test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Im just going to laugh in the face of people that ask for healing

bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2013 in The Temple
Because i wont be speced for any healing at all on my cleric, there's no point at all to having a heal skill on your bar when you can have 3 aoe skills and just roll over packs of mobs all day whill spamming potions, cleric healing is made in a way where its not needed thanks to pot spamming and any class can basically out heal you with potions, so if people are going to slow down my dungeon run because they dont want to spend any money on potions im just going to laugh in their face
Post edited by bejita231 on

Comments

• ryo2810ryo2810 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wager it will be significantly harder at endgame where people would actually want a healer.
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Why play a cleric then? This is just a guess, but I don't think they do the most damage up close (like a rogue) or with AoE's (speculation, but wizard probably owns that one). Isn't that kind of sacrificing some of your powers for a less-than-ideal build? Could wait until a Battle Cleric or Paly comes in.
  • kingslayer74kingslayer74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    It would be nice if the healing by Clerics actually played a role in dungeons/delves and felt like they were a vital part of a group.
  • nik80nik80 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It would be nice if the healing by Clerics actually played a role in dungeons/delves and felt like they were a vital part of a group.

I think we should wait on this, its the first dungeon in the game. Why would they even bother putting the trinity in the game if it wasn't necessary at some point for classes to actually preform a specific role? I think its silly to assume that you won't NEED a cleric in later dungeons. The same goes for a tank. I watched cloak tower runs over the beta weekend in which the group had no Guardian Fighter...so are we to assume that because its not absolutely vital to have the perfect group composition in the very first group content introduced in the game that you will never need a tank and/or healer? I think that would be a poor assumption. Pump the breaks on this, lets wait and see.
  • taemekegtaemekeg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    Because i wont be speced for any healing at all on my cleric, there's no point at all to having a heal skill on your bar when you can have 3 aoe skills and just roll over packs of mobs all day whill spamming potions, cleric healing is made in a way where its not needed thanks to pot spamming and any class can basically out heal you with potions, so if people are going to slow down my dungeon run because they dont want to spend any money on potions im just going to laugh in their face

Right, because the level 16 dungeon is a clear example of how vital a cleric will be at end game...../facepalm
    edited February 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »
    Right, because the level 16 dungeon is a clear example of how vital a cleric will be at end game...../facepalm

^ This exactly
  • bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why play a cleric then? This is just a guess, but I don't think they do the most damage up close (like a rogue) or with AoE's (speculation, but wizard probably owns that one). Isn't that kind of sacrificing some of your powers for a less-than-ideal build? Could wait until a Battle Cleric or Paly comes in.

Because rogues is melee which i hate unless its tanky, and mage is too squishy for me, cleric in this game is a battlemage not a healer

And if my healing is worthless at lvl 30, then there's nothing stoping it from being worthless at 60 when dungeons do not have hard modes, and all you get is some limited heals that heal for very little, potions reign supreme
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Devoted Cleric is not "the" cleric it's "a" Cleric. And anyway Clerics have always been hybrid characters, there most likely will be better healers in the game.
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • drakwondrakwon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I tanked dungeons as a dps spec warrior in WoW up until level 60 and it was effective. That doesnt mean you can tank endgame as dps. The early dungeons in wow don't require a healer or a tank, but you always get one because of the que system. Even at level 90 the heroics tanks are doing it in dps gear and healers are dpsing because there's not much healing needed once you get to a certain gear level. Also this is early beta, like the other guy said they wouldn't have added the holy trinity if you didn't need it.
  • whisperionwhisperion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To everyone who thinks dungeon difficulty won't exist... a dev mentioned during one of the press previews that dungeon difficulty can't be controlled by the player, but once you reach the level cap, a new difficulty mode will open up for dungeons. If this is the case, and this mechanic is in the game at launch, it'll only seem like "hard mode" won't be available until people actually hit the level cap. He also states that there will be much harder dungeons than Cloak Tower in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Z0E6Yw-M1YY#t=2981s

