test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foulspawn Seers - Blinking out of control

brazzemoosebrazzemoose Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Anyone having problems with the Foulspawn Seers in The Wizards Folley blinking every second or so the point where you can barely keep up with them to kill them? Are they supposed to do this?
Post edited by brazzemoose on

Comments

• Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They are annoying as hell. In certain boss battle, it took me more effort to kill a Seer than the boss itself. XD
  • Options
    reburrebur Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No kidding. I just had to teleport to it on my Rogue to hit it.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    OS SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hard Drive & Crucial 256GB SSD x 2
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-biit)
  • Options
    hadmatterhadmatter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've had this problem with my Cleric, but my companion fighter seems to be able to attack it without it blinking as much. It makes me wonder if melee attacks don't trigger the teleport as often, or if it's the fact that it's an NPC attacking the Seer that keeps him from teleporting so much. Anyone?
  • Options
    reburrebur Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well the melee on my Rouge makes it happen even when my companion isn't hitting it. So I don't think so.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    OS SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hard Drive & Crucial 256GB SSD x 2
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-biit)
  • Options
    wmeffectivenesswmeffectiveness Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    True, all of the ones I fought did not stay still for more than a second at a time.
  • Options
    eljacko56eljacko56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I assumed this was intentional.
  • Options
    hyphenjayhyphenjay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the blinking needs to be toned down

at the rate it's blinking around right now, it's not fun. it's pure tedious tag
  • Options
    arythorarythor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I reported this in-game, too. The Foulspawn Seers seem to be programmed to teleport after being hit every time, or just about. Basically, I would hit it once, then it would teleport like a maniac for a few seconds, then I would hit it again, etc.

I love the teleport mechanic as it makes the enemy exciting to fight, but it should only do it once every 10 seconds or so, or at certain HP thresholds, not the whole fight.
  • Options
    stereocyclopsstereocyclops Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    Yes agreed. It was pure aggravation. I started trying to avoid seers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    frankelotfrankelot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I actually found fighting those seers enjoyable, their annoying blinking made my sweet victory over them feel like an achievement ^^;;

It was finally something different than your basic mobs rushing to kill you or shooting from the same spot the entire time. And there aren't even that many of those seers around to begin with, so I personally think it's ok for one type of mob to be annoying and interesting at the same time. :O
  • Options
    rokfirrokfir Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The issue i had with this mob was the one in the end of the street on the left of the door up the stairs. It would blink into the wall and get stuck so i couldn't hit it. Then everytime I'd try go into the door to continue on, i'd be in combat due to proximity and couldn't. In the end I just skipped the mob and went in the door with out even engaging it.
  • Options
    seashell9seashell9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought the mob blinked just when you hit him? As a cleric i had no issue, just keept my default attack button pressed, the camera followed the blinking by itself and i ranged nuked him down, since blinking was all he did. 1 Key free win.

As a Guardian it was annoying as it could get. I ignored them rather if i could and killed them last.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Area of effect powers recommended for those with melee. it targets the area then and you can him em.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hyphenjayhyphenjay Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Area of effect powers recommended for those with melee. it targets the area then and you can him em.

the frequency in which they're allowed to blink needs to be toned down
    maybe once every 5 seconds or so
  • Options
    squibshotsquibshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited February 2013
    Love to hate these guys. They bring something very new and refreshing to a game. Yes, after just a few Seers I did try to avoid them but when i did agro them it had me going into the battle with "Damnit... not again..."

There was a time or two i had all enemies down except the lone Seer remaining. I would hit my Rogue daily: Bloodbath and it was a teleporting war! It ended up with me standing over my vanquished foe thinking, "Sweet! .... but what the #$%* just happened...?" lol

As far as questionable/buggy times, it seemed they got stuck in the environment - doors/rocks/etc. I had it pinned in a corner once and between myself and my companion we pulverized it. Good entertainment.
  • Options
    tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    seashell9 wrote: »
    I thought the mob blinked just when you hit him? As a cleric i had no issue, just keept my default attack button pressed, the camera followed the blinking by itself and i ranged nuked him down, since blinking was all he did. 1 Key free win.

As a Guardian it was annoying as it could get. I ignored them rather if i could and killed them last.

What they said. As a cleric had no trouble were the easiest critters in the game to kill. Hold left mouse button, dead critter no damage to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • Options
    drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With my Guardian I was able to rush and sneak in a 2nd hit before it blinked out. That got me thinking, since I hit him with the shield it should have disrupted the power unless it resisted. I noticed that noting disrupted casters when they are casting a spell or using a power. If the power is an innate one that activates when hit, then we are out of luck. There are rules in the ADnD game that covers spell disruptions. A shield bash or other damages should disrupt the mage, unless it resist.

"Bam, did that hurt? Let's see you blink out loser" LOL
  • Options
    squibshotsquibshot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited February 2013
    Rogue has a power that knocks the opponent back a short distance and effectively disrupts casting - or so it states. The mechanic is intended to work that way, one would think, but I did not have the opportunity to test the theory.
  • Options
    harekazeharekaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I liked fighting these, it was awesome to watch them flying around lol