test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is There Going To Be A Mentoring System?

yokoshimaonikibayokoshimaonikiba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited March 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I really hate games where I have to make an alt for each friend I have. Anyone know if there will be a mentoring system?
Post edited by yokoshimaonikiba on

Comments

• Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was literally thinking about this earlier. I got a friend in the military who cant play a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited February 2013
    I'd like to see a mentoring system like what City of Heroes had, I wouldn't like to see an auto-scaling system like GW2 tho.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Im a HUGE fan of auto scaling, i think it should be the next thing that TESO and EQ Next should adapt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    onyxgrifteronyxgrifter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Was just talking about this earlier with a friend who has a tendency to out level the rest of us in other games. They should definitely put these features in the game.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would love love love to see this.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    gilbeggerbgilbeggerb Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2013
    This would just about make the game for me. While I would still play it and like it if it didn't have it, I would just love it if I could still play with my brothers even after one of us has outleveled the others. Unfortunately, we can't always keep the same schedules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit for image to Shiaika. I just stole it!
  • Options
    lordoffilinglordoffiling Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Take heart, ladies and gentlemen. Cryptic's previous two offerings, Champions Online and Star Trek Online, both had mentoring systems built in from the day they launched. They are big believers in it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Take heart, ladies and gentlemen. Cryptic's previous two offerings, Champions Online and Star Trek Online, both had mentoring systems built in from the day they launched. They are big believers in it.

Thats why im confident but no one has actually come out and said it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yokoshimaonikibayokoshimaonikiba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well that sounds like good news, all I can do now is hope. I would love it if anyone from Cryptic could comment and put my fears to rest. Then again I would like to see how they would handle going into dungeons/instances that player X already did and that group member Y is about to do since it appears you can only do them once.
  • Options
    gilbeggerbgilbeggerb Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2013
    I think it would be understandable if they limited the whole mentoring thing to only bring people down in level.
    I can see a higher level helping out a lower level (after being brought down) but the idea of some level 6 halfling smacking a beholder with a stick strikes me as strange.
    Regardless, a mentoring system would be appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit for image to Shiaika. I just stole it!
  • Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Thats why im confident but no one has actually come out and said it.

I thought I saw in interview somewhere where they said it wasn't going to have one. But I can't say for sure. I thought it odd at the time because of their track record with mentoring systems.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Uhh.. Mentioned in NOCS episode 2, Mentoring/sidekicking may be added to foundry, but most likely will not with the normal Areas
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    castagyrecastagyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The foundry allowing for side kicking would be nice, but if it does then they might as well allow it for the whole game.
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    castagyre wrote: »
    The foundry allowing for side kicking would be nice, but if it does then they might as well allow it for the whole game.

they said it is easier to scale Foundry than the normal content

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    castagyrecastagyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    they said it is easier to scale Foundry than the normal content

That doesn't make much sense given that it's usually the character that is scaled, not the content**
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    castagyre wrote: »
    That doesn't make much sense given that it's usually the character that is scaled, not the content**
    Or maybe I stated that wrong, it is easier to scale because foundry content scales with you, than it is to highly scale down a player. I cant remember exactly but it was on the NOCS.(I need to get back to transcribing that)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    soapylandsoapyland Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Or maybe I stated that wrong, it is easier to scale because foundry content scales with you, than it is to highly scale down a player. I cant remember exactly but it was on the NOCS.(I need to get back to transcribing that)

They did mention that foundry missions scale to the player, but if you have a level 6 and a level 38 walk in together, who will it scale to? Only way i can foresee high and lower lvls questing together is if the do bring in the sidekick system, scaling content to match players that are different lvls will not work.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Any new news?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    Any new news?

Someone has said that during the press beta that during the Q&A Cryptic stated they are working on a mentoring system.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/