test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character slot limit?

raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
since the search didn't give any answers i'll throw that question in.

as it seems, cryptic won't charge for additional classes they bring after launch. but i'm wondering, if there'll be a character slot limit to indirectly charge for checking out other classes. the slot limit from 1 in STO is already really harsh. since the beta started now, is there any character slot limit? or are there any information about a character slot limit at launch?
Post edited by raugar on

Comments

• soapylandsoapyland Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Looking at the different packs ie founders and guardian, it states that people who bought the founders pack get and extra 3 slots on launch and I believe guardians was one extra . These extra slots are on top of the existing two slots you start with so I dare say they will charge for extra slots.
  • chickenjackchickenjack Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    who cares? do you plan just to level a ton of characters to max then bail? if you do can i have your stuff... and if youre just asking... why?
  • docdoodydocdoody Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    who cares? do you plan just to level a ton of characters to max then bail? if you do can i have your stuff... and if youre just asking... why?

They have every right to ask. I'm curious as well. I have the "Guardian Pack" and can only have a maximum of 3 slots. No doubt we will be able to pay for more slots in the future.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    docdoody wrote: »
    They have every right to ask. I'm curious as well. I have the "Guardian Pack" and can only have a maximum of 3 slots. No doubt we will be able to pay for more slots in the future.

An you buy all 3 lvls of founder's pack? and if so do the slots stack?
  • raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013

i care, because that's how mmos work. someone experienced in mmos would know that. you choose 1 class to be your main. someday, it will be max level and u did everything you could do with it, so you'll just get into a routine of doing some stuff with your main (raids in other mmos for example) and for your freetime, you create twinks to play around. you plan on just playing one character? fine, your decision, don't cry if you get bored someday then. not my problem though.

oh and on the topic. 2 slots is not that much, considering the number of classes and the fact that they are planning to add aditional classes later on. so inderectly, they do charge for new classes.
  • drwarpeffectdrwarpeffect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    2 character slots? Why a super-generous amazing F2P. (/sarcasm off)
  • chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    2 character slots? Why a super-generous amazing F2P. (/sarcasm off)

I assume the "why" is supposed to be a "what"?

It's free to play, not free to everything. They have to generate money, they are a business.

2 slots are fine as long as additional slots are not over priced. I assume they can be bought with zen (I believe this is the currency bought with money) and I hope there is a conversion system to turn gold/astral gems into zen. This means you do not have to spend a single dime for the extras, as long as you put in the time.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • drwarpeffectdrwarpeffect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I really meant "why its" in informal disdainful speech. I have NO problem with them making a profit. The problem has been how many F2Ps have gone about making that profit. Three slots should have been the minimum. Top founder's pack should have been less expensive. 1st beta weekend should have been less exclusive. For those that think all this is just opinion be aware that there is a great deal of previous F2P history now that can be examined to back these claims, plus a tremendous amount of research about consumer behavior including virtual economies. I think it can be argued that the company would have made more money in the long run (and probably in the short run too) just by making these three changes. There is such a large number of people on this forum that seem to think that any criticism of PWE's pricing scheme is silly "because the company has to make money." If you saw two gas stations side by side with one selling gas at $3.75 per gallon and one selling gas at $9.56 per gallon you would quite correctly be able to predict the more expensive one would soon be out of business.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Did not know founders got extra slots. This gives me the HAPPEHS :D

Now if they only improved this forum look and interface It be over the moon :/
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    Did not know founders got extra slots. This gives me the HAPPEHS :D

Now if they only improved this forum look and interface It be over the moon :/

NEPHT. Scoot back to CO with ye!! *makes shooing motions*

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ClC sup mah ninja :D
    Of course I'd appear here another PnP game made by Cryptic games gonna be sweet \o/
  • raugarraugar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    It's free to play, not free to everything. They have to generate money, they are a business.

i don't have a problem with that at all. in fact, i'm more than willing to spend money for good f2p games. and so far neverwinter makes a good impression. but a relevant factor for me is, how much do i feel forced to pump money into the game. the more i feel forced to, the less i'm willing to. so far i pumped the most money into path of exile. why? because they really only sell cosmetic stuff. they don't force u to anything and make you feel treated really fair. the bad example for that would be swtor as it went free to play. it felt really cheating and so i quit right away.

i dont have a problem with limited character slots in general. it's just it shouln'd be to limited. 2 slots for 5 classes at launch and new classes already in the making? not enough. gw2 for example launched with 8 classes and offered 5 slots at the beginning (and i bought 3 additional slots to create all classes, just because 5 slots felt fair).
This discussion has been closed.