test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I doubt the exp is buffed in beta

bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
All the way up to level 30, i never had a quest or enemy that was more than 1 level above me, i was always doing quests that were exactly or near my level, the exp to quest ratio was perfect.

Which leads me to believe Beta exp will be the same as Release exp, if you increase exp requirements you will run out of quests in almost no time and have to resort to grinding or the odd repeatable quest, and this games main form of exp is by doing the quest treadmill

So i think the game is just a really fast and easy leveling game, nothing is going to change much on release, so all the grinders out their dont get your hopes up
Post edited by bejita231 on

Comments

• kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    Second that.
    If they lower xp rate either they have to put in alot of optionals or you will have to be forced to use foundry content
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    there is still a lot of zones left to visit and they will be bigger and bigger with more quests and exp rate will slow dawn i think and i dont see nothing wrong as it is now not everyone likes to play game few years before get lvl or reach cap
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    they have already said that the exp is increased for beta. They need the player base to progress faster putting different population stress on different shards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    mnatic wrote: »
    they have already said that the exp is increased for beta. They need the player base to progress faster putting different population stress on different shards.

Could you give a link to this "they" that said it?
  • will0boobawill0booba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought content was ''lvled up'' to our lvl for each quest and instanced area ? I thought that because, during all weekend, whenever I'd enter a dungeon or a quest area all mobs were always my lvl +- 1 ... Was I just lucky lol ?
    edited February 2013
    will0booba wrote: »
    I thought content was ''lvled up'' to our lvl for each quest and instanced area ? I thought that because, during all weekend, whenever I'd enter a dungeon or a quest area all mobs were always my lvl +- 1 ... Was I just lucky lol ?

This is tech that Cryptic already uses in CO and STO, leveling enemys in an instance, to help keep the challenge even across the character levels.
  • gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    Could you give a link to this "they" that said it?

Third hand information from me, but I had a guildmate state that a GM stated in zone chat that xp was boosted. I know of no written source for this though.

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • morhilanemorhilane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited February 2013
    will0booba wrote: »

The XP you get for doing all the quests in the beta make it so you are always at the right level for the next zone where it send you. Some quest XP reward is just meant to make sure you gain a new level.
  • bighalsybighalsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    XP is set anywhere from double to 4X normal xp for testing purposes. Or so I've heard. :)
    Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
  • doomking70doomking70 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    freakin lv 30? wtf in ddo we still are lv 25 after 7+yrs whats with this new type of lv system did they just through DnD out the door what end game lv 180 .. they have such potential for a good game but really WOC or cryptic are going too %$^% this up .
    Die
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well I hope the OP is dead wrong. Fast leveling is a game killer for me. I don't need old school EQ leveling, but if this is anything like RIFT with it's super fast easy leveling, I'll find something else to spend my time on. Level 30 in a weekend; why bother?
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is increased I turned in two quests and I went from lvl 19 to lvl 21 even though the text indicated that I was getting 2000 and change in exp. This was when I started blackdagger area. I specifically payed attention because so many people were calling me a liar when I told them we were boosted up. So all those people looking for quotes there you go. I tested the theory we are being boosted to cover content that is obviously not in the game.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    doomking70 wrote: »
    freakin lv 30? wtf in ddo we still are lv 25 after 7+yrs whats with this new type of lv system did they just through DnD out the door what end game lv 180 .. they have such potential for a good game but really WOC or cryptic are going too %$^% this up .

Well really the levels here are the equivalent of ranks in DDO.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    This is tech that Cryptic already uses in CO and STO, leveling enemys in an instance, to help keep the challenge even across the character levels.

But the items are on par though, they too curtailed to char level? Completed a quest with the relative level of quest reward... actually was a lvl below but after turn-in made the level.
    edited February 2013
    mnatic wrote: »

Yes link please, tired of people chiming this tune but have yet to see the Dev word and this seems to be a rumor from the grapevine. I think that the leveling is pretty on par since otherwise one will be forced to do foundry or events for leveling which from my impression of Cryptic statements is that the foundry will be an option not a requirement to do the quests.
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The "they" in question is truthseeker. Here.

I can't use that link...is it perhaps in the beta forums?
    THIS IS CLERIC AGGRO IN BW3
    edited February 2013
    The "they" in question is truthseeker. Here.

Thks, too much the fans will regurgitate a rumor as facts at least I know where this is coming from. They still don't provide how much an XP buff, but at least I know they did increase it.
    edited February 2013
    babylon wrote: »
    I can't use that link...is it perhaps in the beta forums?

It's just Truth saying

"To clarify:

XP was increased in this testing, but difficulty was not. Thank you for doing what you are doing and reporting the feeling of (or lack of) difficulty to you. Please be as detailed as you can though, including if it ever was very easy or noted more difficult, etc. "
  • silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Oops. Sorry, I didn't check first to see if the link was to the Beta Forums. :o
  • babylonbabylon Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's just Truth saying

"To clarify:

XP was increased in this testing, but difficulty was not. Thank you for doing what you are doing and reporting the feeling of (or lack of) difficulty to you. Please be as detailed as you can though, including if it ever was very easy or noted more difficult, etc. "

That question he posed rings many warning bells: for god's sakes people don't tell them the game was easy....or you'll end up having to buy tons of xp pots and hp pots from the cash shop.
  • geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yeah. that may be the reason. they arnt making it a long drawn out 200 hours to cap grind fest as most other MMOs do. its more about just having fun. I hope the rate doesnt change. leveling was fun in doing missions and such other games it can feel like a chore!

the game isnt "easy" check out some of the foundry missions they are brutal! :-p
    edited February 2013
    geddings12 wrote: »
    the game isnt "easy" check out some of the foundry missions they are brutal! :-p

Quick question - are you able to make your own foundry missions, set difficulty levels and numbers of players it's designed for, then play the missions you just made yourself?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry I can't quote where the head GM saying it was increased XP, sinmce she was answering this in game to many other users. I was too busy with things like the blue screen, empty deves...and occasionally playing :p

But yes, XP was increased and is not at its normal rate. If Melanderi wants to discuss that or any Dev besides the head GM for that manner, they are free to do so.

Or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Ok thnx for the info.
  • trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Well, I hope its not too grindy.