Take from that what you will.
  • malvolio11malvolio11 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I healed quite a bit, I think I only did clocktower about 3-4 times with the cleric and I topped healing done as well as damage received did a little tanking while sustaining the DPS. The only qualm I have is both healing touch and the channeled healing spell are almost impossible to target when everyone's crowded in melee.
    It may come down to when you need heals you break off from the boss so the cleric can hit you. As for the lack of needing a healer you had some skilled players during the bossfights if any players got hit by one of the bosses emotes they absolutely needed my attention.
  • naturalwarlordnaturalwarlord Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I'm not sure if this is an attempt to troll, but it seems like it is.

What 3 aoe skills are you talking about? There were only two encounter powers that I remember from my level 20 cleric that had aoe... the one centered on the caster that damages enemies and heals nearby allies, and chains of light that damages and binds enemies so allies can kill them easier. Almost every cleric ability buffs or heals allies, even two of the three at-wills, which is exactly what the cleric (leader role) is supposed to be doing.

If you specifically picked all the powers that don't heal, it's not recommended but you have that option. Laughing in the face of people that ask for healing is the exact opposite of what I saw from clerics over the beta weekend; actually, whenever I was injured and passed a cleric, I'd receive random heals even when not grouped which was extremely helpful and made for a more fun experience. As for potion spamming to replace a cleric, just like in any other MMO, that's just insane.
  • shadow71shadow71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited February 2013

Seriously dude you really think that just because you played beta and you rolled over some mobs that is just the way the game is? Hahaha right now I am laughing in your face. First of all the damage and leveling in this game during beta was picked up X4. If you think for one second that this is the finished product then you are highly mistaken. I really don't care about if you heal or not during dungeons (just don't be in my group I always play tanks and believe me I know how to get back at some healer with some weird ideal thinking their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> don't stink). You do have to remember this pal after you do let groups die word would get around and all the dungeons you "think" you will go to that stuff won't happen sooner or later
  • aragoharagoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All of the people that truly did not grasp the importance of healers down the line is quite astonishing to say the least, I thought it was pretty common knowledge that the game was tiered easier the lower level you are especially during beta where everyone is doing more damage experience is boosted and all of that.

If you truly believe that people are going to invite you to party's just so you can tell them to "use health pots, I am a dps cleric" I don't foresee you being invited back to many groups for end game activity's. All of that aside we do not know the difficulty of the game at the higher levels so far all we have tested is the lower level things which the developers have stated should be easy and not require much thought process to get through.

So before we levy judgment on an entire class in the beginning stages of the first public beta perhaps we should see what happens in beta weekends two and three ya?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Credit: Syreian: Devient Art
  • silvernine84silvernine84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    In the Tower Dungeon, my party all died because of their uncanny ability to dodge and their desire to stack up on top of each other making healing extremely difficult. After they all died, I single-handedly soloed the boss; though I'd recommend at least the HOT and AE Heal/DMG on your bar.

I am guessing that Clerics will see a significant debuff in the near future. They are a little powerful right now.
    Hadekin Unavailable
    Seer of Seers, Sage of Sages, Prognosticator of Prognosticators,
    The Boss of the Applesauce, Dwarven Cleric Extraordinaire...

Hadekin.jpg
    Athkatla Arranaur, eat your heart out you gelatinous giant rat!
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    taemekeg wrote: »

A hint along the way would be nice 'cause if people doon't get used to it before end game they are not going to enjoy all the dieing they do at end game.

Actually the one time I paid attention to the kills and heals pop up my cleric had healed more than the next two combined and there was another cleric in the party. Seals and those AoEs can do massive amounts of heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
    edited February 2013
    Yea this whole thread should have been taken down after the OP pushed the "create thread" button. Absolutely absurd.
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They said that dungeon get progressively harder. Less tells of when you should avoid attacks, and probably going to get stomped harder. Potions have cooldowns so when you need that heal, you might go "Wish my cleric was here".

