test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Drow Renegade...(solvedish)

rollhacksrollhacks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I just bought the Founders pack and the email I got said, "Unique Menzoberranzan Renegade background - Unique racial ability and cosmetic options"

So there you have it. I also thought it would be a new selectable race with its own options but it seems it will be a regular drow. Oh well I like the other goodies too.
Those who worship the light have never seen what shadow can do.
Post edited by rollhacks on

Comments

• nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    that's imho common sense, a whole new race imho would be too much
  • lordshadowrunelordshadowrune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The way they worded it made it sound like you had to buy the founders pack to play Drow at all instead of it just giving you more options for the Drow, so it's good to know you can still play a Drow without spending $200.
  • rollhacksrollhacks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's what I thought as well
  • rollhacksrollhacks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I kept going back and forth and I saw a few articles posted about it as well so I thought I would unofficially confirm
  • kathriennekathrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The info for the Hero Pack reads:
    "Only Heroes of the North will receive exclusive access to the MENZOBERRANZAN RENEGADE a unique playable race..."

This is less than clear to me. A unique playable race. Sure, they might have meant that it was unique to this game, but c'mon, really? That's not how it reads when the only place this is mentioned is in the description for what you get when purchasing the $200 pack.

I still think some black on white clarification on this matter would be nice, since it is far from clear as is.
    [*w*] Consider this my official petition for Mimic companions! [*w*]

EDITED:
    Neverwinter: +3.5 for Mimics in game! Finally!
  • nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the way i read it was the menzoberranzan renegade background story to the drow race.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Drow and Menzoberranzan Renegade are two different things at the moment lore-wise if more renegades might be escaping or these could be escapees prior to certain events like Drizzt was and not part of the mass influx of recent released Drow.
  • teknykkteknykk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's been stated already in another thread (too deep for me to bother finding at the moment) that it'll just be a background...it'd be rather pointless making two versions of an identical race, no matter how long they've been "freed" from the Spider Queen's grip, the Drow are Drow.

The background may alter their racial traits slightly compared to the other backgrounds, but it'll still be the same race...no point wasting another race slot with something identical in almost every way.
  • baneelement2baneelement2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    clearly indicates in the FAQ that the race will only be playable at launch.
  • vampirialvampirial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just really want confirmation we get that Drow Cosmetic armor, i have a horrible feeling we dont.
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    In the future they could sell races and classes in the cash shop and much cooler mounts, its been done in many games already and cheap like $5-20 for classes and races, mounts, etc.

IMO $200 could go a looooooong way in a cash shop so unless you really wanted the stuff it has in it, its better to wait til we see the shop and what else there is to buy at it.

Imagine you spend $200 and you see $100 worth of other things later on at launch or shortly after you want more.... you really gonna keep putting that much into a F2P game? I will spend money, but not more than what it would be to buy a boxed game each year.
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So more of a sub-culture of the standard Drow is what they should have said in that item description.
  • bighalsybighalsy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 261 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    How can it be a different race when they're both friggin drow?! That's not even a different ethnicity!
    Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large.
  • angrybearsfanangrybearsfan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Your first taste of what is to come. Spending real life money on things with vague descriptions, so that you "might" be sure what you get but there is always a little doubt.

But hey, it's was really a 549$ value, so even if you didn't get what you wanted you are actually SAVING 349$. PWE just saved you 349$, show a little respect please.
  • darklegendnemodarklegendnemo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Your first taste of what is to come. Spending real life money on things with vague descriptions, so that you "might" be sure what you get but there is always a little doubt.

But hey, it's was really a 549$ value, so even if you didn't get what you wanted you are actually SAVING 349$. PWE just saved you 349$, show a little respect please.

Value set by who? Cause I can put a 1k euro value on the underpants I'm wearing, that does not make them worth that much. But yeah, it does kinda feel like they are ripping us off and honestly I didn't mind if the game was as I expected, or rather, wanted it to be, but since it's not playing a race with a different background riding a spider and being follwed by a black cat hardly seems worth 200$.
    I'm not even sure about the drow armor if it comes in that sum of money or how "cosmetic items" work in this game.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They gave exactly what they said. They said they will give you exclusive menzoberranzan renegade and that is what you got.

They did not promise you exclusive drow race.

Nobody else will get the Menzoberranzan renegade background until later if/when they put it on cash shop.