test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Play the game after Zoning in.

arkangelx3arkangelx3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I posted this on someone else's thread and frankly im getting very annoyed now. This is whats happening:
I log into the game and usually within the first 30 seconds my game 100% freezes/locks-up. Sometimes it can happen when i am simply running somewhere, sometimes it happens when i first attack a mob. Its not laggy or anything, there is no choppiness to actions, the game simply freezes. Sometimes within 30 seconds, maybe 2 mins the game will unfreeze, and it happens again. Ive had to alt-f4 about 5 times in the last 20 mins. Someone needs to look into this please. I understand beta is beta, but it can't be beta if we can't even "beta" it. TY.

edit1*Tried 10 mintues later same issue. This game is effectivly dead for me atm.
edit2*Still can't get into the game without it immedialtly freezing now, i happen to be stuck near a hostile mob, and when he attacks my game freezes instantly.
18.jpg
Post edited by arkangelx3 on

Comments

• Options
    arkangelx3arkangelx3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any moderators/tech support offer anything? Should i post a dxdiag, error log(would there really be any since the game never generated a crash report)?
    18.jpg
  • Options
    dtyburski1dtyburski1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm having exactly the same issue. I was able to play for a bit yesterday, but now after creating a new toon, I am unable to interact with anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Interact with anything, or the game freezes? Two totally different issues. Not being able to interact with anything means u can still run around, but cant talk with any NPCS or fight mobs etc. My game just strait up freezes after a few seconds.
    18.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Update-
    I zoned into the game a few hours earlier and, got the standard game freeze. This time i let it stay that way for idk, about 5+ mins. It finally unfroze.(i assume someone came along and killed the mobs attacking me, or the mobs near me patted away). After the game unfroze, i went back to the main city and talked in chat a few mins, without any crashes. So i went back into the zone, and did not encounter any more crashes, and was able to fight mobs without any problems. I was able to complete numerious quests up finding the Neverwinter crown. No idea what it was. I didnt change anything on my end. Its possible that where i was crashing was some buggy area. If GM's would like more specific areas where i was just ask.
    18.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    False alarm, the game keeps locking up and still freezing, but now its usually for about 30 seconds at a time, and not even in combat. And btw yes my drivers are up to date.
    18.jpg
  • Options
    laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    If anyone is seeing this issue as described (long freezes where you cannot move, etc.), and would like to help us track down the problem, please contact me here.

Rob