And who is to say that potions won't lower in rarity as you level? Sure, I had 46 cure minor wounds potions (Thanks to leveling with a cleric) but will you have 46 cure critical wounds later?
    houserin_signature.png
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've done two dungeons so far in Beta. Cloak tower was easy, and relatively short. The adds at the end were annoying, and can kill a dumb party, but that was about it. The pirate boss, now he was a bit more difficult. And the fight lasted at least twice as long.

I haven't played all the content, but I've done one more dungeon that you have. So, let's go with this:

To put it into WOW terms: You just lolhealed Deadmines and Gnomeregan, and you're telling me how to spec a priest for Ragnaros? Thanks, appreciate the advice, but I hope you don't mind if I think differently.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To OP, please revisit this page, and post your Clerics name, once the game releases. I want to group with you, but don't expect me to draw agro off you, as you clearly can handle that on your own.
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013

I believe you are making the presumption that very little will change from here until launch, and assumptions about higher level content having the same difficulty as the content we have experienced this past weekend. Based on past experience, difficulty and powers will be adjusted as the developers see fit. I am certain even Cryptic cannot ignore the numerous recounts of how easy the game was during the beta weekend, and the overpowered/useful nature of healing potions. I have made my own presumptions/assumptions here as well, I just look at the cup half full based on past experience with Cryptic, and mmo's in general.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
  • akukoakuko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    vernednd wrote: »
    I believe you are making the presumption that very little will change from here until launch, and assumptions about higher level content having the same difficulty as the content we have experienced this past weekend. Based on past experience, difficulty and powers will be adjusted as the developers see fit. I am certain even Cryptic cannot ignore the numerous recounts of how easy the game was during the beta weekend, and the overpowered/useful nature of healing potions. I have made my own presumptions/assumptions here as well, I just look at the cup half full based on past experience with Cryptic, and mmo's in general.

Cheers!

to assume makes an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of u and me
  • onethumbonethumb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lanessar13 wrote: »
    I've done two dungeons so far in Beta. Cloak tower was easy, and relatively short. The adds at the end were annoying, and can kill a dumb party, but that was about it. The pirate boss, now he was a bit more difficult. And the fight lasted at least twice as long.

I haven't played all the content, but I've done one more dungeon that you have. So, let's go with this:

To put it into WOW terms: You just lolhealed Deadmines and Gnomeregan, and you're telling me how to spec a priest for Ragnaros? Thanks, appreciate the advice, but I hope you don't mind if I think differently.
    Back in the day Gnomer was a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, hated that dungeon for a long time.
  • novanine1novanine1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Geez, the clerics role is not just for healing, it's for additional party support like bonus, ressurection, etc. Come on get with the program.......potions cannot compare to a clerics overall power, especiialy if equipped against undead or planar powers. It is always essential in any D&D party to have a cleric. If eqipped correctly they can bash pretty good too.
    ....and stop comparing WOW too D&D campaigns, they are not the same monster. And stop using the words dps, tanks, and that horrid word instances; IT'S A FRIKN QUEST OR ADVENTURE IN DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS campaigns. I've been playing D&D since the late 70's so I know better.
  • elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    2nd ED DnD shaped in part EQ I. EQ I in part shaped 3rd ED DnD. WoW in part shaped 4th ED DnD. Onr of he big shifst was the rogue in 2nd ED to EQ I due to lack of game design so they had to shift it towards what might have been one of the first melee DPS classes. Then in 3rd ED DnD you saw the shift as well. Now rogue is seen more as melee DPS than untility unless you consider burglar in LotRO. WoW has had a direct affect on DnD at this point and in MMO in general. We will see WoW in Neverwinter.
    2.jpg
  • fallenxaphanfallenxaphan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    when dungeons do not have hard modes, and all you get is some limited heals that heal for very little, potions reign supreme

I'd look at all the info because in one of the gaming runs on twitch one of the devs said to the media in a run thru that there would be a harder level in the dungeons for end game.
    Lifetime Sto subscriber
    Lifetime Champions subscriber