to care, they just be ragin' yo!
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This video should contain most of the information you would want to know about Neverwinter so far.

Neverwinter Preview Video

Disclaimer: Yes I made it myself, but before you start saying I'm only posting this to promote myself, you might want to notice that there aren't any adds on this video. I just made it to help you guys out, so no need to get butthurt.

Good video especially the time lapse character creation you showed you can really make something...um well unique:)
  • gammanshadowrushgammanshadowrush Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I checked out the video, not bad. I liked the whole way you summarized your playthrough and experience of the first beta. You placed them in nice and neat divisions and explained things in a clear way.

I do have a couple of minor things I found that could be in error:

1) You mentioned the Drow race being in the $200 pack. This is technically not true. The one available in the $200 pack is the Menzoberranzan Renegade which is an alternative to the basic Drow race. From my understanding, the basic Drow race will be available to everyone later on.

2) While the first beta only contained a DPS, a Healer and a Tank, which is the trinity, Neverwinter will actually have 4 roles, not just 3. Much like 4th Ed D&D which this game is based on, the 4 roles are Defender (tank), Striker (dps), Leader (healer/support), and Controller. This is another feature that may help differentiate the game from trinity games, since what we have here is a ... um... quadrinity? Not sure what the word is here. But really though, this small thing on your video really is more of a nitpick.

Aside from those, the video is good. Keep up the good work. :)
    edited February 2013
    *poof*

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

I was convinced the drow were evil and that the Menzoberranzan Renegade will be the only drow you'll be able to play. I'm not sure though, that's because I'm not a big D&D expert, which is also the reason I didn't know about the fourth role.
  • mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Clarification from the Devs about the PfD (pay for Drow) feature would be greatly appreciated or there are going to be a lot of unhappy people.

I was pretty sure they said that new races and classes weren't going to be things you pay for, but a direct quote from a dev would be helpful.
    Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great video, loved the part about pvp and not being to good at it bwahahah! Not sure about the drow though <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> was playable race, I don't plan on playing one so don't care, but wife would be pist!
    edited February 2013
    mokah wrote: »
    Clarification from the Devs about the PfD (pay for Drow) feature would be greatly appreciated or there are going to be a lot of unhappy people.

I was pretty sure they said that new races and classes weren't going to be things you pay for, but a direct quote from a dev would be helpful.

Indeed, I get a lot of people claiming that I made an error and that anyone will be able to play the drow, but nobody can link an official statement by the devs.
    bobcat1313 wrote: »
    Great video, loved the part about pvp and not being to good at it bwahahah! Not sure about the drow though <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> was playable race, I don't plan on playing one so don't care, but wife would be pist!

I've always sucked at PvP, I can't help it :p
  • nethershadowsnethershadows Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

I was convinced the drow were evil and that the Menzoberranzan Renegade will be the only drow you'll be able to play. I'm not sure though, that's because I'm not a big D&D expert, which is also the reason I didn't know about the fourth role.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=771211 The drow. Not the same thing as in the 200 dollar pack e.e
    edited February 2013
    A few drow reject the evil of their homeland, and leave the drow city of Menzoberranzan for the surface world. These brave renegades can be Neverwinter’s most loyal defenders, fighting for acceptance among races that often hate and distrust them.

The lore confirms that only the renegades will be playable. Not the regular drow.

Also, I'm not a D&D expert, but it seem to me that, because you give up a certain conviction, this doesn't mean you suddenly change your race.

So their faction name may be the Menzoberranzan, but they're still from the Drow race.
  • gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?43221-Unique-race-a-bit-false-advertising&highlight=drow+race

The Mod says here, its a slightly altered/unique/different version of the drow already going to be available.
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
    edited February 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?43221-Unique-race-a-bit-false-advertising&highlight=drow+race

The Mod says here, its a slightly altered/unique/different version of the drow already going to be available.

Thank you very much for clearing that up! I'll make sure to put an annotation in the video that sets this straight :)
  • stereocyclopsstereocyclops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    Nicely polished, good presentation, great voice. AND you adding the annotation about the drow.

Great job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Nicely polished, good presentation, great voice. AND you adding the annotation about the drow.

Great job.

Thanks for the kind words!